Jump to content

Early start on sweet corn


searcyfarms
 Share

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, searcyfarms said:

Been hitting the bird feeder two nights straight not sure how many but hopefully this will help the crop later ?

IMG_20210402_074810.jpg

Make sure you release him in a nice residential area so they may enjoy the wildlife.?

  • Like 3
  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, junkandcattle said:

Make sure you release him in a nice residential area so they may enjoy the wildlife.?

He was relocated successfully

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, IHCfarmer said:

Next time try golden marlin!! They really love fly bait!!

i know someone that uses that it works really well but its hard pets too

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, searcyfarms said:

He was relocated successfully

I've successfully released every one caught in a live trap too! Biggest reason for trapping them is the amount of 'Tomcat' mouse poison they eat. It kills them in the end but is really expensive. Just amazing how much they can eat! When I first started using it, didn't have an issue for a long time. Then one ate some and it was like he told all the others there's candy over there!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, DT Fan said:

Biggest reason for trapping them is the amount of 'Tomcat' mouse poison they eat.

Holy crap! I was going through buckets of the stuff and it turned out to be opossums. They seem to gobble the stuff down like M&Ms with no ill effect. Got one in a have a heart but the other was wise to it, so got it in a leg hold. Tossed it out for something to pick it up but even the vultures turned their noses (beaks?) up at it. Thought better of it and buried it as I didn't want to kill an eagle or something.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, New Englander said:

Holy crap! I was going through buckets of the stuff and it turned out to be opossums. They seem to gobble the stuff down like M&Ms with no ill effect. Got one in a have a heart but the other was wise to it, so got it in a leg hold. Tossed it out for something to pick it up but even the vultures turned their noses (beaks?) up at it. Thought better of it and buried it as I didn't want to kill an eagle or something.

I've heard that about opossums. Have caught a few in the live trap. It is amazing how they can be wise to them, it's like someone else is trapping/educating them and dumping them in my area!

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...