Bad day at my late Uncles farm

Back in February I posted "One of the hardest things I ever had to do". One of my Uncles who was very close to me passed of cancer. This morning my Aunt called me and told me they had a building burning. My cousin sent me a picture. Building was a retired livestock barn that was now being used for storage. Had a lot of good stuff in it and plenty of cool IH parts. Was just in there checking the inventory Monday. Well it burned to the ground this morning. Not a good day. No one hurt though. Pretty tough on the family.

Image-1.jpg

• Sad 11

Prayers for you and your family . Fire is pretty final, that’s a tough break and a bad deal, any idea of the cause? 

• Like 1

Sorry for everyones loss glad no one was hurt.

Sorry for this most recent unfortunate event. Praise nobody was hurt or worse 

9 hours ago, vtfireman85 said:

Prayers for you and your family . Fire is pretty final, that’s a tough break and a bad deal, any idea of the cause? 

The lawn mower had been running. Think some of last years dry grass started smoldering and then poof. That is the only thing that had been changed in the building, nothing else had been touched.

So sad to hear of the struggles your family is going through.

Hope and prayers they turn around for you all

Sorry to hear about this. Nobody needs something like that.

Well dang 😞 sorry to see  this Matt 

Danny

Lawn mowers start more shed fires.  Hot bearing catching grass on fire on deck.  Grass around exhaust under shields.....  Makes you want to leave them outside.   Long enough to cool down anyway.