Just throwing this out there; a friend has in his shop a rebuilt, long block td 14A engine. It was professionally rebuilt years ago and never picked up. This is a 3 generation auto machine shop that is sadly winding down. I have tried to sell it in the past but everyone who showed up wanted it for a wheel [farm] tractor no matter what I had told them.

3 hours ago, Moodnacreek said:

Just throwing this out there; a friend has in his shop a rebuilt, long block td 14A engine. It was professionally rebuilt years ago and never picked up. This is a 3 generation auto machine shop that is sadly winding down. I have tried to sell it in the past but everyone who showed up wanted it for a wheel [farm] tractor no matter what I had told them.

the WD40 engine is pretty much the same. same bore same liners and this  engine will work in that tractor. and i have seen wd40's with this engine in them.

1 hour ago, rustred said:

the WD40 engine is pretty much the same. same bore same liners and this  engine will work in that tractor. and i have seen wd40's with this engine in them.

That's interesting. I had to say what I did because of the wasted time with guys who want to bolt it in an M.

6 hours ago, Moodnacreek said:

That's interesting. I had to say what I did because of the wasted time with guys who want to bolt it in an M.

good,they have no clue! if it was around me i would take it.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, PA Shovel said:

Moodnacreek:  Is the motor still available?  How can I best contact you to ask some questions?

The motor is available. We are less than an hour from Milford, PA., not far off 84 [ in nys] The price is very reasonable. The engine is at Keller's auto machine. 845-496-3775, Mike, one man shop, not young and all the problems that go with it. Tell him Doug from the sawmill told you. Does this forum have personal messages?  Thanks for you interest, Doug