Steering Hand Pump Identification

A regular concern when repairing steering hand pump leaks is obtaining the correct sealing sleeve for the lower section.
This confusion comes from the elimination of some of the pertinent information that was in the original IH parts books.

I copied the section that has the letter designations  used to determine the correct parts to get.

The main difference is whether the tractor had the standard, external cylinder axle or was equipped with a wet bolster used with a tricycle front end or high clear axle. 

1181777255_HandPumpIdentificationLettersIH66SeriesTractors.thumb.png.e2dba87c93b33c3a982361f7fbab2ab0.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, fspring said:

theres only two sealing sleeves, the length of the bolts will tell you which one.

We told the dealer a few years ago to order every length and they sent us 3

SO does this mean that guys swapping from narrow to wide front also need to change the hand pump to make it steer right?   I never drove a narrow front IH with power steering, curious what the results are here??

1 hour ago, Jeff-C-IL said:

SO does this mean that guys swapping from narrow to wide front also need to change the hand pump to make it steer right?   I never drove a narrow front IH with power steering, curious what the results are here??

Depends. Are you switching bolster?