66 series deluxe cab

Have to rebuild the high low shift linkage beside the steering wheel on my dad's 966. Can you get the center and right hand panels off with the cab on or does the cab need to come off?

Did the exact same thing last winter to my 966.  Mine has a year a round cab. I ended up loosening the front cab mounts and tilting the whole cab up and back about 2 feet.  Don’t know if yours is the same.

I had to be careful and have some supports in place to be sure the cab didn’t go over center backwards.

The filler piece between the hoods and the frame below the windshield is removable.   That will allow you to easilly remove the 2 hood halves to expose the shifting linkage.

1 hour ago, nepoweshiekfarmalls said:

The filler piece between the hoods and the frame below the windshield is removable.   That will allow you to easilly remove the 2 hood halves to expose the shifting linkage.

Right. The cab does not have to be moved. You'll need to remove the engine hoods first and then can remove the covers over steering column. Usually a grimey mess in this area with fuel spillage mixing with dirt, a good opportunity to clean everything first. A good idea to check all the linkages in this area at this time since it is a little bit of a PIA to get to. Fuel gauge also, if it doesn't work this is opportunity to fix it. Throttle lever, is it too tight or too loose...adjustment right there if needed. 

Perty much just going to have to fix the range shifting there. Its a feed tractor so I'll be short of time to get it fixed anyways working off farm and living 40 miles away.