93 year old Dad had both Moderna  shots with NO side effects. I've had both Moderna shots with mild headache after second shot. Wife had both Moderna shots with NO side effects. Guess we're doing good here. Pembroke

• Like 1
  • Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I guess that I will be the odd guy here. I am 75 years old and do not scare as quick as most of the responders on this site. I am not going to let myself be frightened out of my wits because this corr

It's hard for me to fathom being so afraid of getting a sickness that has such a high survival rate that I need a shot that was whipped up basically overnight.  99%+ survival rate and I need to get a

im with 74a-472 not getting it.... all of the sheep  that run out and get the jab should really think it thru , what kind of side affects will they have in 1 / 3 / 5 years down the road , an all for a

Posted Images

2 hours ago, New Englander said:

Just curious. Where is that information? As a casual observer I've seen several different reactions in seemingly healthy individuals so I'd like to know where your information came from so I can read up on it. Nothing meant here, I just want to be able to read it for myself.

It was simply from one of the lead Doctors from Northwestern on a Chicago radio station interview, Dr. Kevin Most.

33 minutes ago, jass1660 said:

It was simply from one of the lead Doctors from Northwestern on a Chicago radio station interview, Dr. Kevin Most.

Thank you.

I found this interview: https://wgnradio.com/health/dr-kevin-most-you-can-get-your-second-dose-of-the-covid-vaccine-within-six-weeks-of-your-first/

Great interview! I did not hear in this interview that a good immune system provided fewer side effects but rather that a strong reaction to the second shot proves your  immune system is working well. He also said that a strong response to the first shot may indicate you may have had an asymptomatic case of COVID-19 already, and, that having had such a case and getting fully vaccinated provides a very strong immunity. Those comments come towards the end of the interview.

Thanks again for the source. This doc is very informative and has an easy manner for us laymen to grasp.

Edited by New Englander
may have had
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, New Englander said:

Thank you.

I found this interview: https://wgnradio.com/health/dr-kevin-most-you-can-get-your-second-dose-of-the-covid-vaccine-within-six-weeks-of-your-first/

Great interview! I did not hear in this interview that a good immune system provided fewer side effects but rather that a strong reaction to the second shot proves your  immune system is working well. He also said that a strong response to the first shot may indicate you may have had an asymptomatic case of COVID-19 already, and, that having had such a case and getting fully vaccinated provides a very strong immunity. Those comments come towards the end of the interview.

Thanks again for the source. This doc is very informative and has an easy manner for us laymen to grasp.

He is on with several different hosts throughout the week on many subjects.

• Like 1

Had my first round of Moderna yesterday.   Almost no swelling or discomfort at the injection site. Maybe a little sluggish feeling and joint discomfort.   Not bad at all.  

Called the Doc this morning and told him what happened, he said more than likely I had already had covid. 

I had my second Pfizer dose at 9:40 this morning. Other than a short period that lasted about an hour where I had a slight soreness in the injection area I have not noticed any side affects. After the first injection three weeks ago I had just a hint of a headache that came and went and lasted about four hours.

At 69 nine years old with diabetes and an essential worker I probably could have gotten the vaccine earlier if I has pursued it. I just waited until my health care provider called for me to set up an appointment. My wife, our 16 year old grandson who lives with us (works in a health care center where he gets tested weekly), and our son with heart problems who also lives with us have all gotten the vaccine with minimal side effects. My wife had temporary soreness in the injection site and the grandson complained about being tired but that might of been a result of staying up late playing video games.😁

I had a sore arm at the shot site and mild headache from the first shot, took two doses of Tylenol and was fine. Had my second shot a month ago, felt a little fuzzy about 6 hours after the shot, took Tylenol, then again at bed time and again in the morning and was fine. I am a month out of getting my second dose of the Moderna vaccine.

All 10 of my employees have gotten both doses. Have had the whole range of reactions, from no reaction, sore arms, general tiredness, headache, to in bed for day. All are feeling fine now. My sister got the J&J  shot and was knocked down for a day and a half. She is a teacher and the intermediate unit provided shots to teachers over the weekend, the school districts had so many teachers that got the shot on Sunday have reactions on Monday, they didn't have enough teachers for the schools!

I just flew home from Florida on Monday, and having the vaccine made me feel better about flying.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, New Englander said:

Just curious. Where is that information? As a casual observer I've seen several different reactions in seemingly healthy individuals so I'd like to know where your information came from so I can read up on it. Nothing meant here, I just want to be able to read it for myself.

my wife was knocked down hard from hers...working with those snot drooling little yard apes you would think her system would be strong...dunno, in 10 years we may have better info. 

Second pfizer Friday. Yipee.  My 99 year old mother has had both.  No problem.

Just do it, let's get done with this crap.

21 minutes ago, lightninboy said:

What's the point? Still told to wear a mask. 

The point is that you have a 95% or better chance of not getting sick or worse and if you're one of the few who still manage to contract it you'll be better in a few days, not sick for weeks, or worse. Why is that hard to fathom?

The mask mandate will eventually be lifted when enough are vaccinated. Why not contribute to that number and hasten it for all of us?

For you anti-vax people, please don't respond, we've heard it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
31 minutes ago, lightninboy said:

What's the point? Still told to wear a mask. 

Point is to stop spreading it around.  Put your mask on and get vaccinated.  Sign up - its free

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 February 2021, 6:22 am EST By Luis Smith Tech Times

Dr. Anthony Fauci, President Joe Biden's chief medical adviser for COVID-19, stated that Americans will still wear face masks when stepping outside their homes until 2023, even as he predicted the country would return in a state of normality by September.

If I'm gonna do that, I need some payback for it!

I guess that I will be the odd guy here. I am 75 years old and do not scare as quick as most of the responders on this site. I am not going to let myself be frightened out of my wits because this corrupt government is trying to order the sheep what they can do and what they can't. They can stick their shot up where the sun don't shine.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 5

im with 74a-472 not getting it.... all of the sheep  that run out and get the jab should really think it thru , what kind of side affects will they have in 1 / 3 / 5 years down the road , an all for a gamble for a virus that has a 99.8 % chance of survival

• Like 10

I didn't get the shot because I was afraid of getting sick, I actually think I had it early on in March before you could even get a test. I got the shot because I was able to get it through work and I figured the faster more people got it, the sooner we would get back to normal.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
5 hours ago, CC_Ranger said:

I didn't get the shot because I was afraid of getting sick, I actually think I had it early on in March before you could even get a test. I got the shot because I was able to get it through work and I figured the faster more people got it, the sooner we would get back to normal.

Between the C-Party, their propagandists in the MEDIA, (who INVENT the 'facts' as they see fit), the bootlicking, afraid of their own shadow Karens, (who, because they are incapable of thinking for themselves), believe these 'facts') and, as in this one of MANY, MANY instances, of law enforcement demonstrating their utter contempt for the Constitutional RIGHTS of WE, THE PEOPLE, things will NEVER return to 'normal':

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2021/03/29/deirde-hariston-holy-trinity-catholic-church-mask/

Name ONE time that government has EVER relinquished control, once they have taken FREEDOM from us.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
16 hours ago, New Englander said:

The point is that you have a 95% or better chance of not getting sick or worse and if you're one of the few who still manage to contract it you'll be better in a few days, not sick for weeks, or worse. Why is that hard to fathom?

It's hard for me to fathom being so afraid of getting a sickness that has such a high survival rate that I need a shot that was whipped up basically overnight.  99%+ survival rate and I need to get a shot so that if I do contract it, then build my own immunity, I have a 95% chance of not dying? I think the risk is about the same.  Maybe my math is off.  Besides, I've been directly exposed twice and never got it.  I'm not too worried.  Oh, and I never stayed home, never wear a mask and have traveled the country freely since last year, and not short distances either.  

What is "hard to fathom" is the fear some of you have, and the false hope that once the government feels it's "safe" things will get back to normal.  They want this to be the new normal.  The longer you all play the game, the longer it will continue.  

• Like 12
  • Haha 1
On 3/31/2021 at 6:27 PM, New Englander said:

The mask mandate will eventually be lifted when enough are vaccinated. Why not contribute to that number and hasten it for all of us?

For you anti-vax people, please don't respond, we've heard it.

I'm not worthy of this medicine so I willing to give up my spot so another may live, Just think of this as my way of showing my respect and admiration for others. They can thank me later.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

this is the new normal, we are not going back to the old way again ,,, any body that just runs out and gets the jab is not real bright because there is  no answer on the long term effects of it and when the drug companies cant not be held responsible for any side effects why would you get it ... and vaccine pass port is all about control and nothing else

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
18 hours ago, J-Mech said:

It's hard for me to fathom being so afraid of getting a sickness that has such a high survival rate that I need a shot that was whipped up basically overnight.  99%+ survival rate and I need to get a shot so that if I do contract it, then build my own immunity, I have a 95% chance of not dying? I think the risk is about the same.  Maybe my math is off.  Besides, I've been directly exposed twice and never got it.  I'm not too worried.  Oh, and I never stayed home, never wear a mask and have traveled the country freely since last year, and not short distances either.  

What is "hard to fathom" is the fear some of you have, and the false hope that once the government feels it's "safe" things will get back to normal.  They want this to be the new normal.  The longer you all play the game, the longer it will continue.  

Fear no, I fear no man and very few animals. The reason I took it was because my grandson has type 2 diabetes and the doctors said it probably be fatal if he gets it. So MY fear was I could be the cause of his death. 

• Confused 1

It all comes down to who you trust and who you believe.  Some of us trust people that others of us don't.

Personally, I don't trust or believe people who have either consistently lied or been wrong.  It wouldn't take long to make a pretty long list.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, 806 man said:

I'm not worthy of this medicine so I willing to give up my spot so another may live, Just think of this as my way of showing my respect and admiration for others. They can thank me later.

same here

Mike

• Like 2