Watch The Last 8 Minutes Or So

15 minutes ago, Grayihcowner said:

Nice to see the 1206 working, but somebody should show them how to lay out a field with headlands and plow it right.

Yeah, I wanted to see him plow in the dead furrow.

Ok I’m going to highjack this thread, so what is the “correct” way to plow? I'm attaching a few pictures, one is of a small field that I would like to work up. How would you go about plowing it? If you want to get creative you can save the picture and edit it with arrows showing directions. 
The other two pictures are plows that I have been looking at. Is the IH plow worth the extra money? D189545A-5949-45E1-AACA-E30D1B99FD61.thumb.png.e8a293edf7159308b35b1582318c6f47.png4C4DB4B0-5AAB-489A-86E2-0162DBB20FA1.thumb.png.0f38236bdf25a0428cc8fb93a38419c6.pngC3B4C5EB-F915-439C-8197-C695B02A7EE3.thumb.png.ebddbaee00db528f6433d174253fec4c.png

Dead furrows are not that hard if you know how.  I would get real tired of going to the other end to start the run.  Lot of wasted time and fuel.

9 hours ago, oldscoutdiesel said:

Dead furrows are not that hard if you know how.  I would get real tired of going to the other end to start the run.  Lot of wasted time and fuel.

X2.

I'd lay off a land starting in the middle with the back furrow about even with that lone tree and work out from that going left to right.  That should leave you with the little corner patch at the top left to work out, and only give you one dead furrow.

The IH plow is auto reset, the Ac is probably shear pin trip, if you have many big rocks the auto reset is much better to run. The IH plow looks like it had better care also, it would take awhile to get a polish on the AC. Look at the wear parts, shears, shins, moldboards, land sides. it takes a little money to replace them, and some may be hard to find for the AC. It looks like the best way to plow would be either have 2 head lands and one dead furrow or if you want 2 dead furrows and one head land. I like the little Hereford, we have had them on this farm for about 125 years.

• Thanks 1