Hard to believe but ..... I guess anything is possible

FARMALL FIXER

https://www.keloland.com/keloland-com-original/what-would-a-potential-big-dakota-look-like/

Scrolling through the local KELO news station articles and came across this .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, from H to 80 said:

Why not just split it in half and try to make up for the addition of 2 senators from Washington DC

Don't forget about the TWO additional C-Party senators from Puerto Rico.

How many states have had the overlooked (rural) population areas of their states bring up the idea of separating themselves from the lunacy, and 'progressivism' of the C-Party controlled urban areas, that have NO intent of passing legislation that represents the 'backwards, moral, and FREEDOM loving' areas of these states?

I was fully supportive of the proposed separation of Eastern and Northeastern Colorado from the ultra-liberal, yet small in area Front Range of Colorado that controls everything about that once great state, just as I cannot understand why the governor of Texas continually invites companies from California and New York to "move to Texas", thus sowing the seeds of his own destruction, by turning Texas blue.

Let the stoners of the Front Range survive on their 'legalized marijuana', stoner tourism, illegal invaders, and GAF 'friendly' tourism, which they would need to survive, without the tax money that they steal from agriculture, the mining industry, and the oil and gas industry.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TP from Central PA said:

Hmmmm, they could do that in my state............Philly, $hit-burg, and the dump in and around state college as one state, and the rest as another................Call it Pennsyl-tucky.

Think the rest of Illinois would love to do that to the greater Chicago area. A large part of my state would love to cast of the Detroit/Flint corridor off on their own. Probably the same with upstate New York being drug down by Albany and NYC.

• Like 3

There has been talk for as long as I can remember about the upper peninsula separating from Michigan and becoming it's own state. I don't know for sure if we have the population to pull that off and our main industry is logging and paper and both of those industries are struggling now. Not to mention they would probably want the capitol in Marquette which is a liberal college town so we probably wouldn't gain much.

3 hours ago, yellowrosefarm said:

I'd like to see NOVA go with the new Washington D.C. state. They could have the surrounding Maryland counties too.

If people in DC dont like having no rep then they can move 2 miles and be rep by Maryland.  There is a reason they dont ahve a seat.  It was so they would not run the country.  It worked for a long time till 50 year senators and 40 year "representatives"

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Reichow7120 said:

Think the rest of Illinois would love to do that to the greater Chicago area.

Yup.