Mcv tellight needed

rfh129

4 minutes ago, rfh129 said:

My 706 has never had a mcv tellight. I need one. Anyone know a part number? I cant find the light listed in my diagram. I assume one end goes to the sending unit at mcv, but where would the other come from, get its power?

Thanks

i would just hook up a gauge and go by it. that is what i have done.  step on the clutch and pressure drops off, and releasing the clutch you see it pressure rising as clutch is let out. way more accurate than that light.  but thats me and my idea.  you need to look at a wiring diagram , as it just needs a power source the sending unit completes the circuit. plus that light is a goofy idea, as it does 2 functions.

That is correct. The OIL light in the gauge cluster serves as both the "tel lite" and the oil pressure light. If it's on and you don't have your foot on the clutch, you've got a problem.

I'm not sure what pressure you're looking for but unless it's just lube pressure a typical engine oil gauge won't read high enough. You might need a gauge capable of 300PSI or one capable of 2500PSI depending on what's being measured.

7 minutes ago, rfh129 said:

So your saying it doesn't have a red light by itself? It uses the one in the gauge cluster? 

Rustred, like an oil pressure gauge and get rid of the sending unit?

Thanks 

yes the same oil light is the dump valve light. yes take out sending unit and run a #4 hyd. hose to a say 60lb gauge and mount it nicely