UTV riding in WY, SD, CO or??????

Our camping group of 4 to 6 couples are looking for a place to ride UTV's this summer within a days drive from West Central Iowa. We are all in our mid 60's give or take a few years and mostly have Ranger type UTV's, so we are looking for scenic trails and not real difficult terrain. We are thinking maybe the Black Hills area of South Dakota, or the Cheyenne area of Wyoming, but are open to all suggestions..

We would like to rent lodging (AirBNB or VRBO???) large enough for us all to stay in one unit if possible, but we can split up if need be.

If a place had beginner level river kayaking in the area that would be a plus too.

Anyone know of any areas that would be worth looking in to?

Thanks!

Look up destination Polaris on YouTube. They go around and highlight riding areas all over the country.

We have rode two times in Grand Junction Colorado and Green Valley Utah, big fun there . We also stopped and rode in Breckinridge CO up in the high elevations 👍😎 Some of our friends have gone out to Deadwood SD that is a beautiful place also , I have rode snowmobile out there a few times and you won’t be disappointed.

Danny 

We are headed out to Colorado in the the area between Creede and Lake City with the horses this summer. I know in researching the area for horse riding we found a lot of ATV and UTV's trails. We are going to park the horses one day and rent a jeep to explore some old mining camps along the 60 mile Alpine Loop which is accessible by UTV's. A person can also side track off the loop to Lake City, Ouray, or Silverton. There were several ATV trails in the Big Horns in Wyoming when we were up there riding horses but I'm pretty sure they had width restrictions and most UTV's were too wide. I only remember seeing four wheelers.

The oldest daughter, and her crew go to the Black Hills 4 wheeling in the summer, and snowmobiling in the other 3 seasons....:lol:

I will see them this weekend, and ask some questions.

(sounds like fun)

Mike

Download the Polaris ride command app and look at the trails where you would like to go it has booth utv and snowmobile trails.  And can be used on the fly gps.   

3 hours ago, WishIhada1466 said:

We are headed out to Colorado in the the area between Creede and Lake City with the horses this summer. I know in researching the area for horse riding we found a lot of ATV and UTV's trails. We are going to park the horses one day and rent a jeep to explore some old mining camps along the 60 mile Alpine Loop which is accessible by UTV's. A person can also side track off the loop to Lake City, Ouray, or Silverton. There were several ATV trails in the Big Horns in Wyoming when we were up there riding horses but I'm pretty sure they had width restrictions and most UTV's were too wide. I only remember seeing four wheelers.

We rented a Jeep and road on the old mining roads north of Silverton to Telluride, Ouray, and Lake City.  Very beautiful, but if you only want a day's drive from West Central IA it would be a big day of driving.

National forest in the redlodge Montana area all kinds of trails mild to wild

Karlin Wy. It is an old mining town that was built back in the 20s. Amelia Eirhearts husband was responsible. It lies about 35 miles west of meeteetse wy. And is not a tourist site  but it goes up in the mountains. Edward Porter can tell you more. He lives just west of Meeteese Nd you cN reach him through this webb.

Halsey National Forest at Halsey Nebraska is supposed to have some nice trail? I have not been out there much since I got old enough to drink. 😬I used to know most of the roads fairly well and where a pickup could go and a car cou

l.