Got stuck - can't seem to pull it out.

With everything else that's going on right now, this is either a coincidence, or not a coincidence. Gonna mess things, that's for sure.

EVER GIVEN (49643352087) (cropped).jpg

Ship stuck in Suez Canal: Video shows effort to release ...

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I heard the captain used to be a Swift driver......

Get a big yakum rope and have another container ship built up some speed and she’ll come out....

Won’t know till you try... Could end up like this though...

Posted Images

I been having a really stupid question...............We ran our fat a$$es aground on the river here, people jumped out of the boat, took threw things off, to lighten it, boyancy would increase, boat would rise, move it out to deeper water and off you go.  Couldn't they have unloaded a bunch of the containers by now and tugged it out of there??????  

Just a question from a moron?????

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, TP from Central PA said:

I been having a really stupid question...............We ran our fat a$$es aground on the river here, people jumped out of the boat, took threw things off, to lighten it, boyancy would increase, boat would rise, move it out to deeper water and off you go.  Couldn't they have unloaded a bunch of the containers by now and tugged it out of there??????  

Outstanding question.  That might make too much sense.

• Like 1

That's a shipload of shipping containers, i have read on numerous sites that it hauled 20,000 of them though.  There's no way you could fit that many without tripling the amount of layers by my count.  I come up with closer to 6000, which, again, is a shipload of containers for sure!  But its a far cry from 20k. 

I imagine the cranes they would normally unload with wouldn't apply here, but if it's costing however many bazillion dollars an hour for it to be closed they could figure out a way to use Chinooks to take 'em off.  Bet they could move a lot of 'em in a day.

• Like 3

So that's where they are all at..........................................

1369957983_gunprimers.thumb.jpg.d4ae79a2b64a93118a9a6e363d6cf129.jpg

• Haha 4

Get a big yakum rope and have another container ship built up some speed and she’ll come out....

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

"Get a big yakum rope and have another container ship built up some speed and she’ll come out.... "

Yea, but in one piece?

• Haha 2
5 minutes ago, supermechanic said:

"Get a big yakum rope and have another container ship built up some speed and she’ll come out.... "

Yea, but in one piece?

Nobody specified one piece......😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
1 minute ago, supermechanic said:

Yea, but in one piece?

Won’t know till you try...

Could end up like this though...

B2AC5060-3B47-453B-B14E-D57306C43262.jpeg

• Haha 5
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
11 minutes ago, supermechanic said:

Yea, but in one piece?

How big a rope do you think it would take for that much weight?

• Like 1

It is barely beached on each end the way I understand. Problem here is they don't have any farmers there to git er done! Think they need a land source winch not a pissy tug boat in the drink trying to move it. But that's just me.

• Like 3

Juan Brown has posted two videos on his blanco lirio channel going into the specifics:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iyn2q6s1Sk&ab_channel=blancolirio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLFmojnXtk0&ab_channel=blancolirio

And, on the Chief Makoi channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltdHRdtEHE4&ab_channel=ChiefMAKOi

Trust NOTHING coming from the mainstream MEDIA, who actually believe, and will NOT hesitate to tell you, that their bottom of the barrel 'education' in journalism has made them "EXPERTS ON EVERYTHING".

The ONLY things they are 'experts on' would be creative writing as applied to sensationalism, liberalism, and drug use.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
53 minutes ago, TP from Central PA said:

From my very brief research it sounds like that is what they are going to do.  However, it isn't as easy as just tossing a few containers over the side.  They have to wait for a special crane to come from overseas, probably a barge type crane.  There has also been mention of using helicopters.  And the containers have to be unloaded in specific way because if you take too much weight off one side, the boat will capsize.  Youtube videos show that.  And on top of all that, there is worry about stressing the hull and posslbyt cracking it since both ends are on the banks but the middle is unsupported in the water.  Not trying to be a smartass but I'm sure the guys trying to free it have some sort of a clue of what they are doing.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, Art From Coleman said:

Trust NOTHING coming from the mainstream MEDIA, who actually believe, and will NOT hesitate to tell you, that their bottom of the barrel 'education' in journalism has made them "EXPERTS ON EVERYTHING".

Oh, I don't know Art, gotta get up pretty early 😁 😆

cnn.thumb.png.824ecc7e07789ebdf762fb9f052ea25d.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

The last thing the shipper wants, is for snooping noses to be looking at manifest’s, and opening containers to see what, or who is inside. 
Supposedly, the crew and captain abandoned ship shortly after the hard right turn. (cannot confirm)

This is not an accident.

• Confused 1
8 minutes ago, Art From Coleman said:

I only watched the first vid but it perfectly explains almost everything including why its taking so long to free it.  If everybody watches this, there shouldn't be anymore questions.  

There are two types of sailors.

Those who have run aground.

And liars.

Running aground is not unusual. They just chose a terrible place to do it!

Me Running my sailboat aground in the Florida keys at low tide was just an excuse for more rum until high tide!

Thx-Ace 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The sad thing is this will be the excuse for the price of EVERYTHING going up, and I have a hunch it won't come back down either.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Lars (midessa) said:

25 minutes ago, sandhiller said:

Oh, I don't know Art, gotta get up pretty early 😁 😆

cnn.thumb.png.824ecc7e07789ebdf762fb9f052ea25d.png

Whether or not the above had been photo shopped, this IS exactly the type of 'reporting' that is to be expected from CNN, remembering the FACT that it was CNN who declared that Malaysian Flight #370 had been "swallowed by a black hole", and who declared that the Army used poisonous gas on the Viet Cong during "Operation Tailwind".  But what would be expected from the same MEDIA who supported, and were members of the anti-war activists of the 1960's and '70's, calling them "baby killers", and spitting on them as they returned, and which continues to this day, with their support of the ANTIFA and BLM rioters.

https://observer.com/1999/08/cnn-still-suffering-from-legal-fallout-over-tailwind/

(Just two of the many, many, LIES promulgated by CNN, the most 'trusted' name in 'news')  As I have repeatedly said, a career in 'journalism' IS the last refuge for those too stupid to do anything useful in life.

7 minutes ago, Art From Coleman said:

As I have repeatedly said, a career in 'journalism' IS the last refuge for those too stupid to do anything useful in life.

I don’t know Art, there may be room in politics for some of the same people?  

• Like 2
56 minutes ago, Big Bud guy said:

Not trying to be a smartass but I'm sure the guys trying to free it have some sort of a clue of what they are doing.  

Not trying to be a smarta$$, but educated people were in charge of the covid response...............That worked and is working out real well.  

• Haha 3