Aluminum radiators on eBay

6 minutes ago, Grassfarmer 75 said:

Has anyone tried these lower priced aluminum radiators on eBay? We need a new radiator for our b414 and was wondering if these were worth trying. 

I have three tractors (newer) that have the aluminum radiators now I guess time will tell 

On 3/26/2021 at 8:28 PM, ksfarmdude said:

I have three tractors (newer) that have the aluminum radiators now I guess time will tell 

The price is definitely what I’m leaning towards. They claim to have a one year warranty. We’re planning on baling hay with this tractor this summer and would hate to have the radiator fail. 

Idk. But most radiators are aluminum in new equipment.     The old ones are better, but that’s why they changed.   lol 😡.      And the price of material 

I bought one for my 01 dodge a couple years ago because it looked better then an oem one with the plastic sides. It looked really good and worked nice for the last few years, but a couple months ago it started leaking between where the tanks and core is connected. It’s leaking really bad now and I will have to change it again. I think they are cheap for a reason. I bought one for my 656 a year ago and haven’t put it in yet and probably won’t now. 

Haven't tried the aluminum tractor radiators yet but the aftermarket radiators that I seen are mostly junk. I  put one in a 450 and took a long time to get it to work. Had to use thinner pads under it to keep the steering shaft from rubbing, holes for shroud and grill didn't line up. 

12 hours ago, Grassfarmer 75 said:

Has anyone tried these lower priced aluminum radiators on eBay? We need a new radiator for our b414 and was wondering if these were worth trying. 

Not sure I'd buy one off Ebay thou 

I have a fairly expensive large size made in China radiator in our 454 powered K2500, installed about 5 years ago. Took some fitting to make it work but connections for engine oil cooler and tranny oil cooler were correct (the kit came with fittings to adapt the GM fittings to normal pipe fittings)  and it cools the big 454 in the hottest Texas weather.  Only issue I have had is the lower hose tends to slip off unless I use 2 clamps on it.  All the welds were tig and very impressive! Believe it was marketed by CNN (?) Global sold as radiatorsdirect.com on ebay.  Locally shipped from DFW . If they made one to fit my tractor, they would be high on the list of providers.

I have 4 vehicles using Champion brand radiators with zero issues.  Fit has been good, welds have been good.  These are usually in the $250-300 range on ebay....not sure if they are making tractor rads, but if they were I would trust them.

ALuminum radiators don't last at ALL where there is "salt spray".   Car lives by the ocean, forget it!  IDK is thinks like 28% nitrogen spray would also corrode them or not??

The memory of money saved on a 'good deal' is much more fleeting than the angst derived from the necessity of replacing a part that fails too soon.

They are cheap for a reason. 

Radiator failed due to  the weak welds where the tanks join the tube sheet. 

All aluminum unit lasted only 5 years. Company that sold the radiator disappeared, no recourse for faulty product.

I went from all aluminum, welded radiator back to the stock type with plastic tanks. So far, no problems.

Your experience may vary.

There are  no salts on the roads in this area.  The all aluminum radiator was installed in 2018, so is still new by my standards, and looks fine.  I prefer soldered cooper and brass radiators and especially not the crimped on plastic tanks.  I have, what I consider to be a great radiator in a 2001 GILLIG Transit Bus.  That sucker has  bolt on tanks and a cooper core and fins.  Just like  the commercial vehicles of yesteryear, Cheap it ain't, with a 25 GALLON capacity and a copper expansion tank that holds 4 gallons.  I would like to point out that there is NOTHING cheap about a transit bus!! when it has to be repaired.