Westendorf Loader Question

Ih78

Going to look at a westendorf WL42 loader. I have not been able to find any information on mounting brackets for a westendorf WL42 loader. The seller is saying that westendorf uses a universal mouting bracket that works on all makes of tractors. This has not been my experience with other brands of loaders can someone confirm if the westendorf used a universal mounting bracket.

I am a Westendorf dealer and I can assure you that they offer many different mounting kits for the different tractors. Depending what tractor the mounts were on, and what tractor you switching it to, it is sometimes possible to make them work without too much trouble. But in some cases the mounts can be a lot different.

Knowing what model tractor the mounts were on and what tractor you want to put them on would help. 

I am in western Iowa about 75 miles from where they are made and there are a lot of WL42's around here and sometimes you can find the mounts you need used.

Be aware that not all WL42's are the same.....they offer a WL42A which has a special tower for some applications. These are not very common, but I want you to be aware of it. I don't think I ever sold a WL42 for an application that needed the special tower.

• Like 1

The only bracket that is for sure universal is the rear cross tube that the two loader pockets slide into. The front pockets have multiple holes so they may work on more than one application but not all. But the rear brackets that hold the tube are not universal(say between Deere and IHC) I have WL-42 brackets on a 706, 4020 and 2-135 White and they will not interchange.

1 hour ago, pirlbeck said:

I am a Westendorf dealer and I can assure you that they offer many different mounting kits for the different tractors.

It'd be nice if Westendorf listed mounting kits online.