9330 tach

Harvester66

Just bought tractor earlier this year, took her out on madden voyage tach was working fine then all of a sudden it was reading down around 1100 to 1400. So had to finish working by speed side of dash. I was wondering where the pick up is located, wanting to check that first I know on magnums it’s by hydraulic pump, but haven’t found it on this tractor.

6 hours ago, Harvester66 said:

Just bought tractor earlier this year, took her out on madden voyage tach was working fine then all of a sudden it was reading down around 1100 to 1400. So had to finish working by speed side of dash. I was wondering where the pick up is located, wanting to check that first I know on magnums it’s by hydraulic pump, but haven’t found it on this tractor.

The "R"terminal on the alternator is the source for the tachometer, signal goes through transmission controller then to the instrument cluster on powershift or straight from altarenator to instrument cluster on synchro shift.

• Like 1

Our 9330 Digital Tach was reading in correctly last fall,

I found a Rusted small bolt pointing out of the back of the Alternator with a Frail looking wire attached to it, 

I wanted to clean the connection of the Alternator and the wire,  As I turned the Nut on the connection to the Left,  The small Bolt Twisted off inside the Alternator.  6800 hours on our Indestructible, Very Dependable 9330.

Our Complete Engine Wiring Harness Has Had wires breaking & Cracking this past year.

We replaced the Alternator, Starter, Most of the Wiring Harness.

Running in the Fields Yesterday,  Every thing works like Tractor was New Again!!

Jim Droscha