Looking For Grandpa's 856

IHRedRyan

My grandpa turning 90 this summer and trying to track down his last tractor.

International 856 with Yellow EasyOn Loader , Extra Headlights mounted on side of hood (like they were on early clamshell fender 806s), Grey Toolbox mounted low below loader bracket on TA side of tractor. 

Tractor was sold to Bryan's Farm Equipment is Puslinch, Ontario in Summer of 2001 - they don't have any paperwork or records. 

Unfortunately don't have any paper work of our own - so no serial number.

Could have gone anywhere in 20 years - any information greatly appreciated ... it's a long shot. 

IMG_6513.JPG

IMG_6516.PNG

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gearclash said:

Looks like it was diesel? Do you know if it was an 856 Custom or not?

Looks like 38” rims also? 16.9s probably?

It was a diesel - my understanding is that a Custom only had one set of hydraulic remotes? if that is correct then it wasn't a custom - he remembers it having two remotes for sure. 

Customs would have had one remote from the factory—but in 50 years—who knows—things get changed. If it had 2 remote levers that rules mine out as it only has one lever and I doubt anyone would take a remote off. 

9 minutes ago, IHRedRyan said:

It was a diesel - my understanding is that a Custom only had one set of hydraulic remotes? if that is correct then it wasn't a custom - he remembers it having two remotes for sure. 

Wishing you luck. I have been trying to track down 33919 for about 10 years and with no luck and know the area where it is. It was a farmall and came with only 1 valve but had dealer add another valve.

2 minutes ago, Gearclash said:

For what it is worth my 856 is a Custom and SN 24645.  

Pretty confident it had both remote levers - thanks though ,  no loader or anything obviously ?

38 minutes ago, IHRedRyan said:

Pretty confident it had both remote levers - thanks though ,  no loader or anything obviously ?

I think mine had a loader at one time, before I bought it.  It has one hydraulic lever but someone crudely added a joystick that runs off that remote.  Also has a Year Around Cab that Fred Flintstone himself cobbled on.

Edit to add. I would recommend scouring through the auction results of AuctionTime, BigIron and whatever other online auction you can find. There is a chance it got sold and is listed somewhere. 

Did the custom have one headlight per fender, and the others have two?