High security in mnpls.

26 minutes ago, VacDaddyt said:

I work just south of there below 94 and east of 35 at another hospital. Basically we have gone to ground , being prepared and very cautious. Very different in the corridors with all the security. the first few days it was unnerving traveling the building as you were carefully watched by outside security. After a few days they relaxed with us regulars. Hope your visit went well Dale.

What hospital do you work at? If you can say. We have driven by many of them. All of our appts are at university of Minnesota children’s this time. We like staying here at the Normandy it is just north of 94 and 35 ends just as you drive in. You have to go over a few blocks to head north or whatever way it is to Roseville and those suburbs

Abbott Northwestern, our grounds is from 26th street south to just below 28th and from 10th ave. west until Chicago + a few buildings outside of that.

21 hours ago, jworley said:

It’s all up to the jury now, however even though I think what Chauvin did was wrong, from what I understand the knee on the neck thing was approved policy for the police department. It’s a hold designed to render an uncooperative suspect unconscious, which is what it did.

He never should have been charged. Either way this comes out isn’t going to be good. 
Who in their right mind would want to be a police officer in any big city now?

Take the village idiot, hop him/her up on serious drugs and try to ask them to comply?

Some can keep going after a taser or pepper spray.

These people are headed down the slippery slope to death and then a sober and sane police officer tries to handle them.

Good luck with that.

I seen enough cops at the scene.

The only question I had is, why did they not pick him up, throw him into the back of the patrol car and head for the hospital or jail.

That way he is not laying there, drawing a crowd, and possibly dying, like what happened. 

If that was policy to hold him until the ambulance got there, then the administration is at fault.

You cannot set policy as there are so many variables in a situation like that.

From everything I hear, I would not work for the Minneapolis PD.

I feel Floyd died of an acute overdose of something stronger than him.

I want to hear what the toxicology report was on Floyd?

• Like 1

want to hear what the toxicology report was on Floyd?

HENNEPIN COUNTY MEDICAL EXAMINER’S OFFICE AUTOPSY REPORT ME NO.: 20-3700 CASE TITLE: CARDIOPULMONARY ARREST COMPLICATING LAW ENFORCEMENT SUBDUAL, RESTRAINT, AND NECK COMPRESSION DECEASED: George Floyd aka Floyd Perry SEX: M AGE: 46 DATE AND HOUR OF DEATH: 5-25-20; 9:25 p.m. DATE AND HOUR OF AUTOPSY: 5-26-20; 9:25 a.m. PATHOLOGIST: Andrew M. Baker, M.D. FINAL DIAGNOSES: 46-year-old man who became unresponsive while being restrained by law enforcement officers; he received emergency medical care in the field and subsequently in the Hennepin HealthCare (HHC) Emergency Department, but could not be resuscitated. I. Blunt force injuries A. Cutaneous blunt force injuries of the forehead, face, and upper lip B. Mucosal injuries of the lips C. Cutaneous blunt force injuries of the shoulders, hands, elbows, and legs D. Patterned contusions (in some areas abraded) of the wrists, consistent with restraints (handcuffs) II. Natural diseases A. Arteriosclerotic heart disease, multifocal, severe B. Hypertensive heart disease 1. Cardiomegaly (540 g) with mild biventricular dilatation 2. Clinical history of hypertension C. Left pelvic tumor (incidental, see microscopic description)

George Floyd 20-3700 Page 2 III. No life-threatening injuries identified A. No facial, oral mucosal, or conjunctival petechiae B. No injuries of anterior muscles of neck or laryngeal structures C. No scalp soft tissue, skull, or brain injuries D. No chest wall soft tissue injuries, rib fractures (other than a single rib fracture from CPR), vertebral column injuries, or visceral injuries E. Incision and subcutaneous dissection of posterior and lateral neck, shoulders, back, flanks, and buttocks negative for occult trauma IV. Viral testing (Minnesota Department of Health, postmortem nasal swab collected 5/26/2020): positive for 2019-nCoV RNA by PCR (see ‘Comments,’ below) V. Hemoglobin S quantitation (postmortem femoral blood, HHC Laboratory): 38% (see ‘Comments,’ below) VI. Toxicology (see attached report for full details; testing performed on antemortem blood specimens collected 5/25/20 at 9:00 p.m. at HHC and on postmortem urine) A. Blood drug and novel psychoactive substances screens: 1. Fentanyl 11 ng/mL 2. Norfentanyl 5.6 ng/mL 3. 4-ANPP 0.65 ng/mL 4. Methamphetamine 19 ng/mL 5. 11-Hydroxy Delta-9 THC 1.2 ng/mL; Delta-9 Carboxy THC 42 ng/mL; Delta-9 THC 2.9 ng/mL 6. Cotinine positive 7. Caffeine positive B. Blood volatiles: negative for ethanol, methanol, isopropanol, or acetone C. Urine drug screen: presumptive positive for cannabinoids, amphetamines, and fentanyl/metabolite D. Urine drug screen confirmation: morphine (free) 86 ng/mL

George Floyd 20-3700 Page 3 Comments: The finding of sickled-appearing cells in many of the autopsy tissue sections prompted the Hemoglobin S quantitation reported above. This quantitative result is indicative of sickle cell trait. Red blood cells in individuals with sickle cell trait are known to sickle as a postmortem artifact. The decedent’s antemortem peripheral blood smear (made from a complete blood count collected 5/25/20 at 9:00 p.m.) was reviewed by an expert HHC hematopathologist at the Medical Examiner’s request. This review found no evidence of antemortem sickling. The decedent was known to be positive for 2019-nCoV RNA on 4/3/2020. Since PCR positivity for 2019-nCoV RNA can persist for weeks after the onset and resolution of clinical disease, the autopsy result most likely reflects asymptomatic but persistent PCR positivity from previous infection. 6/1/2020 X Andrew M. Baker, M.D. Chief Medical Examiner Signed by: Andrew M. Baker MD In accordance with HCME policy, this report was reviewed by another board-certified forensic pathologist prior to release.

• Thanks 1

The bad part is the city settling with the family. That is nothing more than a ploy saying "look we paid because Chauvin killed him. They are not concerned about giving anyone a fair trial. They want to be able to say to the masses "see, justice was served, go home". Don't matter is Chauvin is guilty or not. I bet if the find him guilty his legal team will file an appeal within minutes. And with as much stuff has gone down he will at least get a new trial.

1 hour ago, Cattech said:

The only person in the us who didn't die of covid in 2020.

According to this part of the autopsy it seems that he was positive for COVID post-mortem, probably due to an earlier infection.

“The decedent was known to be positive for 2019-nCoV RNA on 4/3/2020. Since PCR positivity for 2019-nCoV RNA can persist for weeks after the onset and resolution of clinical disease, the autopsy result most likely reflects asymptomatic but persistent PCR positivity from previous infection.”

• Like 1

i hope all of your tests are good there, i didnt realize you all were making frequent trips, sorry i dont know details but the lord does and he knows what I am praying for - be strong and be safe!!!

• Like 1
3 hours ago, searcyfarms said:

i hope all of your tests are good there, i didnt realize you all were making frequent trips, sorry i dont know details but the lord does and he knows what I am praying for - be strong and be safe!!!

We haven’t been down for 2 years now. With covid hitting last year just when we were scheduled to go. My wife and youngest are going back down in a couple months for more testing , consults. Getting youngest setup for islet cell transplant surgery.

10 hours ago, Dave Downs said:

According to this part of the autopsy it seems that he was positive for COVID post-mortem, probably due to an earlier infection.

“The decedent was known to be positive for 2019-nCoV RNA on 4/3/2020. Since PCR positivity for 2019-nCoV RNA can persist for weeks after the onset and resolution of clinical disease, the autopsy result most likely reflects asymptomatic but persistent PCR positivity from previous infection.”

Just a little sarcasm... documented instances all over the country of car & motorcycle accident, cardiac arrest, homicide, etc deaths all counted as covid fatalities. Floyd tests positive, but no one claims covid contributed to his demise.

5 hours ago, Cattech said:

Just a little sarcasm... documented instances all over the country of car & motorcycle accident, cardiac arrest, homicide, etc deaths all counted as covid fatalities. Floyd tests positive, but no one claims covid contributed to his demise.

Depends on which narrative they need to push at the time.

• Like 2

Thanks Cattech for the toxicology report. It stated he had a lot of drugs in him.

Can someone here list them all, what a fatal amount would be and what Floyd had in his body?

So a bunch of old dirt farmers can understand?

Was he going to die if the cops never touched him?

10 hours ago, dale560 said:

We haven’t been down for 2 years now. With covid hitting last year just when we were scheduled to go. My wife and youngest are going back down in a couple months for more testing , consults. Getting youngest setup for islet cell transplant surgery.

sounds like things are managable/stable to some degree - i hope the transplant surgery proves positive results, i had a friend/neighbor who had early childhood onset diabetes and struggled through it with him in his teens until I left home for college - he wasnt the best at taking care of himself - it took its toll on him but he far surpassed his expected life span with treatment at the time back in the last 70s early 80s.

58 minutes ago, Diesel Doctor said:

Was he going to die if the cops never touched him

That is something I have read several times, yes. Tho I am no expert and would have no clue.

2 hours ago, Diesel Doctor said:

Was he going to die if the cops never touched him?

I am certainly not a doctor or toxicologist, but from what I have read... no probably not.

However, the levels he was at could kill the average person. George was a habitual user with a built up tolerance, he could function with massive amounts of these drugs in his system.

As I understand it, the problem arose when he tried to physically resist arrest, blood and adrenaline got flowing and he metabolized the drugs at a much faster rate. Due to a lifetime of bad habits, the underlying health problems he had couldn't take it.

The lethal dose of fentanyl is generally stated to be 2 milligrams. This lethal dose considers that the individual has not developed significant tolerance; however, even in individuals with significant tolerance, the lethal dose of fentanyl is extremely small compared to the potential lethal doses of many other opiate drugs.

Fentanyl Overdose Symptoms

The signs and symptoms that occur in individuals who have overdosed on fentanyl can consist of:

• Extreme drowsiness, lethargy, lightheadedness, or dizziness
  • Marked difficulty with balance, difficulty with walking, and decreased motor coordination
  • Complaints of nausea and vomiting
  • Significant mental status changes that often include slurred speech, decreased speed of thought (that can be observed by extremely slow rates of speech), confusion, irrational actions, and/or aggressiveness
  • Pinpoint eye pupils and/or bluish or purplish lips, hands, feet, fingernails, and/or toenails
  • Noticeably slowed or shallow breathing (In some cases, people may stop breathing or produce gurgling noises.)
  • A marked reduction in blood pressure and heart rate
  • Becoming unconscious or comatose

The lethal effects that occur as a result of fentanyl overdose are most often due to significant respiratory suppression or the complete halting of breathing as a result of the central nervous system depressant effects of the drug.