Aftermarket Truck Beds

Cdfarabaugh

22 hours ago, Cdfarabaugh said:

My 07 3/4 ton Chevy truck bed has pretty much reached the point of getting fixed or replacing it.  Was considering dumping this truck but holy crap, new  and used truck prices are just crazy.  Even if I got my body guy to do a patch job to make it look decent, I just cant pencil out a replacement.  So have 3 options

1) get another bed, but finding a decent one the same color is hard, and I'll bet it will be about a grand to paint it

2) fix this bed, which will involve painting and a lot of dabbing

3) buy an aftermarket bed.  Dont want a straight flatbed, want something with sides and a gate.  Curious to hear experiences and prices on these beds.  

The truck  has another 4-5 years of life left in it hopefully at only 89,000 miles.  Dont run it a lot but gotta have it.  

This is a few I have built custom, Might give you some ideas check with LKQ they stock a lot of pick up bodys

custom body 4 cutout.jpg

custom truck body 3.JPG

custom truck body2.JPG

DSCN0490.JPG

DSCN0491.JPG

Most of the beds I see in the pull-your-part in the the Dallas area will have very rust free beds unless they are really old.  The closest one to me is 35 miles away (in Grande Prairie) so I have to have a reason to make the trip.  They have a website and would have a list of vehicles by make and year but they turn over so fast that over a week old is probably gone.  I got a KOENIG  cross  bed storage box from them is perfect shape except some surface rust for $65. for our old F350.

Just curious, why do you think the truck only has 4 or 5 years left? Assuming you bought it in 07, you said you put 89,000 miles on it so you average about 6357 miles a year for the last 14 years. It's pretty easy to get over 200,000 out of those trucks so if you put the extra 111,000 miles on it and dumped it the day you rolled it over 200,000 that wouldn't happen for another 17.5 years. Even if you run it for ten years at the rate that you put miles on it you will be just over 150,000. Depending on what you do with the truck it still should be reliable at that point for you.

2 minutes ago, TractormanMike.mb said:

Just curious, why do you think the truck only has 4 or 5 years left? Assuming you bought it in 07, you said you put 89,000 miles on it so you average about 6357 miles a year for the last 14 years. It's pretty easy to get over 200,000 out of those trucks so if you put the extra 111,000 miles on it and dumped it the day you rolled it over 200,000 that wouldn't happen for another 17.5 years. Even if you run it for ten years at the rate that you put miles on it you will be just over 150,000. Depending on what you do with the truck it still should be reliable at that point for you.

Shhhhhhhhhh, he won't sell it to me at a good price then because its not shot.  I still run a '72...........Rust takes a toll, but I got almost 20 years out of it now, I do it one more time and get 20 years I will be 60..............At that point I will probably need a electric doomsday truck from the Big Musky anyhow by the Communist states of America so it won't matter.  

Yoder & Frey, Archbold Ohio, usually 8 or 10 on the lot, mostly white, new with tailgate and lights, 8 foot mostly, 08 GM, hail damage that is difficult to find. I bought one for my 08 silverado 3 or 4 years ago, choice was $900 then pd 400 to get it painted

9 hours ago, TractormanMike.mb said:

Cant win the rust war man.  Cab has been repaired already, and when you do that the clock starts ticking again at a faster rate.  I keep up with it better than most, but salt wins every. single. time.   Not saying it will be complete junk by then, but it will not be in great shape.  

No doubt mechanically that truck would run a very long time, I've pretty much put nothing into it as long as I've had it since new.  

Archived