Wish I would have done this sooner.

Like right out of the gate!Bought this MS362 a little over a year ago to take care of the trees the 18" bar on my 250 wasn't big enough for. Got the 25" standard bar. Love the saw, but it got heavy if I did any limbing with it. Long story short; th3e 'light' bar is,(I think) 19 ounces lighter than the standard one. Actually took the picture a couple of weeks ago, thought I should test it out before reporting. Test complete, I LIKE IT! It makes the 362 almost as easy to handle as the 250.

IMG_0904.JPG

• Like 11

Nice saws. I just picked up a 291 and it is the saw I've been looking for. Enough power to muscle through white oak with a 20" bar and light enough to be easy on my back. Its a nice balance between my 260 pro and my 461.  I traded in my 034 magnum for the 461. 

I have a 362.  I'm only an occasional user but it has cut a lot of big ash up that were taken by the emerald ash borer.  I have a homeowner level Stihl (forget the number) that I use for smaller stuff etc.  Didn't know there was a light weight bar.

3 hours ago, hobbyfarm said:

I have a 362.  I'm only an occasional user but it has cut a lot of big ash up that were taken by the emerald ash borer.  I have a homeowner level Stihl (forget the number) that I use for smaller stuff etc.  Didn't know there was a light weight bar.

Light weight bars really start above 20”.  I think you can get them at 20 but most people don’t bother until 24 inch and bigger since there is less difference in weight for the short bars and they are more expensive.

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Missouri Mule said:

Nice saws. I just picked up a 291 and it is the saw I've been looking for. Enough power to muscle through white oak with a 20" bar and light enough to be easy on my back. Its a nice balance between my 260 pro and my 461.  I traded in my 034 magnum for the 461. 

461 is a heck of a saw. That's our big saw. 28 inch bar. 

Saws on this place keep multiplying. A number of years ago we only had 2. Then 3 and so on and so forth. Got into rebuilding them. Did 2 saws this past summer that were given to me for free. Now we have 6 saws of various sizes.

• Haha 1

When I bought this saw I really wanted a 462. Pondered on this for quite a while. It was a jump of $400! Salesman was working hard to sell me a 661. Now there is the fuel injected 500. The 362 works great, pretty sure I'll just stay with that. Getting the trees on the farm under control, the big ones that still need to come down should probably be felled by a pro.

I think Lorenzo mentioned it awhile back, the MS261 looks pretty appealing. If the 250 keeps acting up, (oiler seems to have quit) that's what will replace it.

This thing turned out to be a timely purchase as after August 10th saws became unobtainum in these parts. It really helped out after the storm, would hate to have had to do all that with just the 250!

53 minutes ago, DT Fan said:

When I bought this saw I really wanted a 462. Pondered on this for quite a while. It was a jump of $400! Salesman was working hard to sell me a 661. Now there is the fuel injected 500. The 362 works great, pretty sure I'll just stay with that. Getting the trees on the farm under control, the big ones that still need to come down should probably be felled by a pro.

I think Lorenzo mentioned it awhile back, the MS261 looks pretty appealing. If the 250 keeps acting up, (oiler seems to have quit) that's what will replace it.

This thing turned out to be a timely purchase as after August 10th saws became unobtainum in these parts. It really helped out after the storm, would hate to have had to do all that with just the 250!

Oilers aren't to hard to work on. If its like the ones ive worked on. Take your chain sprocket/clutch drum off. Take the clutch off ( left handed threads. Take a couple of other pieces off and you're to the oiler pump. 

• Thanks 1
14 hours ago, Reichow7120 said:

Saws on this place keep multiplying. A number of years ago we only had 2. Then 3 and so on and so forth. Got into rebuilding them. Did 2 saws this past summer that were given to me for free. Now we have 6 saws of various sizes.

Sounds like me with push mowers. Technically I have 6 but 5 run. In this picture one of mine isn’t in the lineup and one is my grandpas that I did servicing on. 
4C6B7D37-CC75-48EC-A16F-A0CA4424FAE5.thumb.jpeg.408ad74d23c7194bfcd34ebc89a3e372.jpeg

We also use a Stihl saw and it is a nice one. For mowing yards I have a Stihl trimmer and blower. The trimmer is great and replaced a Toro and the blower replaced a Ryobi. The blower I started up about a week ago it was first start from winter and started right up. Very pleased with their products. 

You should be very happy, those lightweight bars are the cats whiskers. I am going to put one on the 042 when I get it refurbished.  A long bar makes up for any additional weight by its ease of use IMO, you can stand upright more often like a human being rather than wrestle near the ground. My FIL has an 18” bar on his little 550xp and it looks unpleasant. I always say he looks like he’s having a seizure when he’s using a chainsaw anyway, stats a cut then starts flailing the saw back and forth, i tried to tell him if he squeezed that trigger thing the saw would do the cutting for him... but you can’t tell him anything. 

• Haha 1

vt, you are spot on about being able to stand more with the longer bar. Dropped another of the 'problem' trees yesterday. The derachio (SP) topped it out pretty good last August. On the burn pile now!

IMG_0911.JPG

Glad to see you used a real saw for the big jobs😉

90E05D7F-DF18-477C-BDAF-9686354DBD97.jpeg

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, vtfireman85 said:

Glad to see you used a real saw for the big jobs😉

90E05D7F-DF18-477C-BDAF-9686354DBD97.jpeg

A skilled lumberjack could have felled that tree with that Husky. I'm not that guy! Has a 16" bar. 'Wall' thickness was only about 6". Got the big saw pinched, that is why the 345 is sitting there, wound up not needing it, was able to wedge the tree down. I was trimming stumps with it while the uncle was hauling the pieces to the brush-pile.

We got a few 362's at work. They all have been excellent saws. I don't think any of the 362C's have had any problems at all,unlike the 261C's we have. Alot of the time for us the 362 is too big for what we need to do, which is why the 261 seems to be the saw of choice . Big trees like pictured there, the 362's shine! Lol

• Thanks 1