Pacific Northwest Work Boots

From months of winter shut-in, for some reason I got into boots.  I came to find that Spokane is home to 4 different custom boot makers.  They are all known for making a similar style boot.  Custom fit logger and wildland firefighter boots - tall heels for arch support and thick leather.

If you google Spokane work boots I am sure you will find one of them - I am not here to peddle anyone’s product.

I bit the bullet and bought a pair (they are $500USD).  I must say I am impressed.  I sent in measurements and tracings of my feet, and these things are glove-fit.  

Is anyone else running these type of boots?  

1D3F7C3D-1AAD-4265-912B-C0F3836CEF9E.jpeg

Interesting I didn't know that.  On the wet side of State a pair would come in handy. I would need mud slingers.

I have had two pair of Whites boots (made in Spokane) not inexpensive but very well made custom fit boots. 

• Like 1

Good to know. I don’t wear loggers, do they have other types?

My oldest son gets custom work boots/shoes as you describe . I think out from a west coast boot maker. Last pair didn't fit right , sent them back & got correct fitting pair back . I think $5-700 a pair....

I have worn RedWing logger or something similar my whole life . 
 Used to be a place in Lincoln that had a monopoly on red wing so I always went there . Then I found out about an internet sight called Workboots.com 

They have thousands of choices . 

now I get  these for a third of the cost . They last just as long as RedWing. 

I will never get ripped off by a local store ever again . FE73448F-6DBE-49C4-8CE4-CDCDAC6E3E5E.thumb.jpeg.21dca49c143271e05fb2f5a64615428f.jpeg

The black ones I wear in the summer, brown ones are insulated for winter . I keep a couple pairs of each in stock . 
EAC80B2D-A8FC-435E-864E-9EB0824E0ECF.thumb.jpeg.db822856b4512926a95056c2624a5583.jpeg

0A2E298C-5403-45BF-8075-D198FC13E78A.thumb.jpeg.ef0673ac71434f619b7813e2d73e2fab.jpeg

702CB6E0-9431-4DD9-9CB2-AF749B84EFEE.thumb.jpeg.6f41f0b7df490e441ca6c4d12ae96ad1.jpegFD65A941-3E9B-4907-BC8D-45F7C06BE463.thumb.jpeg.af60569ae18d5fa23861389d39de2fd7.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I use the base model whites. Worth every penny last me 3x as long as redwings...ive got a pair to send off to rebuild...

• Like 1

White's Packers. Very comfortable with good support whether riding or walking. And they can be rebuilt. 

Wolverine slip on steel toe, usually get a year out of them before I burn the top or soles up.

9 hours ago, Rainman said:

My oldest son gets custom work boots/shoes as you describe . I think out from a west coast boot maker. Last pair didn't fit right , sent them back & got correct fitting pair back . I think $5-700 a pair....

West Coast Shoe 

Scappoose, OR

Nick's Boots 

Spokane Valley, WA

23 hours ago, vtfireman85 said:

Good to know. I don’t wear loggers, do they have other types?

The four companies I have seen are White’s, Nick’s, Frank’s and JK boots. I think the size of the companies are in that order (large to small).  Whites are the original company (for like 100yrs) and the others are spin-off’s.  I think all four make super high quality and are pretty comparable boots.  JK and Frank’s are smaller companies, so you talk with the owners (or their sons) when you call.  

They all seem to make different versions and all have a low heel model too.  You can also get iron worker (heel-less) sole options.  

I was a bit nervous about buying a logger heel - but it really does help posture as well.  It brings your hip forward a bit and your shoulders back and seems to take strain off your lower back - if that makes sense.

• Like 1