You guys with TD-14s---what brand & p/n spark plugs are you running?  I have Champion W89D plugs in mine & want to try something else.

Vic

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/18/2021 at 5:10 PM, thebunns said:

You guys with TD-14s---what brand & p/n spark plugs are you running?  I have Champion W89D plugs in mine & want to try something else.

Vic

it has to be the long reach plugs in these gas start diesel engines. if u put in standard reach it will be very hard to start. i did that as an experiment on one of my tractors. also there is nothing wrong with those w89d plugs and 1 set of plugs should last the life of the machine.  if you find the equivalent then try them if you want..  

5 hours ago, rustred said:

it has to be the long reach plugs in these gas start diesel engines. if u put in standard reach it will be very hard to start. i did that as an experiment on one of my tractors. also there is nothing wrong with those w89d plugs and 1 set of plugs should last the life of the machine.  if you find the equivalent then try them if you want..  

I've had W89D plugs in both of my tractors for 15-20 years with no problems.  Lately I've been having trouble with both machines.  I've fixed one of them by cannonballing the magneto from the other one.  Now I'm working on a cylinder problem on the one that's still broke but am leaning away from the spark plugs.

Vic

most times on these gas starts they just need the points cleaned and gap checked once in a while. i have not had any plug problems. good luck.