Where are our members from?

11 minutes ago, J-Mech said:

Oh... you're younger, lol.  Just missed each other.  What did you major in at WVJC? 

Associates in Science. Took a semester of Ag classes and figured out I could go to SIU with more transfer credits if I went with more general coursework. Bachelors in Ag Systems Technologies with a couple minors for good measure. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

20 miles east of Binghamton, NY and I81. The Susquehanna river and I88 are the north and south borders of the farm. Interesting topic. I did a member map in 2004 while I was laid up from surgery

Used to be in PA.................But I may have moved to the Soviet Union and never relocated?????

That has got to be the dumbest post I’ve ever made; ‘East of the Delaware River’ would put me in NEW JERSEY......  

Posted Images

3 hours ago, IKS said:

I am from 2 miles south of Climax, in the center of this map, 12 miles from Montana. 

Screenshot_20210320_091801_com.android.chrome.jpg

Also surveyed to have the happiest female population in the US

Sidenote most have visited Dildo NL

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, Wes806 said:

Bellefontaine, OH here. 50 Miles west of Columbus, OH on US 33

I believe my junior high Ohio history lessons stated that Bellefontaine is considered the highest point above sea level in Ohio?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, J-Mech said:

Maybe, lol.  I have been told I have a very southern draw for as far north as I lived.  I think I picked it up from my best friend growing up.  His mom and family were from Tennessee, and I spent a lot of time with them. 

Hey Decatur is southern Illinois to me....lol

7 minutes ago, jass1660 said:

Hey Decatur is southern Illinois to me....lol

Lmfao.  No, no no.  That's not southern.  Have to be south of I-70 to be southern Illinois.  Between I-72/74 and 70 is central.  Above 72/74 is northern.  Below 70 is southern.  Don't mix us up with the northern half.  It's a totally different state below 70. 

• Like 1
On 3/18/2021 at 9:23 PM, hobbyfarm said:

Bernville PA.

I used to run my beagles at Blue Marsh. At the school on Bright School road.

10 hours ago, Jacka said:

Seems like us guys that were  born that close to the great symbol of America's freedom were forced out by houses,I guess they don't want farmers and food. I many times walked, rode bikes,motorcycles,

fished through Valley Forge Park where George Washington camped in the winter. 

Our farm was on route 23 about  2 miles west of the park. Sold in 1989 and is home to about 60 houses. The last time I drove through the area was about a year ago Christmas. I came to a traffic light ( That wasn't there the last time.....) I realized that I completely did not recognize where I was. When I got my bearings I was 1/2 mile from the old back lane to my Dads farm!

• Sad 1
44 minutes ago, jass1660 said:

I’m only 30 miles south of Wisco border...

Up Nort der ehh?  Ever have any run ins with da RCMP up der while makin a run for some cheeze curds?

Just for the record, we think folks from up there sound funny also. 😊 had a buddy who worked in the NW corner of IL. That is some really pretty country. The NE corner, not so much, but that is mainly due to the concrete jungle. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Sledgehammer said:

Up Nort der ehh?  Ever have any run ins with da RCMP up der while makin a run for some cheeze curds?

Just for the record, we think folks from up there sound funny also. 😊 had a buddy who worked in the NW corner of IL. That is some really pretty country. The NE corner, not so much, but that is mainly due to the concrete jungle. 

At least I’m on the outskirts of that krap 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, TomH said:

Our farm was on route 23 about  2 miles west of the park. Sold in 1989 and is home to about 60 houses. The last time I drove through the area was about a year ago Christmas. I came to a traffic light ( That wasn't there the last time.....) I realized that I completely did not recognize where I was. When I got my bearings I was 1/2 mile from the old back lane to my Dads farm!

We are maybe 2 miles south of there?  We border the corner of the state game lands.  We don't really make time to enjoy the opportunities of living next to the lake and game lands.  The public land by us is quiet most of the year.

1 minute ago, jass1660 said:

At least I’m on the outskirts of that krap 

Closer than I wanna be.  If the food runs out, where you think them people will go lookin?  Down here in no man's land?  No way.  We're too far from anything, lol. They'd be lost out here. 

• Like 1

Always figured Peoria for "North edge of  Central"......

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Sledgehammer said:

Check out Charlie Berens /Manitowoc Minute @ Cheese Curds or Lambeau or Midwest Grandparents on youtube ...Warning cover your ears @ end if Bears fan....   

4 hours ago, The New Number One said:

I believe my junior high Ohio history lessons stated that Bellefontaine is considered the highest point above sea level in Ohio?

It is the highest point in Ohio.

2 hours ago, TomH said:

2 miles west of the park on 23?.Thats about at the reservoir dam, around the Bull tavern in Schuylkill township, that's my township or was.

9 hours ago, nc1112 said:

I'm just about smack dab in the middle of the state. Right about where the hard grass and sandhills meet.  

20210320_230758.png

That would put you really close to my favorite cowboy poet?

The family farms northern fence borders the city limits of Union,MO. My great grandfather bought this place in 1920. His side of the family came from Germany in the 1860's and settled in an area about 30 miles West of here called Port Hudson. My mothers side is a mix of German and Swiss.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Lazy WP said:

That would put you really close to my favorite cowboy poet?

RP Smith?

Had him for entertainment for Sandhills Cattle Convention one year. 

He was good. 

48 minutes ago, from H to 80 said:

The family farms northern fence borders the city limits of Union,MO. My great grandfather bought this place in 1920. His side of the family came from Germany in the 1860's and settled in an area about 30 miles West of here called Port Hudson. My mothers side is a mix of German and Swiss.

You live in beautiful part of Missouri.  Been through Union many times on hwy. 50.

30 minutes ago, nc1112 said:

Yes sir.  He lives about 15 miles southeast of me. Know his family well.

We had RP up at the folks house at Purdum, back in 94 or so. I think they only had 4 kids at that time. Over the years we have remained in contact, and I volunteered to help him bring cows home from cornstalks 1 year. Don’t remember the entire story, but I think maybe he was staying in a horse trailer trying to calve the cows. I do remember that I was very thankful when he called me and said that he didn’t need me to help. 
I also volunteered to help him drive out to Elko Nevada when he didn’t have a traveling companion. Was kinda bummed that that one didn’t play out. I was layed up with a busted collar bone and 7 broken ribs and I could have enjoyed the relaxation. 

32 minutes ago, Lazy WP said:

We had RP up at the folks house at Purdum, back in 94 or so. I think they only had 4 kids at that time. Over the years we have remained in contact, and I volunteered to help him bring cows home from cornstalks 1 year. Don’t remember the entire story, but I think maybe he was staying in a horse trailer trying to calve the cows. I do remember that I was very thankful when he called me and said that he didn’t need me to help. 
I also volunteered to help him drive out to Elko Nevada when he didn’t have a traveling companion. Was kinda bummed that that one didn’t play out. I was layed up with a busted collar bone and 7 broken ribs and I could have enjoyed the relaxation. 

They are a good bunch and work hard. They've added a few kids since then. Would have been a fun trip. It's pretty entertaining to hear his stories many of which involved him having the same bad luck as us. 

• Like 1