Where are our members from?

On 3/19/2021 at 6:16 AM, JaredT said:

We are in the thumb of michigan(Ruth), 4th generation, raising the 5th. I move 1 mile to a family owned farm and my wife moved from 1 mile the other direction. The only time we roam too far is a smoking deal on a piece of farm equipment.😁

I have been through Ruth many times. My wife’s grandparents farm was north of there a bit. I know everyone knows each other up there so I’m sure you know the family. Orville Braun, he retired quite a while back but made a good living on eighty acres. He had a fleet of Allis Chalmers, biggest being a D19 that now resides across the road from his farm.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

20 miles east of Binghamton, NY and I81. The Susquehanna river and I88 are the north and south borders of the farm. Interesting topic. I did a member map in 2004 while I was laid up from surgery

Used to be in PA.................But I may have moved to the Soviet Union and never relocated?????

That has got to be the dumbest post I’ve ever made; ‘East of the Delaware River’ would put me in NEW JERSEY......  

Posted Images

Central Alberta Canada, 40 miles from refinery row where many of those oil pipelines start heading south

Yet to hear from Ireland pretty sure we have a paramedic over there and U-C from Manitoba but must have ties to Switzerland 

• Like 2
6 hours ago, BoilerRed said:

Close to Allendale or Mt Carmel?  Had a couple of friends in that area once.  Tragically one was killed in a traffic accident on the way to classes at Vincennes one foggy morning.  Lost touch with the other over the years.

Mt Carmel is 15 min from me. Allendale just north of that about 5 miles. I drove through MTC twice yesterday 😊  Don’t know all the farmers over there but I do know several of them. Used to deliver seed over that way a lot right out of college. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, ihrondiesel said:

I’m about 25 miles NE of Akron, near Ireton. 

I worked for Brodie Equipment in Akron after I graduated from trade school in the early 70's. 

Bellefontaine, OH here. 50 Miles west of Columbus, OH on US 33

• Like 2
8 hours ago, BoilerRed said:

Close to Allendale or Mt Carmel?  Had a couple of friends in that area once.  Tragically one was killed in a traffic accident on the way to classes at Vincennes one foggy morning.  Lost touch with the other over the years.

Yes, I am relatively close.  I went to Wabash Valley College in Mt. Carmel, Diesel Tech program.  Allendale is along the way.  Took my first mechanic job in Mt. Carmel at D&D Repair.  

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Sledgehammer said:

Mt Carmel is 15 min from me. Allendale just north of that about 5 miles. I drove through MTC twice yesterday 😊  Don’t know all the farmers over there but I do know several of them. Used to deliver seed over that way a lot right out of college. 

Where did you go to college?

1 hour ago, J-Mech said:

Where did you go to college?

Did two years at Wabash Valley and two years at SIU- Carbondale

I am from 2 miles south of Climax, in the center of this map, 12 miles from Montana. 

Screenshot_20210320_091801_com.android.chrome.jpg

• Like 1
1 hour ago, J-Mech said:

Yes, I am relatively close.  I went to Wabash Valley College in Mt. Carmel, Diesel Tech program.  Allendale is along the way.  Took my first mechanic job in Mt. Carmel at D&D Repair.  

So I’m guessing you and Sledge talk funny....

• Haha 3
12 hours ago, Rusty shackleford said:

Sleepy Eye MN, same one from the little house on the prairie books 

I don't recall Sleepy Eye being in On the Banks of Plum Creek. In fact, did Laura mention the name of any town at all?

24 minutes ago, jass1660 said:

Better to be funny sounding than funny looking 🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
51 minutes ago, Sledgehammer said:

Had military buddy from Marion/Carbondale area I roomed with in barracks at Darmstadt, West Germany. He was member of the area's Shelton Gang.

• Like 2

North central New York. At the east end of Lake Ontario. Tug Hill/ 1000 Islands region 

E3BFBA25-2469-4DA5-98EA-7868E2666417.png

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Sledgehammer said:

When? I think you're older than me, but curious.

1 hour ago, jass1660 said:

Maybe, lol.  I have been told I have a very southern draw for as far north as I lived.  I think I picked it up from my best friend growing up.  His mom and family were from Tennessee, and I spent a lot of time with them. 

2 hours ago, jass1660 said:

Probably so.  Seems like all my south of I70 Hoosier friends have a drawl.  I can turn mine on and off depending on the mood and present company.

4 hours ago, J-Mech said:

Been forever since I've been through there.  Has probably changed a lot over the years.  Friend that was killed was a wonderful young lady with a big heart.  Just wanted to use her life to help people so she was going to nursing school.  Didn't feel much like going back after that.

• Sad 3
4 minutes ago, BoilerRed said:

Been forever since I've been through there.  Has probably changed a lot over the years.  Friend that was killed was a wonderful young lady with a big heart.  Just wanted to use her life to help people so she was going to nursing school.  Didn't feel much like going back after that.

I'm sorry for your loss.  Tough losing a friend like that.  It sounds like it was a long time ago, but I'm sure it still stings. 

2 minutes ago, J-Mech said:

I'm sorry for your loss.  Tough losing a friend like that.  It sounds like it was a long time ago, but I'm sure it still stings. 

Thanks.  40 give or take a few.  Sometimes it seems like yesterday.  Got the phone call from a mutual friend while I was sitting in my dorm room one morning.  Had to go hide for a while.

1 hour ago, J-Mech said:

When? I think you're older than me, but curious.

Wabash fall of 2001- spring 2003

SIU fall 2003- spring 2005

On 3/19/2021 at 3:34 PM, Lazy WP said:

My wife used to have a leather shop and made lots of chaps and “chinks”. She sold a pair to a guy in the Netherlands, and he made the comment about wanting to learn how to rope. Long story, but we invited him to come for a week and attend a number of different “brandings” with us. He was fun, and interesting. 

We aren't too bad over in Europe 😅

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Rainman said:

Had military buddy from Marion/Carbondale area I roomed with in barracks at Darmstadt, West Germany. He was member of the area's Shelton Gang.

Shelton gang stuff is rich in the area about 10 miles west of me. Several of them met a bloody end in the pond creek bottoms which isn’t far away. 

30 minutes ago, Sledgehammer said:

Wabash fall of 2001- spring 2003

SIU fall 2003- spring 2005

Oh... you're younger, lol.  Just missed each other.  What did you major in at WVJC?