Where are our members from?

On 3/21/2021 at 9:29 AM, from H to 80 said:

The family farms northern fence borders the city limits of Union,MO. My great grandfather bought this place in 1920. His side of the family came from Germany in the 1860's and settled in an area about 30 miles West of here called Port Hudson. My mothers side is a mix of German and Swiss.

everyones german around there LOL, all the way to jeff city!!! I used to live in JC, best place in the world to be for lent fish fry in every small town around there tons of catholic churches and all those ladies can cook!!! 

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

20 miles east of Binghamton, NY and I81. The Susquehanna river and I88 are the north and south borders of the farm. Interesting topic. I did a member map in 2004 while I was laid up from surgery

Used to be in PA.................But I may have moved to the Soviet Union and never relocated?????

That has got to be the dumbest post I’ve ever made; ‘East of the Delaware River’ would put me in NEW JERSEY......  

Posted Images

14 hours ago, Qc.Can.IH man said:

I live in Gatineau Quebec, The farm has been in the family since 1919. I am the third generation (and probably the last)! My grandfather died of a heart attack in the barn in 1979, my father lived here all his life until he died in 1999 and I’ve been here all my life!

I live 15 minutes from Ottawa Ontario (the capital of Canada)

I am 2 hours from Montreal, 5 1/2 hours from Toronto, six hours from Bloomsburg Pennsylvania, About 3 hours From Chris NY, 5 1/2 hours from VTfireman in Vermont (I have never been there… But maybe someday)

When you look at the big picture I’m just a dot on the map! LOL

195BE442-93D0-4BD4-A04E-5F2291B47710.png

E2394DCB-729C-4752-9E75-C3DAD9FB5C8F.png

i hope you are not the last!!!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, acem said:

I live in west central Arkansas, in the Ozarks, on the Arkansas River. Nearest town of any size is Altus, i can see it from here.

Ah, the simple life.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, searcyfarms said:

i remember it being brought up many times - i loved that show and have the DVD set and watched it with my girls. 

The series was largely different from the books.

1 hour ago, searcyfarms said:

i hope you are not the last!!!

If I'm not mistaken Dale is the last farmer in his area, on his homeplace side of the road he is surrounded by city, pretty awesome sight aside from spotting an IH tractor driving by

Currently hailing from Berwyn, PA - about 25 west of Philadelphia, very close to Valley Forge. 

I grew up in Sudbury, MA, about 25 miles west of Boston. Family farm was leased for nursery stock for years before being developed in the mid 90’s. 

Great topic @vtfireman85!  Thank you for starting it. 

• Like 3
On 3/22/2021 at 8:39 AM, Qc.Can.IH man said:

I live in Gatineau Quebec, The farm has been in the family since 1919. I am the third generation (and probably the last)! My grandfather died of a heart attack in the barn in 1979, my father lived here all his life until he died in 1999 and I’ve been here all my life!

I am 2 hours from Montreal, 5 1/2 hours from Toronto, six hours from Bloomsburg Pennsylvania, About 3 hours From Chris NY, 5 1/2 hours from VTfireman in Vermont (I have never been there… But maybe someday)

Its amazing how only one half hour driving time seperates beautiful scenic Vermont from the Azz crack of Pa....😎

On 3/22/2021 at 5:39 AM, Qc.Can.IH man said:

2700 miles, 43 hours from me.

Shelby County Ohio. I tried to come up with some interesting factoid or trivia to tell about it, but honestly I got nothing. It's a nice place, I like it here, but we are the home of nothing in particular.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, gearheadmb said:

Shelby County Ohio. I tried to come up with some interesting factoid or trivia to tell about it, but honestly I got nothing. It's a nice place, I like it here, but we are the home of nothing in particular.

The only historic thing that I can think of about my hometown, it’s the oldest village in Illinois. Next year we will celebrate 300 years.

• Like 1
On 3/23/2021 at 3:30 PM, TomH said:

Its amazing how only one half hour driving time seperates beautiful scenic Vermont from the Azz crack of Pa....😎

And just how fast do you drive????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 3/22/2021 at 8:39 AM, Qc.Can.IH man said:

2 hours ago, 1586 Jeff said:

And just how fast do you drive????

He says its 5.5 hrs to Seth's and 6 hrs to Bitty!😁

• Haha 1
On 3/21/2021 at 2:03 PM, TroyDairy said:

Is that Custer co?  Broken Bow?

NW WA.  48'99" parallel and apx 20 miles inland from Boundary Bay WA/BC

Visited some friends out that way back in '97.  Anselmo/Dunning region.  Worked, played and had a wonderful week out there.  Learned to run a drag rake on a backward Super C and repair pump leathers on a windmill pump among other things!   Very beautiful country and lovely people.

Central Iowa.   5th generation on our farm that dates back to the land grant.  25 minutes east of Kal.

• Like 3
On 3/23/2021 at 5:16 PM, feedlot special said:

North west of Schuyler Nebraska 

Screenshot_20210323-171458_Maps.jpg

I was just in Schuyler this morning. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, gearheadmb said:

I'm in Logan County next to you.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, nepoweshiekfarmalls said:

Visited some friends out that way back in '97.  Anselmo/Dunning region.  Worked, played and had a wonderful week out there.  Learned to run a drag rake on a backward Super C and repair pump leathers on a windmill pump among other things!   Very beautiful country and lovely people.

Central Iowa.   5th generation on our farm that dates back to the land grant.  25 minutes east of Kal.

There used to be quite a few reversed tractors in the area.  There are a few people that stack yet but big round balers have pretty well taken over.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, nepoweshiekfarmalls said:

Who were you at around Dunning? I went to 9 years of school there. Guessing you were at McGinns, Cooksley or Zutaverns?

Westmoreland County, Pa. Neighbor to the late Ghenges. (I think I spelled it correctly).  Sure do miss him.

On 3/23/2021 at 5:16 PM, feedlot special said:

North west of Schuyler Nebraska 

Screenshot_20210323-171458_Maps.jpg

i used to have a family member/cousin that lived up at schuyler he moved to lincoln later on, he worked for the govt land office of some sort cant remember exactly, some kind of engineer or something 

Casey Illinois along I70 30 mile west of Indiana line. Home of Big things in a little town

2 hours ago, nc1112 said:

There used to be quite a few reversed tractors in the area.  There are a few people that stack yet but big round balers have pretty well taken over.

I picked up cattle in Crawford NE last summer, someone not too Far East of there had an alfalfa field with some big, beautiful stacks in it. Like Hesston 60 size stacks.