Well, sheeeeiiiitttttt

Not a good find when I did my walk around before pulling into the rack to load fuel tonight.

IMG_20210317_192129215.thumb.jpg.a7bdd0636ea1cb6a28f6ea3a266abcfb.jpg

But you know what?

It didn't happen on the way home with a load on possibly taking the outside with it.

Didn't have to spend the night in the truck waiting for the calvary to show up in the morning.

Didn't have to change out two tires on the side of the road.

Didn't rub through an airbag or do any other damage

I was able to drop my trailer a block away at inland truck and get right into the tire shop at Loves.

Added two hours to my night but got the load home safe and am gonna sleep in my bed.

Be able to get cows fed normal time

Pretty good outcome for what could have been.

Think I heard my guardian angel yell "no mas"ūüėĄ

Good nite all!

• Like 12

Fatigue? Damn that is close to the bag, scissor jack and little chevette angle bar wouldn't help here.

• Haha 1

...Chinese   ?????????????  !!!!!!!!!!!!    :blush:

On the West Indies Island    where I worked.....project manager   decided to  "save money ' by buying cheaper  Chinese tyres......He brought 1000 x 20   tubed radials for the Mack crane truck  (6x4)....when I fitted them..pushed the pressure up to 80/90  PSI....they just ''popped  out''   and rounded  off like the profile of  a bicycle tyre......and of course they lasted ....about two miles   on those ill formed rock strewn roads....before blowing out at various intervals for the next mile or so......It was just a big ..........off.....almost funny   ......No money was saved on this fruitless exercise.....

Mike

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, mike newman said:

...Chinese   ?????????????  !!!!!!!!!!!!    :blush:

On the West Indies Island    where I worked.....project manager   decided to  "save money ' by buying cheaper  Chinese tyres......He brought 1000 x 20   tubed radials for the Mack crane truck  (6x4)....when I fitted them..pushed the pressure up to 80/90  PSI....they just ''popped  out''   and rounded  off like the profile of  a bicycle tyre......and of course they lasted ....about two miles   on those ill formed rock strewn roads....before blowing out at various intervals for the next mile or so......It was just a big ..........off.....almost funny   ......No money was saved on this fruitless exercise.....

Mike

I bought a set of 12‚ÄĚ Chinese trailer tires a couple of years ago, lasted 715 kms, thought I was out of luck, took them back and the store said oops and got the money returned, absolute garbage.

I don’t know why all politicians are always pushing Chinese partnerships and it’s all crap and the government there treats everyone like crap.

ooopsies, foopsies.!!!!!!!!!

• Like 5

Yeeeeeepppppp!!

You are correct Jeff, it could have been a lot worse.  A good thing that you were paying attention and diligent enough to look the truck over before loading.  Even though you had already driven it to the terminal.

Just because it WAS fine when you left does not mean that something did not happen in transit!!

PS

Happy Jeff-Day to you!!!  I am glad that you are able to celebrate it!

• Thanks 1

That's a good save. Could have been a much different outcome. Glad you are safe and at home. Hope you get some good shut eye since it is going to be a short night. The cows will be waiting patiently. 

• Thanks 1

Last fall I had a blowout, middle axle,  inside tire of a tri-axle dump trailer, I was an hour and a half into a 4 hour drive. 
 I heard a loud bang and rubber started flying everywhere! I pulled over to check out the situation, I pulled a couple of strips of rubber that got wrapped around the axle off and then found a tire dealer 10 minutes away.

An hour and a half later I was on my way again, just as I was arriving at my destination I was turning in the entrance when another tire blew this time on the front axle of the trailer. After I got my load dumped I lower the air suspension and put a chain around the axle and the frame of the trailer and then aired up the suspension and drove home.

1FEB97AD-8EFB-45BB-8A0F-B9F88AC2E902.jpeg

999B2F63-C227-47BF-9591-2E8EC39A4970.jpeg

• Like 1

Glad you caught it when you did. Sleep easy. 

• Thanks 1

I sometimes forget what you over the road guys have to go through. Dad had a couple trucks in the 80s-90s almost broke him. I remember getting calls in middle of the night if he was anywhere near home to bring tools or a tire. I'm not as tough as you all so I started selling topsoil to local builders and rarely am more than 30 minutes from the house, which is good because all my equipment is old. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, sandhiller said:

Not a good find when I did my walk around before pulling into the rack to load fuel tonight.

But you know what?

It didn't happen on the way home with a load on possibly taking the outside with it.

Didn't have to spend the night in the truck waiting for the calvary to show up in the morning.

Didn't have to change out two tires on the side of the road.

Didn't rub through an airbag or do any other damage

I was able to drop my trailer a block away at inland truck and get right into the tire shop at Loves.

Added two hours to my night but got the load home safe and am gonna sleep in my bed.

Be able to get cows fed normal time

Pretty good outcome for what could have been.

Think I heard my guardian angel yell "no mas"ūüėĄ

Good nite all!

Good that you recognize all you have to be thankful for.  Happy birthday.

• Thanks 1

Glad you caught it when you did could of been alot worst. When I was driving all my flats happened on trailer and done some damage.                                                     P.S. Happy Birthday take care out there and be safe.

• Thanks 1

Not a trucker but those same tires on my wagons always seem to blow the furthest away from home or the latest time of nite. Happy birthday 

John

• Thanks 1

I have not had a blow out on my tandem dump for several years until last summer, first was on a Saturday not too far from home, it was an outside tire, believe it or not. Second one was several weeks later. I was on about 24 mile haul, about five miles into the last load of the day when it blew, slowed way down and made it and dumped the load and came home and changed the inside blow out.

DWF

• Like 2

Well he'll be coming out in a minute and he'll get that bar and he'll go around and beat on my tires
You know for two pints of diesel
I'd have a flat on the inside dual
Ha! Boy that'd fix him

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, DWF said:

I have not had a blow out on my tandem dump for several years until last summer, first was on a Saturday not too far from home, it was an outside tire, believe it or not. Second one was several weeks later. I was on about 24 mile haul, about five miles into the last load of the day when it blew, slowed way down and made it and dumped the load and came home and changed the inside blow out.

DWF

What?  Outside duals pop?  I dont believe it.  We have 2 silage trucks, 1 semi truck and a little single axle IH.  I dont know if a outside has even went flat.  Hassss to be inner!

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, lightninboy said:

Well he'll be coming out in a minute and he'll get that bar and he'll go around and beat on my tires
You know for two pints of diesel
I'd have a flat on the inside dual
Ha! Boy that'd fix him

Oh there would be no truck drivers if it was not for us trucks!

No coffee drinking fools and double clutching nuts!

Oh there would be no truck drivers if it was not for us trucks!

• Like 1

Walk around? Yeah I guess I do those if I happen to be parked passenger side facing the house... (only kidding)

• Haha 1

I just about wore the grooves off of an LP with this song on it before I could drive.

¬†I have always envisioned the ‚Äúpretty little pink Mack with good looking mudflaps and both stacks chromed‚ÄĚ as a B Model because the cabs were so much lower than the R Models. ¬†I never had considered then that it could have been an LJ Model. ¬†Perhaps it was because there was a B Model hauling steel on the cover of the album....

Hopefully IHRon and the other Bullrackers here are not offended that the truck narrating the song would prefer not to be next to a Bullrack!

• Haha 1