Heading to Branson

Iowa5288

20 minutes ago, red2thebone sr said:

I wouldn’t go through the car/tractor museum in Branson. Dang pricey and the quality of the tractors was no where near museum quality. 

x2. We went through it in 2017, you'll see nicer tractors at your local show. The cars weren't anything special, either.

2 hours ago, Iowa5288 said:

Heading to Branson from NE IA today.  Are there any collections or other things we need to see along the way? We will need to get the kids out a couple of times.

On 65 hwy ? Truman Dam visitor center near Warsaw is nice little stop good view and some animal displays etc. Kind of halfway point for us we stop there every time.. 

Bass Pro aquarium at Springfield is a need to do.

Eat at Lamberts just south of Springfield at Ozark Mo

Once you get to Branson I liked the Titanic Museum when I and Wife went there a couple of years ago .

SSTA01LUW1705-SSTA364077047.jpeg

SSTA01LUW1705-SSTA364077075.jpeg

SSTA01LUW1705-SSTA364077134.jpeg

SSTA01LUW1705-SSTA364077052.jpeg

• Like 1

A buddy of mine at work has a brother down there. He said they always like to eat at Mexican Villa. It is a local chain there with 5-6 locations. He brought in some of their house salsa and it was delicious. That’s all I got ??‍♂️

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/17/2021 at 9:36 AM, Iowa5288 said:

Heading to Branson from NE IA today.  Are there any collections or other things we need to see along the way? We will need to get the kids out a couple of times.

So did you enjoy your trip ?

See any neat pit stops ?

How were the regulations ?

On 3/17/2021 at 5:44 PM, Sledgehammer said:

A buddy of mine at work has a brother down there. He said they always like to eat at Mexican Villa. It is a local chain there with 5-6 locations. He brought in some of their house salsa and it was delicious. That’s all I got ??‍♂️

I love me some Mexican villa. Its in Springfield. About 45 minutes north of branson. 

Just now, 1466fan said:

I love me some Mexican villa. Its in Springfield. About 45 minutes north of branson. 

I just got a message that a few jars of their salsa showed up via the co-workers brother today. Gonna be yummy.  

Just now, Sledgehammer said:

I just got a message that a few jars of their salsa showed up via the co-workers brother today. Gonna be yummy.  

The hot stuff is real hot. Seen a couple of people dare somebody to drink a shot of it. Usually winds up with somebody getting sick. Its one of my top 3 places to go. Burrito enchilada style. Thinking about it is making new hungry. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 1466fan said:

The hot stuff is real hot. Seen a couple of people dare somebody to drink a shot of it. Usually winds up with somebody getting sick. Its one of my top 3 places to go. Burrito enchilada style. Thinking about it is making new hungry. 

That is what I have been told. He brought 6 regular and 3 hot. I don’t crave hot stuff but I will try it. Thought the regular was just about perfect honestly. 

10 hours ago, Sledgehammer said:

That is what I have been told. He brought 6 regular and 3 hot. I don’t crave hot stuff but I will try it. Thought the regular was just about perfect honestly. 

When my wife was pregnant with the oldest boy she craved the hot sauce. Like we had to go there 2 to 3 times a week and she would eat probably half a jar everytime we went. Can get the hot and mild sauce in town at the store now so she keeps stocked up. I just barely get any on the corner of the chip of the hot stuff. If you're ever up this way holler. I'm always up for Mexican villa 

10 minutes ago, 1466fan said:

When my wife was pregnant with the oldest boy she craved the hot sauce. Like we had to go there 2 to 3 times a week and she would eat probably half a jar everytime we went. Can get the hot and mild sauce in town at the store now so she keeps stocked up. I just barely get any on the corner of the chip of the hot stuff. If you're ever up this way holler. I'm always up for Mexican villa 

Will do, I’ve never been there personally, just had some salsa about the time this thread came out. A friend of mine used to live down there years ago and talked about it. One of his brothers lives down there still. He bootlegged the stuff back here for us ?