Question for the woodworkers

A while ago I bought a used Delta homecraft table saw and it didn't come with a miter gauge. Now that I have an actual need for it, I started looking for one. Way back when I used to do a bit of fine woodworking, there was basically one option. So, I'm a bit overwhelmed by all the different choices out there now. Everything from around 50 up to multiple hundreds of $ worth. What do you guys recommend?  This will be for very occasional use, but I would like something fairly precise and easy to change angles on.  The old Sears I had long ago needed a pipe wrench to loosen the dial.  I'm sure anything will be better than that.

My delta rt66 has a substantial miter gauge but in 30 years I’ve only used it a dozen times. Big sturdy and easy to move. I’d look for a delta replacement and go with it. 

John

the delta mitre guage is the best on the marked

check craigs list or flee bay 

power tool suppliers should have them too

my dads delta home craft  and my delta table saw share attachments no problem.

Mike

3/4" wide is the standard width for anything that uses the miter slots so any brand should work. EXCEPT Sears.... their miter slots measure .743+/- They did that so that the only guides that will work on their saws are their own. FYI, many of their power tools are like that. 

Instead of a miter gauge, why not make a good crosscut sled instead. Like someone has already mentioned, my miter gauge hangs on the wall and gathers dust. 

18 minutes ago, dads706 said:

3/4" wide is the standard width for anything that uses the miter slots so any brand should work. EXCEPT Sears.... their miter slots measure .743+/- They did that so that the only guides that will work on their saws are their own. FYI, many of their power tools are like that. 

Instead of a miter gauge, why not make a good crosscut sled instead. Like someone has already mentioned, my miter gauge hangs on the wall and gathers dust. 

This^^^
Make a sled instead. This is what I need to do

On 3/17/2021 at 6:11 PM, 801486 said:

but make most angle cuts on power mitre box

Compound slide saw the best investment I've ever made in a saw.

1 hour ago, Ihfan4life said:

Did you build one or buy?

Bought it. Similar to this one:

Miter_saw_2.abdc9b8500af.jpg