Rant about part out guys

Old F-14

here is a sample they run here, then lay it on deep once seller is roped + a few praise heseus.

Hello, trying to start up my grandparents farm again. Looking for a lawn mower and a Farmall A, B, C, H or M. Not looking to spend a lot of money, possibly even pay in installments. Hoping one day to be able to grow enough crops to help the local community. But starting small first. Thanks for reading this, God bless.

my children and wildlife are starving we dont have any $ and need some food plots cheap,give us what you can spare.

few pricing examples

460 Utility IH tractor ORGINAL

US $109.95

thumbnail 1 - International-460-Utility-IH-tractor-ORGINAL-1960-serial-number-7663SY-plate-tag

• $338.95
  • or Best Offer
  • +$109.95 shipping
  • International-300-350-IH-utility-tractor-deluxe-seat-assembly-w-cushions

if you dont give a 30x $ return on purchase they get hostile right in the ads

45 minutes ago, mmi said:

here is a sample they run here, then lay it on deep once seller is roped + a few praise heseus.

Hello, trying to start up my grandparents farm again. Looking for a lawn mower and a Farmall A, B, C, H or M. Not looking to spend a lot of money, possibly even pay in installments. Hoping one day to be able to grow enough crops to help the local community. But starting small first. Thanks for reading this, God bless.

my children and wildlife are starving we dont have any $ and need some food plots cheap,give us what you can spare.

few pricing examples

US $109.95

thumbnail 1 - International-460-Utility-IH-tractor-ORGINAL-1960-serial-number-7663SY-plate-tag

• $338.95
  • or Best Offer
  • +$109.95 shipping

Do they supply a violin to play when reading that?

5 hours ago, mmi said:

few pricing examples

US $109.95

• $338.95
  • or Best Offer
  • +$109.95 shipping

Professional TAKER there. He's a fisherman so to speak. Waiting for someone to take the bait. Unless you're a bank, never ever sell anything to anyone on installments. Especially something with a engine and drivetrain. Driver who worked for the milk hauler I did back in the day, knew this 19 year old, who needed a job. He got the 19 year old lined up to help milk on a dairy farm. 19 year old had no wheels to get to the dairy farm. Driver knew I had a 1975 Torino for sale. Long story short, this young man never showed up one day to milk cow's. Tore the transmission out of the dam Torino within 24 hours doing a neutral drop. So the driver who was playing good Samaritan trying to help this kid got pissed because of feeling embarrassed to this dairy farmer who thought he was going to have help and the help never showed, and felt very bad the punk tore the transmission out of the Torino  I had another used transmission out of a Torino Elite, I put in the car, why I don't know. This was probably 1993 when this all went down. Torino had Cragars on it and the kid who tore the transmission up was trying to sell them when the car wasn't even paid for! Me and that driver learned a lifetime lesson after that experience. 

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, mmi said:

When scrap is up (which it currently is),  ads or people going door to door like this are real common around here.  Its sad that our society has progressed to this level of deception. 

• Sad 1

Lot of good stuff got scrapped over here a few years ago when metal prices were high. 
a yard that was local to me was fair to deal with though. If you wanted anything he would weigh it and just charge whatever he would get from the big metal dealers. Had a few good engines from him over the years. His yard has a housing development on it now.   Shame all the old machines are disappearing. 

Some folks (like most of us) do it for the love and enjoyment, but a lot of folks (like the guy OP mentioned) do it for a quick buck. If he made his money back selling off the wheels and tires and what not, he could care less if you think his asking price for what's left is too high.

When I was cleaning me place up 8 to 10 years ago, I was always able to buy any old iron I saw at the scrappers for whatever it weighed......of course the trendy thing to do down here is drop an old rusty tractor or plow in front of the house for yard art.

My Farmer buddy had a purpose built IH  loader backhoe tractor all the parts were there even a dead battery.  It sat in the corner of his field and no one was interested in it so he decided to sell it as scrap.  No market unless he cuts it into sections of a certain size or weight otherwise it would not even pay to haul it to the scrap yard. This was several years ago and the price of scrap was very low.  It was not worth $300. as scrap at that time.   In this area of TEXAS old iron is not worth much unless someone else has it and you want it.  I once sold a 72 Chrysler new yorker for $30. which is all the junk yard would give me for it if they came and hauled it away. I just wanted it G-O-N-E.

On 3/15/2021 at 6:24 PM, ny bill o said:

one scrapper told me he gets "special price" over what I would get for the same stuff at the junkyard. Oooookayyyy.....

Some guys actually do. You have contract and gate price. Joe blow off the street gets the posted gate price that everyone can see. The contract price is between the yard and the scrapper. They get a much better price per ton BUT they also have a minimum tonnage they have to meet each month as part of the contract. I have a friend who does it around me and if I get 150 a ton at the gate for something he typically is getting about 250 a ton for the same thing

• Like 1

one scrapper told me he gets "special price" over what I would get for the same stuff at the junkyard. Oooookayyyy.....