We hope you don't die in the meantime ?

Got this from GM today, I think ill shut it off. ?? something unappealing about hot metal shrapnel in the face. 

B898BC41-8BE3-4837-8559-662773FAB67B.jpeg

billions # in bad product maybe 90% of what they make

got one from fiatcna  basically said may make new parts in a year be safe

I had them in our Saab, never did take it in.............Pulled the fuse, wasn't going to let GM tech's mess around with something they knew nothing about(IMO that is where alot of the "Unrealiabilty" of Saab's originated from).  When we were in an accident they did not deploy of-course, cops couldn't understand it:rolleyes:  That has been 2 years ago now and GM is still sending me paper work to take it in.  

I received the initial letter telling me the airbag was under recall, but no other letter as of today. 
My passenger seat is full of cardboard boxes with new shop rags and a tractor intertube. Maybe it’s time I cleaned my truck out...

• Haha 2

Yeah, don't want shrapnel in a tractor inner tube.? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

You must been hiding under a rock just about every Jap car built for the last 20 years has that recall also.

67 million of them out there largest recall in automotive history 

They had to change the laws in some states to allow sale of cars with a active recall because of this.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, jeeper61 said:

You must been hiding under a rock just about every Jap car built for the last 20 years has that recall also.

They had to change the laws in some states to allow sale of cars with a active recall because of this.

Wasn't just Jap cars, Americans bought them for various brands as well.  My Saab 9-3 was a '07 and had one on it during the Government motors ownership of Saab.

1 hour ago, 1586 Jeff said:

Remind me not to ride with you!!!

Cause if the airbag. Or don't want to be seen with him. ? 

Coincidentally I read about that recall the other day while looking at various pickups for my son. It applies to about every model of GM truck from 07 through 14 I think.

1 hour ago, jeeper61 said:

This is a 14’ 2500 GMC, hadn't thought much about it 

58 minutes ago, 1466fan said:

Cause if the airbag. Or don't want to be seen with him. ? 

If you know enough to ask the question, then you already know the answer......

Really Seth is not a bad guy.  

But that Sid character.......

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I got the letter for my 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 in 2017, I think. anyways I took it in and got it fixed. If nothing else the new part should be better than the old one. I've sense traded off that truck. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, FarmallFan said:

I got the letter for my 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 in 2017, I think. anyways I took it in and got it fixed. If nothing else the new part should be better than the old one. I've sense traded off that truck. 

I called a dealership out here about my Jeep (2009), the airbag warning went off because of a worn clock spring, looked up recalls and there were two remaining for this unit, (wrangler x) manager was great, ordered the parts and did the job in a few hours. The cost if not a recall would have been 6 or so hundred dollars

I then asked about my ‘07 3500 and the three recalls and he said it mainly pertains to areas that have high humidity and fluctuations in temperature which we don’t really have, but he said it’s free and it’s yours if and when you want, parts are there now, just waiting for some decent weather.

• Like 1

Majority of airbags, outsourced. Global corporations.

I just got mine as well - 2013 GMC as did my wife, another 2013 GMC.

My Kid's '11 BMW has already been recalled and replaced.

I got the same one.

I am wondering which will be longer: the period of time between the defect being realized and the letter being sent, or the period of time between receipt of the letter and the actual replacement being performed.

i didnt get one yet.............but then again i dont own a cheby - but my wife owns a subaru - lets go test some airbags 

Got them today at work and called.  They told me no parts at this time we will send another notice. My daughters 03 Honda has already been recalled and fixed.  We had an airbag light on in our Subaru before we traded it and they told us same thing no parts to fix it.  I don’t even understand why they send them if they have no parts.  All it does is get people riled up.  

Just picked up the wife’s 2011 Subaru yesterday from the shop, it was in for this and lights 

service writer said I may get more recalls, not all air bags were deemed permanent, WTH?

15 hours ago, Paystar5000 said:

Got them today at work and called.  They told me no parts at this time we will send another notice. My daughters 03 Honda has already been recalled and fixed.  We had an airbag light on in our Subaru before we traded it and they told us same thing no parts to fix it.  I don’t even understand why they send them if they have no parts.  All it does is get people riled up.  

I received those notices for years on my 06 mustang,  finally took it in when weather got nice, they told me they wouldn't have the parts for a year, so I said ok, can they stop sending the noticed, nope, not untill it's fixed. Obviously eliminates their liability when it if it deploys. It's all about money. My son's 01 infinity is still getting the notices. 

Mark

2 hours ago, AKwelder said:

Just picked up the wife’s 2011 Subaru yesterday from the shop, it was in for this and lights 

service writer said I may get more recalls, not all air bags were deemed permanent, WTH?

In some of the cases they are just putting newer ignitors in with the same long term corrosion problem.

I guess the thinking on that is they buy some time until they get the real parts that fix the issue 

I keep receiving them for the airbags in my 2008 Lincoln MKZ.  Hit a deer in 2017 (without comprehensive coverage). Still sitting in the garage with 3 flat tires, no headlights.  I stole the battery out of it too!  If they saw the condition of the car, they would never install the airbags!  Dont know if I will fix it or not.  Ran great with 60,000 miles on it when I limped it home.