when the BIG apartments/developers slow down we will see things drop because of a surplus - we are nearing an end in the upswing is my guess 

• Like 2
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

if we had the RIGHT person in the wheel house this would not be a problem!!

Ya its fun re starting a pellet plant. was building  several offices at a plant in SE Mi. the plant maintenance crew were working on a circut in the control room and found a 20A breaker un m

Normally, it wouldn't matter as much, but the whole thing stunk to high heaven...................Guy was 3 places beyond last and even people in the party wanted to leave him for dead, then people in

38 minutes ago, New Englander said:

I'd hate to be building anything right now. Priced PT lumber? It's crazy expensive.

IF it is even available.  Pressure treated lumber was scarce here last summer.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, searcyfarms said:

its my understanding that whatever they use to hold OSB together is in short supply, here i thot it was just glue ? you can get 1/2" plywood cheaper than you can a sheet of OSB 

Bought a sheet of 1/2” untreated plywood Saturday- $55.00

• Confused 1

I work in the plastic injection molding industry. We have been dealing with this for the last few months. Nylon polymers are very hard to get right now. Polycarbonate polymers are also difficult to obtain. In some cases we are being told our orders will not be filled until fall at best. Some confirmed orders are being cancelled by the material suppliers. 

Erich

• Sad 2
11 hours ago, TP from Central PA said:

Now, now, I was told on here I was a fatalist and everything was going to be just fine by a few in the crowd....................Wonder where those people went????  

Running for the TP isle

8 hours ago, highcotton said:

How many sheets did you buy???

(I wish that there was a way to handle the cursed repetitive posts!)

Brother in law works at Whirlpool in Ottawa Ohio. 2 weeks ago his line shut down because can't get the insulation type stuff they blow into freezer's from Texas. Got told this week or the end of last it looks like a month until their able to be up and going again. A position was available in another line and he took that to be able to keep working 

20 hours ago, TP from Central PA said:

Now, now, I was told on here I was a fatalist and everything was going to be just fine by a few in the crowd....................Wonder where those people went????  

I didn't think you were a fatalist.  I agree with most all your positions on things.  I thought let's all get along, give Biden a chance even though I voted against him.  I foolishly believed in our process of elections/courts and such.  I was wrong,  and our system is broken.  I have no longer been giving the liberals the benefit of the doubt.  If I disagree with people now, I just cut them off.  You were right.

• Like 1

Son in law's family have a Injection molding plastic business,  running low on resin and getting hard to find. My son ordered 3 semi loads of drainage tile for a job, two price increases plus not everything available.  Planted wheat for my own project this summer, told him to get it delivered before we can't get anything or price prohibitive. Luckily bought our fertilizer early. Prices thru  the roof. I retail ag chemicals,  should have had a lot of product delivered by now. Anything coming from across the pond is  a problem. Either on its way or waiting in port to be unloaded.  Going to be a logistical nightmare.  I'm afraid this is just the beginning. Didn't mean to hijack this thread. 

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, Frank H said:

I didn't think you were a fatalist.  I agree with most all your positions on things.  I thought let's all get along, give Biden a chance even though I voted against him.  I foolishly believed in our process of elections/courts and such.  I was wrong,  and our system is broken.  I have no longer been giving the liberals the benefit of the doubt.  If I disagree with people now, I just cut them off.  You were right.

Normally, it wouldn't matter as much, but the whole thing stunk to high heaven...................Guy was 3 places beyond last and even people in the party wanted to leave him for dead, then people in front of him drop out at the same time?  Bernie who I can't stand but atleast stood for what he believed in got kicked in the teeth and was totally ok with it...............Then once he had the nomination hid in the basement, nobody knew where he stood on anything or what the plan was, everyone protecting him, and then the election, which was a whole "Story" of its own.  It was a setup for disaster.............I can't wait if I live long enough to see what the post mortum will be on this decades from now.  Interesting times for sure we have just lived, and are living through.  

We have yet to have a real news conference with serious questions, not "What ice cream are you eating", can't remember cabinet position members he was supposed to have picked, reports are the VP is handling foreign leaders on her own, they handle him like a dog at westminster...............What happens if we truely do have a real crisis?  WH press conferences are back, but it seems all those can be explained in "I will circle back to you" so that is of little use.  I sure hope this gets better, not worse.

• Like 4
6 minutes ago, TP from Central PA said:

Normally, it wouldn't matter as much, but the whole thing stunk to high heaven...................Guy was 3 places beyond last and even people in the party wanted to leave him for dead, then people in front of him drop out at the same time?  Bernie who I can't stand but atleast stood for what he believed in got kicked in the teeth and was totally ok with it...............Then once he had the nomination hid in the basement, nobody knew where he stood on anything or what the plan was, everyone protecting him, and then the election, which was a whole "Story" of its own.  It was a setup for disaster.............I can't wait if I live long enough to see what the post mortum will be on this decades from now.  Interesting times for sure we have just lived, and are living through.  

We have yet to have a real news conference with serious questions, not "What ice cream are you eating", can't remember cabinet position members he was supposed to have picked, reports are the VP is handling foreign leaders on her own, they handle him like a dog at westminster...............What happens if we truely do have a real crisis?  WH press conferences are back, but it seems all those can be explained in "I will circle back to you" so that is of little use.  I sure hope this gets better, not worse.

that's the fact's true true

• Like 1
1 minute ago, m.c.farmerboy said:

that's the fact's true true

When you get right down to it, nobody interveiwed the current president for the job he is in...................So what we are getting is to be expected.  Like any good story, I would love to know what happened in the back rooms during all this, How do they leave a guy for dead, then all of a sudden he wins when better contenders just decide to drop out?  Why would those people drop out when he was behind them?  You could flip that and say why didn't Dizzy Lizzy drop out when she was well behind?..............We might have crazy Bernie now?  Heck atleast I know where Bernie stands on things and he can produce and explain a thought.  Those are the questions I would love to be answered.

• Like 2
21 hours ago, mmi said:

what are they selling ,? our prior years everyday cost is $230>

Plastic film wrap for wet bales

29 minutes ago, m.c.farmerboy said:

POOF!!!

Is it poof-able?   It might be politics but it is history now too?  We are where we are, can't argue that at all.  I just find it interesting how things are examined a bit differently when time moves along, Governor of NY for example....................Went from a Folk hero for most who had no clue about what was really occuring on the ground, to where we are now.  Probably the same will go for the post mortem on covid in time.............

• Like 3

What ever happened to the grab arse allegations that VP was spouting off about at the debate?

If I am the VP I will look the other way?  

14 minutes ago, jeeper61 said:

What ever happened to the grab arse allegations that VP was spouting off about at the debate?

If I am the VP I will look the other way?  

Yes. Yes. 

Let's contemplate another of the hypocrisy shown by VP shall we?? One of the most vocal leaders of the group that attempted to ruin the life of a respected Supreme Court nominee over a some thing that may/may not have happened 35 years ago and leader of the #metoo movement is now deafly silent in the wake of credible sexual harassment/assault allegations against Sniffer Joe and Gov. "Lock them in the nursing homes until they die" Cuomo.

• Like 3
On 3/9/2021 at 4:43 PM, New Englander said:

I'd hate to be building anything right now. Priced PT lumber? It's crazy expensive.

7/16 sob 38.25 last year 11 bucks.

On 3/10/2021 at 7:12 AM, Frank H said:

You were right.

That right there's one of the hardest things for people to admit.

Just as hard for most of us to admit we were wrong.

I've had to do both quite a few times in my life.