New experiences for me. Good and bad

acem

I'm a grandpa!

My steoson's woman had their baby girl! She's a month early but seems to be doing well. Hopefully she will be home in a couple days. The grandmas are going nuts. They can't visit because of covid restrictions.

I cleaned blood out of carpet. One of my best friends called and told me his wife blew her brains out. It's not too surprising, she has a history of mental illness and has tried to kill herself before.

I drove 4 hours tonight to okc. I helped clean up. It's really hard getting blood out of white shag carpet but I'm trying. I'm staying with him for a few days.

Good and bad. We have to take it all. Such is life.

Thx-Ace 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 7

Congrats on the grand baby. Condolences on the loss of your friends wife. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, iowaboy1965 said:

x2

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iowaboy1965 said:

×3

• Like 1

3 hours ago, acem said:

I'm a grandpa!

My steoson's woman had their baby girl! She's a month early but seems to be doing well. Hopefully she will be home in a couple days. The grandmas are going nuts. They can't visit because of covid restrictions.

I cleaned blood out of carpet. One of my best friends called and told me his wife blew her brains out. It's not too surprising, she has a history of mental illness and has tried to kill herself before.

I drove 4 hours tonight to okc. I helped clean up. It's really hard getting blood out of white shag carpet but I'm trying. I'm staying with him for a few days.

Thx-Ace 

We had to wait about a month to see our newest grandson in person, but that's because the doc advised everyone to wait till his original due date because he came about a month early too, and doc wanted the little guy's immune system to get stronger.  Not a wuflu issue, just a general health issue.  Grandma wanted to hold him really bad, and finally got to.

Re. your friend, what a tough thing to deal with.  Good thing he has you.  Hang in there.  You're a good friend.

• Like 3

Congrats on the grandbaby.

Condolences to your friend. Be there for him don't have to say anything at all. That's all you can do will pray for him.

• Like 2

A month early tends to be nbd in my limited experience. My nephew was a month early, and he's a champion athlete. Hopefully that grandbaby turns out to be a solid, dependable person like you.

Good friends are important.

• Like 2

The baby seems like it's going to be ok. They did some breathing treatments and is supposed to get out of the nicu today?

It's really hard getting the blood stain out on the carpet. If it wasn't white carpet it would be easier.

Thx-Ace 

If i were your friend, id have ripped the carpet out and burned it so i'd never have to see it again. You never get it all out.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Reichow7120 said:

If i were your friend, id have ripped the carpet out and burned it so i'd never have to see it again. You never get it all out.

While that might sound rash and expensive, it could be incredibly cathartic (helpful with the healing process).

It would also be visibily dramatic, hopefully in a positive manner.

We are pulling for you Ace!!!

Congrats on being a grandpa Ace!

And being there for your friend in his time of need. Maybe his wife is finally at peace and your friend can begin the healing process from what sounds like some difficult years. 

• Like 2

I really suspect the only answer to the carpet will be replace unfortunately. 

? For you and your friends family.

I have been down the road of a month early grandson. Took him a few weeks to get out, sure was easier without covid.

Sorry for your friends loss taking a little wind from your sail during the birth of your grandchild. 

Sorry to hear of your friend’s troubles. Thank you for being there for him. He needs a good friend in a time like this. 

Congrats on the new addition in the family. Hopefully you can see the little one soon. Just don’t get between grandmas and a baby. That could be bad for your health ?

Hang in there Ace, it is a great thing you are doing for your friend. Congratulations on the new addition ,there will be plenty of time to spoil her later.

There seems to be always both things in this world, good and bad and you are a great friend experiencing the bad with him and waiting to experience the good when your done helping him. I’m sure there are a lot of people lifting you both up in prayer. 

The song “2Tear Drops” by Steve Warnier comes to mind. 
New life is awesome and I sure don’t understand why someone would take their own. 
I had what I thought was a really good friend out at Ft Robinson who took his own life. If Dave could have seen the number of people at his funeral, I wonder if it would have made a difference. I thought I had shared how important he was to me but maybe I didn’t communicate it well enough. 
I have heard Hydrogen Per Oxide might help?

On 3/9/2021 at 4:30 AM, acem said:

I'm a grandpa!

Thx-Ace 

congrats on the gbaby - those are great we have 2 and another on the way

im so sorry ace, you are a good friend for stepping up, some would have a tough time with that 

regarding the carpet, you might get it out of the carpet but the residue goes into the pad and floor so best bet is to roll it up and get it out before it starts the odor kind of like people with urine stains from pets, it soaks into things and will never be right after that