draw bar for farmall 806

You’ll need the support that bolts to the belly and then the pin and retention bolt and little square piece that holds it in place. The draw bar then rests on the support at the rear of the tractor below the pto 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, coltcasper806 said:

i am putting a draw bar on my farmall 806 what all do you need to put it on is it just the draw bar support and the draw bar or what

Does it have 3pt, or 2pt fast hitch?

1 hour ago, coltcasper806 said:

thanks it has fast hitch and i puul farm stock it is a gas and my dad has been super busy so i figured id look on here

Post a picture of what is on the tractor below the PTO.  Might be able to just slide in a drawbar.  Does the front of the fast hitch mount look like this? 

20210309_104058.thumb.jpg.fad4b1dc740df540dec5d79d43ba6f9e.jpg

You will need the later one piece drawbar support. I have two 806's. One has the early two piece and the other the one piece. The one piece has the bolt holes for the drawbar support plate. I did drill and tap my 706's 2 piece to accept the plate. 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
21 minutes ago, Frank30 said:

Stumbled onto this topic, my pin is missing is it possible to get one and what holds the pin in place? Thanks 

Your best bet is to check at boneyard for the pin. Or check with bates. There is a small rectangular plate that is held in place by a small bolt that screws into the belly of the tractor that holds the pin in place. 

10 hours ago, Frank30 said:

Stumbled onto this topic, my pin is missing is it possible to get one and what holds the pin in place? Thanks 

Frank, welcome to the forum!

Pin is part number 108505C1. Still available from CNH but kind of spendy. Like Cummins1486 said, maybe better to check the salvage yard or scour the ole interweb.

Pic below is of an 806. Pin #4 goes through drawbar and into support #1, illustrated by red line. It is held in place by #5 washer that is offset from #4 pin and held by a bolt and lock washer that thread into the #1 support.

Drawbar support.png

12 hours ago, stronger800 said:

Our ‘77 has the square plate, all earlier ones just have a heavy washer. Is the wAsher incorrect? 

No some do have the washer , you’re correct. We have some with a washer and some with the square plate. 

If the pin is too spendy, can you just take a measurement and buy a piece of CRO (cold rolled) and make your own???

31 minutes ago, sandhiller said:

If the pin is too spendy, can you just take a measurement and buy a piece of CRO (cold rolled) and make your own???

I would think it would need to be hardened.

5 minutes ago, jass1660 said:

I would think it would need to be hardened.

You may be right. 

I have made a lot of pins out of CRO, it is pretty tough.