Nice 3688 on a consignment sale

lorenzo

our 3688 didnt have wedge lock wheels...were they an option?

i shouldnt say that,,,,it had one of each style after i broke the clamp bolts and it cracked the cast center so it got replaced with a wedge lock off a 1066

• Like 1

Wow nice tractor and the 4420 JD combine looks nice too must be a well kept line of machinery

• Like 1

15 hours ago, junkandcattle said:

More info please. Drooling a little

One owner four thousand hours , oil changed every 100 , owner  retirement . I looked of over pretty good , it’s a nice example . Duals and weights seling seperatly on another pallet .  Hate it when they do that . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Agreed Lorenzo, should be sold as a complete unit.  Then again, if I was standing there... I'd want to buy the weights separately. lol

Mine has wedge lock centers.  I hate the one can never keep it tight. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Farmall1066 said:

Link to the auction?!

I don’t think there is one .   It’s an annual bring what ever you want consignment sale . There will be about anything you can imagine there . Plows, disc’s , gravity wagons, trucks, mowers, tractors , manure spreaders , irrigation pipe, big round bails, small square bales, tools, augers, fuel tanks, planters, harrows, cultivators,  etc.... etc....   you never know what is going to show up. 

Wheel horseshoes should stay with tractor,  not the weights/duals.

• Like 1

On 3/5/2021 at 9:12 PM, Takn4aFool said:

thats a later one...has the round tall hyd. levers....early ones had the short flat levers

my 1981 has the tall levers.  

fwiw

On 3/5/2021 at 7:53 PM, lorenzo said:

One owner four thousand hours , oil changed every 100 , owner  retirement . I looked of over pretty good , it’s a nice example . Duals and weights seling seperatly on another pallet .  Hate it when they do that . 

when i sell my tractors the weights and duals will be sold separately.  none of my tractors i bought had them.  had i bought tractors that came with duals and weights i would sell them together.   that's my reasoning.

fwiw

I had a '81 3688 for around 11 years. It had the short hydraulic lever's, but I remember reading something on here IH had a update kit for changing them to the long style. Anyone else remember that? That's a restyled 986 with electric ta shift. I'm familiar driving a 986 as my uncle had one and I'll take a 3688 anytime over a 986. A little more pleasant to operate with the cab layout.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What do you think that tractor t will fetch?

Kinda curious.  Not sure why.  I think shipping may be an issue ??

On 3/5/2021 at 7:16 PM, Mountain Heritage said:

Mine has wedge lock centers.  I hate the one can never keep it tight. 

Make sure the wheel only contacts the axle on the flats. If it is touching on the round part you will never get it to stay tight.

• Thanks 1

On 3/5/2021 at 6:53 PM, lorenzo said:

I remember the days when even the straw chopper on the back of that 4420 would have been sold separately! (By the way... both machines look super sharp!)