Jump to content

HELP - What size front tire for NF 706 (6 lug hubs)?


Qdot2009
 Share

Recommended Posts

I ordered some new tires for my NF 706 and ordered the same size that was on there 6.50-16s.  But when I picked up the new ones and put them on the tractor, they seem too narrow and too small, even compared to the ones I replaced of the same size.  What the biggest/widest/best looking tire for these factory rims?  I just want the tractor to look right and the tires not look 'stressed'.

123.jpg.17a9fa989ae1fe9be74cc50c99da1bcb.jpg

1234.jpg

12345.jpg

123456.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Qdot2009 said:

I ordered some new tires for my NF 706 and ordered the same size that was on there 6.50-16s.  But when I picked up the new ones and put them on the tractor, they seem too narrow and too small, even compared to the ones I replaced of the same size.  What the biggest/widest/best looking tore for these factory rims?  I just want the tractor to look right and the tires not look 'stressed'.

123.jpg.17a9fa989ae1fe9be74cc50c99da1bcb.jpg

1234.jpg

12345.jpg

123456.jpg

7.50 16's are the biggest I've been able to get from my tire shop in a three ribbed tire I just replaced the fronts on my hydro 84 and used that size in firestones, The sizes you have are the size I have on my super M , I know other brands of tires may look quite bit different in width

Link to comment
Share on other sites

650 x 16 is the correct size for that tractor and thats what they came out with. and yes it looks correct also. the next size is 750 x16 and they will be too big. nothing to worry about as thats what it is. dont know what you mean by stressed, just keep at least 35 psi in them. the only thing i would worry about is chinese tires. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, rustred said:

yes, but you wont get then on a narrow front.

Well not the way they are intended to be bolted on. Some guys I've seen run the bigger tires with them reversed 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah..... when you buy cheaper tires the sizes vary a lot.  Order a Goodyear or a Firestone and the difference is real.  Lots and lots of cheaper tires on the market right now.

Look fine to me. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here's some whole tractor shots.  After doing some measuring, all the brands are about 0.5" the same in diameter for this size.  The only thing I can guess is the previous tires (15+ years old) were extra tall for some reason.  I guess it doesn't look terrible.  I was just hoping that some fresh tires would give it a boost.  Next time, I'll upgrade hubs and wheels to something bigger.  Thanks for the input.

706.jpg

7062.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Qdot2009 said:

Here's some whole tractor shots.  After doing some measuring, all the brands are about 0.5" the same in diameter for this size.  The only thing I can guess is the previous tires (15+ years old) were extra tall for some reason.  I guess it doesn't look terrible.  I was just hoping that some fresh tires would give it a boost.  Next time, I'll upgrade hubs and wheels to something bigger.  Thanks for the input.

706.jpg

7062.jpg

if you have larger than 15.5 x 38 on the rear the thats why the rear is a bit high. its not too bad though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I  replaced a set of -worn out- 7.50-16 Firestone’s with new Carlisle’s last summer.... then I replaced those....with the correct set of Firestone’s.  Measured carefully, the lesser priced tires were 3/4-13/16” narrower and 1” shorter and they just looked small. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In-laws have a M they bought new. It has 7.50-16 and they look fine on it. I can't imagine 6.50's on these bigger tractors. I replaced my front rims and had 11L15 on the front of my 3020 for soft ground and better ride in rough ground

Link to comment
Share on other sites

and one more thing is with 750x 16 . if they do fit in there they will be so close to each other that in the slightest wet ground you be be plugging up solid with mud.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/6/2021 at 11:26 AM, rustred said:

and one more thing is with 750x 16 . if they do fit in there they will be so close to each other that in the slightest wet ground you be be plugging up solid with mud.

That's why you'd need different rims with different offset. 7.50's will bulge out pretty good on those 4" rims.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/5/2021 at 1:36 PM, Dan Robinson said:

As stated, not all tires are created equal. And 6.50x16 would be correct size, and in my opinion look good on there. 

Here's my 806 with 6.50x16s

20200422_175112.jpg

I like it,nice tractor. All my tractors have the flatops,but I always wanted a 806 with clamshell fenders but your's will do.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...