Rhino 600 or 660 utv

bitty

Are they any good? That is my question .

Can't say I've seen one before - who makes them, Rhino themselves? Pictures?

3 minutes ago, Mountain Heritage said:

Can't say I've seen one before - who makes them, Rhino themselves? Pictures?

Yamaha . I should have said that

Know of one..............No problems with it, plows a 100ft long driveway, and drives to the back of a 1/4 acre once a month..............How long it would last actually being used, I do not know.

• Haha 1

No worries, I'm sure there are lots of guys who know - I'm just not up on side by sides.  Wish I was, would like to learn more about them.  I would hope there are just as good options out there other than a Kubota!?  Those things are damn expensive!  I know the wife would really like one vs the old '92  Kawasaki 300 ATV we have currently. ?

1 minute ago, Mountain Heritage said:

No worries, I'm sure there are lots of guys who know - I'm just not up on side by sides.  Wish I was, would like to learn more about them.  I would hope there are just as good options out there other than a Kubota!?  Those things are damn expensive!  I know the wife would really like one vs the old '92  Kawasaki 300 ATV we have currently. ?

What isn't expensive right now?????  

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, TP from Central PA said:

What isn't expensive right now?????  

Good Point! ?

Neighbor bought a new one and financed it back in spring once they paid the wife's car off.  It is basically new yet so no issues. They run it on some trails on their property and of course down the road. ?

Mountain Heritage Imo the Kubotas are utility vehicles designed for serious work while most of the other side by sides are primarily sport, secondarily work.  I feel like it is hard to compare the two as they each have their own market.

6 minutes ago, hobbyfarm said:

Neighbor bought a new one and financed it back in spring once they paid the wife's car off.  It is basically new yet so no issues. They run it on some trails on their property and of course down the road. ?

Mountain Heritage Imo the Kubotas are utility vehicles designed for serious work while most of the other side by sides are primarily sport, secondarily work.  I feel like it is hard to compare the two as they each have their own market.

I suppose you're right.  Don't any of the big named guys make something to compete with Kubota's?

Either way, when you hear people talk about the price they paid for their side by side.  It had better do something more than run up and down a trail for me!  Get out there and work that SOB, make it earn a living around home.  

I guess its no different than any other "sport", ya gotta pay if you wanna play!??  Heck its only money, they print it every day!

Price out a plow for them! Prices for plows on the UTV's are the same as the one on my Wrangler. I drive the Wrangler to work every day and all over town. In fact one of the local plow shops modifies UTV vee plows to work on Jeeps.

I am amazed at all the fancy UTV's you see on suburban lots, especially after pricing them out.

I thought about a Bobcat Toolcat instead of a UTV, that way you get a loader and skid steer hydraulics, but they are pricy used too.

I 'll stick to my Cub Cadets and my used 3k Yamaha Kodiak!

Are you looking at new or used? I don't think they make a new 660, but I haven't kept up with the new Yamahas. I had a 2006 660 for several years which got used pretty hard. Last fall the transmission drive blew apart.  I debated rebuilding it, but sold it as a parts machine for a good price. I always liked the machine, but it seemed there was always something to fix. Seems like I went thru a lot of axle shafts and fuel pumps. I bought a new can am defender last march which was a big step up.

7 minutes ago, wild one said:

Are you looking at new or used? I don't think they make a new 660, but I haven't kept up with the new Yamahas. I had a 2006 660 for several years which got used pretty hard. Last fall the transmission drive blew apart.  I debated rebuilding it, but sold it as a parts machine for a good price. I always liked the machine, but it seemed there was always something to fix. Seems like I went thru a lot of axle shafts and fuel pumps. I bought a new can am defender last march which was a big step up.

Used. I think it's got a plow with it. I will find out in the morning more info on it

23 minutes ago, CC_Ranger said:

I thought about a Bobcat Toolcat instead of a UTV, that way you get a loader and skid steer hydraulics, but they are pricy used too.

We had that conversation here, often times with the gator I wish we had a loader handy, but it wouldn't be worth the trip with a real loader to do the job at the time, Toolcat would solve that, but as with alot of things, Bobcat gives me ulcers here when it comes to dealer support and the way they build things.  I don't know if that would be a good idea or not.  

My tight wad brother claims he just ordered a new Kubota, supposed to be here in 10 to 30 days..............I don't quite believe him, but we will see, I bet the heaviest thing that will go in the bed will be a 5 gal bucket of coal ashes.  I can't wait to ask him if we can test it out and haul a full tote of water for a few days like we do with our antique gator.  :rolleyes:  I know what that answer would be...........

I bought one new , was a good running rig . We overloaded it and broke rear axles but it wasn't its fault(they didn't have a differential). More of a sport rig than a work rig. Fast enough to take a long trip  . Nice farm rig for sure.

Got a Kawasaki mule,very old the first model. Bought for$400 but engine was tight. Fixed and it's been very durable useful tool because that's what they are on a farm.I looked at new ones several years back and Mules were the cheapest ones out there for a no frills 2wd .I go bout anywhere I want too with this old underpowered 2wd mule. Durbabilty is proven in a Mule at least for me.

But if I had money and was buying new or fairly new I take a Bobcat with a Kubota diesel. That's a work machine. Course you have the Coleman Truckster,I seen one at auction, kick myself for not going higher with 4wd,diesel,hyd dump and 540 pto for $1500 and was next to last  bidder. 

We have a Bobcat Toolcat at work. It is a very useful machine, has the forks or auger on it probably 75% of the time. We have a plow and blower for it also, can't beat it for the snowblower, all hydraulic controls inside a heated cab!

At work we don't use the dump bed as much as I thought we would, we have bigger trucks and even the loader buckets hold more material. The bed is great for tools or a spray unit.

Not the fastest unit compared to a UTV. It has been a good unit, but it has some electronic quirks, wheel sensors are a big issue, just seems to be too much computer/electronics for a work machine, but that is today's machines! Ours is close to 20 years old, second generation, I think that they have updated design at least twice in that time.

Local Kubota dealer used to handle Bobcat also. The parent companies did not like the direct competition, so they dropped Bobcat and took on the entire Kubota line. Now a new regional company, McGrew, is building a new building and opening up a Bobcat dealership about a 1/4 down the road.

Correction it's a 450 . 2006 , 432 hours . I am going to sell my high hour rtv900 for this I guess. Test drive away from committing to it . It's much more a 4 wheeler than an utv 

Screenshot_20210305-085544.png

Screenshot_20210305-085525.png