A tractor post from TP! Check this out............

8;20.  The 30 series came out in 1964? He needs to check his facts. 

8:40."No precleaner for air filter"   What's that thing up by the muffler? 

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, TP from Central PA said:

I personally thought the Deere 404 and 466 being truck engines was the best myself!!!!

This too, I would like to know.

But, NO mention was made of the horrific "owl cage" cab.

Wonder if J.I. Case (a Tenneco company), made a comparison video with the IH tractors of that time?

19 minutes ago, Art From Coleman said:

This too, I would like to know.

But, NO mention was made of the horrific "owl cage" cab.

Wonder if J.I. Case (a Tenneco company), made a comparison video with the IH tractors of that time?

I too was wondering that, I would have loved to seen a 88 series comparison...............Wonder where those 466 engines would have came from?  Dozers?:lol:

There is a guy on youtube who has been putting up old IH and Deere slideshows that must have been shown at dealership open houses, I find stuff like this very interesting to watch because it never seemed like the dealers around me got into it much, probably were too cheap, and the people who would have been watching were just as cheap.  Heck, I think most put the toys right at the front to get people in the door because the kids wouldn't shut up.  I was one of them, one of the main things I remember of the 2 closest Deere dealers, and the JI Case which later became C/IH dealer.  The Massey dealer must have took the lightbulbs out and sold them to customers, it was always dark in there.

40 minutes ago, TP from Central PA said:

I too was wondering that, I would have loved to seen a 88 series comparison...............

They knew better that to compare their turd to an IH!
A fair comparison would have been all brands! 

The guy sound like he is straining to read the script live for the first time. 

Deere needs front weights to be balanced, 14:32 walks by Case with front weights. 

Case is easier to service and get into for sure. 

• Haha 1

I like these kind of videos now matter who makes them and who they bash.  I like what he said at the 9:10 mark about "this type of serviceability and too much of this type of inconvenience, next this tractor is ready for a trade in, there is going to be some looking around to what is available".   Uhh at least JD will be around next time you trade that tractor in.  This guy was so full of crap that I bet JD dealers could have shown this at Deere days and gotten a nice laugh out of it.  

• Like 2
7 hours ago, TP from Central PA said:

I personally thought the Deere 404 and 466 being truck engines was the best myself!!!!

Nearly choked when that guy said that.  I think that one takes the cake.  Who would have know the tractor gods gifted us the 404 in 1955.  Plus Case never bored their engines out to get more hp.  Hmmmmm.  Lets, 377 to 401 to 504??

Pretty lame video, but I love my Case 3394. I'd buy 4 wheel 2294 like the one in the video if I could find one.

Stings pretty bad that the JD's in the video have prolly tripled in value,  and still have a company behind them.