1 hour ago, Matt Kirsch said:

That's called the "belt and suspenders" approach. Not going anywhere.

That upper weight looks like it has an extra hole?

The extra hole appeared late in IH production, can't remember when

Not sure the reason for it being there.

14 hours ago, lorenzo said:

I hope this helps . 252BFB7E-5EBF-4024-AD49-143D3DEBC5C3.thumb.jpeg.f0a8f09c9c6791f3ef3d0529ec1255da.jpeg

B8710533-3EE8-4591-815E-71D2C94AE5C2.thumb.jpeg.590c4cea95081b8a58ac56c3c196215d.jpeg

4F2C6BAE-7D0E-4555-9D6B-59ECFD39B2F1.thumb.jpeg.78eb503dce4f1fb16c2e1783353209a1.jpeg

CD00F0F2-4165-42C4-9137-BE1375E3AAB9.thumb.jpeg.fdd91fe11b4a4cbaf86fbdcffdea6c46.jpeg

DB1A1339-A35A-4FB6-AE48-C258CA435006.thumb.jpeg.650a774c381913f3827ec4382440ff2f.jpeg

I have never seen the scab bolts installed like that. As already mentioned, the jam nut holds the bolt to the weight, 1 nut and washer holds the next weight, two bolts per half weight. 

I always just used all thread on my own tractors.

12 minutes ago, bobbyhuron said:

13 inch bolts hold 5 on a 666. 3 circles then 2 sets of splits. Then fluid in tires of course. I like a heavy loader tractor.

20210302_113101.jpg

Alot of rolling resistance there if you use fluid too , Fluid is dead around here all my ag tire dealer does is pump it out now no one uses it here anymore its all cast weights

Have found many different styles of big aftermarket weights at Colfax tractor parts. Usually in the fall when I'm chasing combine parts and don't have time to worry about wheel weights. Maybe I'll get some pics one of these days.

I put em back like I found em.
 It’s pretty obvious now that installing weights on a tractor is not an exact science.

I now know there is more then one way to achieve the end result.

For my self I’m not going to change them and I can use the tractor knowing dam sure that they won’t come loose and fall off on my way to the cafe. 
Sounds like you can just use some number nine wire, duct tape , and gorilla glue if that’s what you have to work with . 
After I’m gone and the next guy becomes the new Custodian he can put em any way he seams fit.

• Like 2
38 minutes ago, lorenzo said:

I put em back like I found em.
 It’s pretty obvious now that installing weights on a tractor is not an exact science.

I now know there is more then one way to achieve the end result.

For my self I’m not going to change them and I can use the tractor knowing dam sure that they won’t come loose and fall off on my way to the cafe. 
Sounds like you can just use some number nine wire, duct tape , and gorilla glue if that’s what you have to work with . 
After I’m gone and the next guy becomes the new Custodian he can put em any way he seams fit.

Who does you painting?  What I've seen of your 560 and 1066 they are pretty nice. 

Just for reference, here are a couple pictures. One shows split weights with the notch in them to fit the wedge lock wheels. Next is trying to show the notched set way on the inside, as the rest of those 8 sets do not have the notch. Last is how we install. First 6 sets are with all thread, remaining 3 sets are factory IH bolts. We have one piece weights that have the notches in them as well, but they are Taylor foundry, not IH. Just info for reference for those who maybe never seen the notched weights.

KIMG2048.jpg

KIMG2050.jpg

KIMG2049.jpg

• Thanks 1
30 minutes ago, INTERNATIONAL 1466 said:

Just for reference, here are a couple pictures. One shows split weights with the notch in them to fit the wedge lock wheels. Next is trying to show the notched set way on the inside, as the rest of those 8 sets do not have the notch. Last is how we install. First 6 sets are with all thread, remaining 3 sets are factory IH bolts. We have one piece weights that have the notches in them as well, but they are Taylor foundry, not IH. Just info for reference for those who maybe never seen the notched weights.

KIMG2048.jpg

KIMG2050.jpg

KIMG2049.jpg

Now that's alot of weights! On singles? Am I seeing that right? Don't see eyelets to clamp duals on. An inexperienced driver could do some damage...

1 hour ago, TB5288 said:

Now that's alot of weights! On singles? Am I seeing that right? Don't see eyelets to clamp duals on. An inexperienced driver could do some damage...

We only run those weights from fall to spring. Just for winter conditions of ice and snow mostly. Those weights all come off when the frost goes out.

KIMG1937.jpg

• Like 2
6 hours ago, INTERNATIONAL 1466 said:

We only run those weights from fall to spring. Just for winter conditions of ice and snow mostly. Those weights all come off when the frost goes out.

KIMG1937.jpg

Better keep an eye on your rims I've seen them crack out from having too much cast weight

17 minutes ago, ksfarmdude said:

Better keep an eye on your rims I've seen them crack out from having too much cast weight

I split both of them on my 1486

17 hours ago, FarmerFixEmUp said:

Who does you painting?  What I've seen of your 560 and 1066 they are pretty nice. 

Good friend of mine .   It’s a base coat/ clear coat  PPG baked in a heated paint booth. 

OMG,  now the correct police can flog in and murder me for that too,   ??

• Haha 3
9 hours ago, lorenzo said:

Good friend of mine .   It’s a base coat/ clear coat  PPG baked in a heated paint booth. 

OMG,  now the correct police can flog in and murder me for that too,   ??

yea J- mech will jump you lol

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Matt Kirsch said:

Handy for clearing old fences and pesky door frames.

Plus anything else close by

I used the full weights on the inside and the half ones on the out side on both the 1466 and 1486 worked great. Weights originally came of 706D. Half weights look cooler on the outside

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Matt Kirsch said:

Handy for clearing old fences and pesky door frames.

It's not as wide as 118 inch axles, and only one weight past the end of 100 inch axles. Looks more intimidating than it is. If you can't drive that good you have no business driving at all, right? :D

8 hours ago, INTERNATIONAL 1466 said:

It's not as wide as 118 inch axles, and only one weight past the end of 100 inch axles. Looks more intimidating than it is. If you can't drive that good you have no business driving at all, right? :D

You can be the best operator in the world, but if the door is only 96 inches wide... :)

3 hours ago, Matt Kirsch said:

You can be the best operator in the world, but if the door is only 96 inches wide... :)

Drive faster and with the extra width you can create your own larger door. :D

• Haha 2
34 minutes ago, FarmallFan said:

Self correcting problem ?

56 minutes ago, FarmallFan said:

I have tried that theory with mufflers and doorways.  Have never been successful yet! ?

6 minutes ago, nepoweshiekfarmalls said:

I have tried that theory with mufflers and doorways.  Have never been successful yet! ?

Usualy lowers profile of tractor and gives it a swept back look until you back out.