DT400 series injector letters

NY1468

I’m working on my project 1086 and tested the injectors. All of them are bad and in the process of looking online and with others I have laying around have come up with a few different letters on the top of the injectors. The ones out of the 1086 are B’s and so are the ones in the 414 I have sitting here. I have a few sets setting around from other engines and I have letter P and J. What is the difference? Also can they be rebuilt or are they junk and scrap? Thanks, Orin

Letter indicates which nozzle tip is in the holder. 10,14 & 1586 all use the B, which is the same nozzle NBM770053. Other injectors can be used as cores to put whatever nozzle is needed. 

Get your injectors from a authorized Bosch deal , no stuff on the internet it’s mostly all China junk .

Danny

• Like 2

What applications are the other nozzles for? They also aren’t any good, was just wondering. They came out of my tractors over the years and was wondering why they had different injectors in them. I know one set came out of my 3588 about 10 years ago and the other out of my 986. I don’t remember which came of which one. I put B’s and in the 986 didn’t look at the 3588. 

21 hours ago, NY1468 said:

What applications are the other nozzles for? They also aren’t any good, was just wondering. They came out of my tractors over the years and was wondering why they had different injectors in them. I know one set came out of my 3588 about 10 years ago and the other out of my 986. I don’t remember which came of which one. I put B’s and in the 986 didn’t look at the 3588. 

I believe they correspond to the type of injection pump that was installed 

With the amount of reman injectors out there now, the letter on the injector tube doesn't make a difference if they aren't original injectors. Any reman injectors that I've put in are a mix 'n match of letters on the tube. The nozzle tip is the part that makes the difference.

Travis

• Like 2

22 hours ago, NY1468 said:

Thanks

Call Rob Horton or Bubby ,they know it by heart and had some good ones too

• Thanks 1