My employer gave us a small bonus for working through all this covid crap for the past year.  I decided to treat myself to the rifle I was going to get before the Covid downturn scared me into saving every penny.  I had looked at Ruger, Browning, Savage and CZ in a .17 HMR.   I am a fussy and this new CZ 457 really fit the bill.  It has very nice wood, the build quality seems very good and it has a real good quality feel to it, shoulders well, and has a 3 way adjustable trigger.  I also like that you can buy other caliber barrels for it.  I ordered this about two months ago and it just showed up.  I am very pleased.

Resized952021022895170537 (1).jpg

Resized952021022895170616 (1).jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

CZ makes some very nice firearms, bought a CZ75 9 about 30 years ago and it has been flawless, I always have preferred revolvers but I would trust this one anywhere, always wanted a sxs coachgun and settled on a Baikal, really nice gun built like a tank but I should have ponied up a bit more and got the CZ

Golly that is sweet! I am very jealous, you will be extremely pleased... now if you can find ammo?

Excellent choice.  CZ makes fine rifles!  I have a 452 in 22LR , 455 in 17HMR/22WMR, 512 22WMR semi auto, and a 527 .223......all great shooters!

Very nice!

nice nice, my cousin loves tikka i think he called them, i had never heard or seen one before, my buddy had a sako for a while it was a good shooter 22.250 - guess i better look up the tikka - ive always been a remington fan personally but i grew up in the days of the pre-offloaded versions - never shot any of their new stuff so it might be fine. My buddy and nephew have a couple of the cheapo savages, i dont know what models but they feel cheap to me, synthetic stocks like my AR, light to carry but hard to shoot steady due to their shortness and weight, I will take my 1903 and its weight over them any day. 

The savages they have in .308 and .270 seem to shoot fine in a lead sled but im not as accurate with them as I am with the ole 1903 and its long barrel too. Im so old school with the longer barrels and heavier weights. I need an intervention they say. 

• Thanks 1

I think you will like the CZ. I have one in .22 Hornet and it is a very nice shooter. 

• Like 1

Can are very well built. One person builds whole rifle. Very good.I have a 527 varmint in a .204, also a 550 var.ent in a .308, very heavy to carry. Osprey 6x24x50 . Bipod and sling. It goes around 14.5 lbs. 26 inch barrel. About the size of a 12 gauze on o.d. also have cz75 tactical in a 9mm. You will very happy with it. I just target shoot and I love the single set trigger on the rifles. I have adjusted to my liking. Do not touch unless you ready to send it down range

• Like 1

Think Tikka used to be the budget minded side of Sako?

Both good

On 2/28/2021 at 6:13 PM, searcyfarms said:

nice nice, my cousin loves tikka i think he called them, i had never heard or seen one before, my buddy had a sako for a while it was a good shooter 22.250 - guess i better look up the tikka - ive always been a remington fan personally but i grew up in the days of the pre-offloaded versions - never shot any of their new stuff so it might be fine. My buddy and nephew have a couple of the cheapo savages, i dont know what models but they feel cheap to me, synthetic stocks like my AR, light to carry but hard to shoot steady due to their shortness and weight, I will take my 1903 and its weight over them any day. 

The savages they have in .308 and .270 seem to shoot fine in a lead sled but im not as accurate with them as I am with the ole 1903 and its long barrel too. Im so old school with the longer barrels and heavier weights. I need an intervention they say. 

I have a couple newer Savages, bought one of their lowest buck Axis maybe? a few years ago for my daughter for Xmas in 243 with scope on sale and some rebate on top they were almost paying me to take it out the door, shorter barrel light gun and that thing is deadly accurate, becoming one of my favourites now she has moved to the city for college, easy to carry and a scratch isn’t going to shed any tears 

1 hour ago, hardtail said:

Think Tikka used to be the budget minded side of Sako?

Both good

Correct. Neither is cheap though. I’ve always wanted a Sako but never broke down and bought one.