Value of suitcase weights?

I've read quite a few post here about the value of different styles of IH weights. What do the "modern" 100# IH suitcase weights sell for in different areas? I have 8 of them and not sure if it's worth trying to get rid of them.

North of one dollar per pound, more for the 75 pounders, with  a slight discount for generic vs. IH imprinted weights.  Or conversely in times of heavier demand a dollar a pound for the generic with a premium for the IH imprint ones.

• Thanks 1

Concur,at least a dollar per pound.

• Thanks 1

I can't imagine finding them for less then $125 in PA.  The 75lb ones would be the same $125 if not more.  Dealer has new generic ones for $100 each last I had seen.  If a puller wanted weights that may be the way to go.  A purist not so much.  I would buy any ih stamped weights I see at less then $125.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, mmi said:

$1.60 - 2.25 lb here

and the anvils(had to hide them) were $3 lb and going to mexico or oversee for $5+   , + costs

Honestly I would pay $3/lb or possibly more for an anvil I liked in the right size range. Most people do not actually use them though for their designed purpose. A lot of the recent anvil prices have come due to Forged in Fire and things like that. 

Around here weight prices are in the $1/lb range. 75lb are more like $100/weight. Sometimes a little more and sometimes a little less. That is IH stamped. Generic ones are about 15-20% less. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
45 minutes ago, Sledgehammer said:

Honestly I would pay $3/lb or possibly more for an anvil I liked in the right size range. Most people do not actually use them though for their designed purpose. A lot of the recent anvil prices have come due to Forged in Fire and things like that. 

Around here weight prices are in the $1/lb range. 75lb are more like $100/weight. Sometimes a little more and sometimes a little less. That is IH stamped. Generic ones are about 15-20% less. 

I don't know that the anvils stop here at $3 a pound.  I have seen them at auctions bring a grand on up.

Just now, hobbyfarm said:

I don't know that the anvils stop here at $3 a pound.  I have seen them at auctions bring a grand on up.

They don’t stop here at that necessarily.  I always figure the weight of the anvil and then the price per lb I would be willing to give for that anvil. Different conditions, brands, sizes are worth different amounts to me personally. I have seen some stupid money paid for them also. I hope to find on in the 300lb + range some day.  

3 hours ago, hobbyfarm said:

thats where we locked them up,too much work for druggies but $2K > in mexico.....suppose they were wading back with them...?

• Haha 1

I bought 12 on a local sale here a few weeks back for 100 a weight for stamped ones. Seems to be the going rate. 75 pounders closer 125

• Thanks 1

I can say I would like some and can see the value of them in certain situations as I got some steep ground to cover. But having said that I'm a bit inclined to, @ $1.60-$2.00 a pound, when I need em I'll just fill a steel basket up front with rocks. I got way more rocks than money......Ain't that the way it always goes? 

• Like 1

Last I saw new ones shaped like the IH ones are $85 each for a #100 weigh

3 hours ago, nepoweshiekfarmalls said:

At work, marked or not, 100# are $75., 75# are $100.

Too bad shipping isn't free.  Where do they come from?  I'm guessing trades and such?

0.50 lbs no less.    Don't listen to these people with inflated prices.      If you don't fell like delivering  I will split the fright cost with you.   Just to be fair.    

• Haha 1
18 hours ago, hobbyfarm said:

Too bad shipping isn't free.  Where do they come from?  I'm guessing trades and such?

The boss purchases machines for salvage.

pulling guys have drove the price, I guess john deere weights don't pull as good.

$1.50 -$ 2.50 around here

This talk makes me wonder about hauling new aftermarket weights straight to the consignment sale. Probably make a good dime doing it

• Like 1

Y’all talk about how they bring big money. In the last 5 years I’ve had sets on auctions and they’ve averaged $75/apiece. I’ll leave them sit in the shed from now on.

15 hours ago, dannyredfan said:

0.50 lbs no less.    Don't listen to these people with inflated prices.      If you don't fell like delivering  I will split the fright cost with you.   Just to be fair.    

So you're saying that the auctions where I stood there and watch batches of weights bring $160, $180, and $230 PER WEIGHT were a lie?