Gear Reduction started on TD-6

Saw a post on Facebook that a man stated that he put a gear reduction starter from some type of skid-steer on his TD-6. I asked what starter he bought, but have not been able to get him to respond. Any one know anything about a gear reduction starter that will work on a1952 TD-6?

not off hand, but in the last 10 years various denso have been adapted to tractors

stick with name brand and long used model   as shop says NLA or no service for ANYTHING  new or not euro centric (they have  1% sense left)

they were not designed to start on diesel,when the other systems work right the original is fine

And what is the name brand and long used model?  #1108940 is no longer available and I have had no luck searching for a cross reference number. Al the old started and generator shops around me have disappeared.

Not the exact info you wanted but a route followed on a different machine 

T20 did a retrofit on his but again a different model

You need to find someone that actually is interested in pursuing this info, getting harder every day

22 minutes ago, Farmall 1466 said:

I'm not sure. The description isn't really clear as to what fits. It says TD-6 but it doesn't list what years. I think they are not all the same. Not of the replacement numbers they give matches any numbers I am familiar with. I would hate to order it and have to return it on my dime.

There were 3 old parts numbers all superseded all NLA obsolete for the gas start TD6’s, then the 282 was supplied in the TD6-62 I believe as first offering totally different animal

Diesel engine is clockwise starter rotation is CCW, that link would have to be confirmed, the direction the starter mounts into the bellhousing is what makes the difference 

56 minutes ago, gashog said:

I'm not sure. The description isn't really clear as to what fits. It says TD-6 but it doesn't list what years. I think they are not all the same. Not of the replacement numbers they give matches any numbers I am familiar with. I would hate to order it and have to return it on my dime.

YT is barely kept alive by purveying this crap.as many others do!

that is a marked up $$ china %$&^ ,possiblity for 6 cyl ,td 6 ,you are 100% responsible for fitment and the # homework

I would tell you to send original to our local shop,but it takes months to get usable china %$*&^% parts  and next to nothing available ,for these new ones.

as to the rabbit hole of reduction "you" would need to source the correct  bosch or denso + correct drives ,per what is used on 90% of the jap or german trucks,the last 50 years, to insure a minimum of parts going forward

welcome to the NWO screw USA

Maybe?

We have an Allis 45 grader.  The starter on that is a Delco with a spacer between the starter flange and the bell housing.  As such it will take any Delco from the original Dyer drive through various other NLA-s,  M40 to the M42 which it now has.  Those Delcos have a selection of pinion teeth numbers  but our auto elec deals with that.  I know he had to change the M42.

Might be able to adapt something else with correct pinion teeth number and bolt spacing but a different nose this way?

I bought a starter that appears to have the correct layout on the nose. It has an electric solenoid instead of the mechanical setup mine has. I can deal with that though. When I get it and if I can make it work, I will pass on all the information on it.

• Like 1