McDonalds New Deal

I will start to eat healthier if they all switch over to slime grown $#;+ by default as I will starve before trying that "stuff"

• Like 2

Have only had breakfast from there twice in the last 14.5yrs.  Nothing else.  That is only because it was bought for me and I respected the person and why they brought it. I have no use for McDonalds at all. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Sledgehammer said:

Kangaroo is still considered meat....

apparently roomeat,skins, importation into the US is going to be stopped

us cruel aussies are culling 2 million roo,s ea yr

out of a total population of 50mill

https://www.abc.net.au/news/rural/2021-02-12/us-considers-ban-on-kangaroo-products/13148454

• Haha 1

This is serious.  We all get it here.  Yep its a lab grown item that for some reason a growing % of the population thinks is neat.  As they demand more and more natural products.  McD is the largest buyer of beef in the US (world?) easily.  Sure they ain't a big juice burger, they are striving for consistency not amazing.   Why the slightly bland and quite salty meat.  People in UK and in Japan and IA all want exact same BigMac.  Buying from beyond meat the lab grown stuff fixing a big issue.  Consistency.  100% the same every day.  No breed or feed issues etc.   Beyond has got to be in stitches...this gots to massively increase their stock and volume making them lower the cost closer to natural beef.  The culture of The West is on the tip of what I am afraid is the end of animal ag.  People dont understand or seam to give a crap to understand animal ag.  In 100 years i personally feel animal ag will be a shell of what it is.  From 40% estate tax proposals from Biden, 0 sense environmental regs, never ending push to take tools for HUMANE animal care away, yelling about things that help us do a better more sustainable job are evil and cancelled.  The barrage is growing.  In my life will beef be gone?  No..  Will the GenZ type keep hammering at what they dont get and spend $ where their ignorance leads them?  Yes sadly.  Weve tried everything to educate consumers and the nay sayers seem to always win.  Making fun of an thinking this is going away is foolish.  Like the guy who kept selling horse harnesses in 1940.  Like i said it makes no sense to me how consumers want more natural annnnd a synthetic product is just so frustrating.   The whole deal is sad.  Several of us here make FOOD for the masses so they can fret about polar bears and what color shiplap for the rusty tin.  And her a barely got from high school idiot (SIL) makes 7500 a month doing something online for a workout app.  Doing something that does nothing for culture and society.  And here most of the avg ag producers are struggling or at least not flourishing as they provide a 100% needed part of the system.  The lack of respect society shows to the actual people it needs is disturbing and disgusting.  

So the biggest meat buyer doing nonmeat is...not cool

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4
3 hours ago, Rusty_Farmer said:

the restrooms are clean

If I eat there I will be finding out.

That "food" goes through me faster than gas through a funnel.??

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, TroyDairy said:

This is serious.  We all get it here.  Yep its a lab grown item that for some reason a growing % of the population thinks is neat.  As they demand more and more natural products.  McD is the largest buyer of beef in the US (world?) easily.  Sure they ain't a big juice burger, they are striving for consistency not amazing.   Why the slightly bland and quite salty meat.  People in UK and in Japan and IA all want exact same BigMac.  Buying from beyond meat the lab grown stuff fixing a big issue.  Consistency.  100% the same every day.  No breed or feed issues etc.   Beyond has got to be in stitches...this gots to massively increase their stock and volume making them lower the cost closer to natural beef.  The culture of The West is on the tip of what I am afraid is the end of animal ag.  People dont understand or seam to give a crap to understand animal ag.  In 100 years i personally feel animal ag will be a shell of what it is.  From 40% estate tax proposals from Biden, 0 sense environmental regs, never ending push to take tools for HUMANE animal care away, yelling about things that help us do a better more sustainable job are evil and cancelled.  The barrage is growing.  In my life will beef be gone?  No..  Will the GenZ type keep hammering at what they dont get and spend $ where their ignorance leads them?  Yes sadly.  Weve tried everything to educate consumers and the nay sayers seem to always win.  Making fun of an thinking this is going away is foolish.  Like the guy who kept selling horse harnesses in 1940.  Like i said it makes no sense to me how consumers want more natural annnnd a synthetic product is just so frustrating.   The whole deal is sad.  Several of us here make FOOD for the masses so they can fret about polar bears and what color shiplap for the rusty tin.  And her a barely got from high school idiot (SIL) makes 7500 a month doing something online for a workout app.  Doing something that does nothing for culture and society.  And here most of the avg ag producers are struggling or at least not flourishing as they provide a 100% needed part of the system.  The lack of respect society shows to the actual people it needs is disturbing and disgusting.  

Know what gets me though?  All this talk about sustainability and being woke to save the world.........then why are you buying fast food?  Fast food is literally the least sustainable thing out there.  Every single friggin meal has tons of packaging that just gets thrown away (or thrown out the window).  How about the 10-15 vehicles I always see lined up idling waiting every day between 11-1 for lunch? 

If these woketards want to change the world things need done like they were 60+ years ago.  Cook at home, buy in bulk, buy local, and stop this I want it now just how I want it BS.  

But alas, that's just too difficult.  It's much easier to virtue signal and pick a few easy PR battles to show you're "helping".  

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
8 hours ago, TroyDairy said:

Troy, I agree with you 100%. I would add that Mc D's and other fast food places have conditioned people to accept less than good products. In their quest for cheap, consistent, uniform "food" they have produced a product that is so devoid of good taste and flavor that the leap to beyond meat is nothing more than a small step. It seems that the masses have no idea what a good burger tastes like. Probably don't ever cook one of their own. And never had an awesome steak. I personally enjoy eating different foods from different areas of the country and enjoy the variety, well most times. Mc D is consistent. Consistently bad IMHO. I would never use them as a benchmark for what a good burger is supposed to be like. 

• Like 2
59 minutes ago, Cdfarabaugh said:

If these woketards want to change the world things need done like they were 60+ years ago.  Cook at home, buy in bulk, buy local, and stop this I want it now just how I want it BS.  

Most of these peeps can't even change a light bulb they want the government to do everything for them 

• Sad 1
13 hours ago, TractormanMike.mb said:

That is why we eat at Culvers.

I used to love Culver's.

Until they took the fat and flavor out of their frozen custard.

But the Walleye is delicious.

• Like 2

I see McDonald's offering plant-based burgers to customers as no big deal; other chains have already done it. I wouldn't mind occasionally having a plant-based burger if it has good taste and good value. 

In 2002 I bought a Veggie Delite at Subway. It was good, but I have regretted not paying more and getting some meat.

I ate at Culver's only once in 2007 after they moved in. Wouldn't mind eating there again. They're supposed to have Springer Mountain Farms chicken.

Ate McDonald's just about every day for about 8 yrs until a Subway went in across the road. Not because it was good, but because I'm too lazy to pack a lunch and it was the only option for my 1/2 hr break.

And honestly, a sausage egg and cheese biscuit is a little piece of heaven to me. When they started all day breakfast I thought stars were aligning and world peace was just around the corner. 

I still don't pack a lunch, but I'm as done with them as I can be now that they have decided to be openly "woke". I can live with them serving some sort of veggie burger for the health nazis and eco freaks, but I won't tolerate a side of politics with my fries.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Cattech said:

Ate McDonald's just about every day for about 8 yrs until a Subway went in across the road. Not because it was good, but because I'm too lazy to pack a lunch and it was the only option for my 1/2 hr break.

And honestly, a sausage egg and cheese biscuit is a little piece of heaven to me. When they started all day breakfast I thought stars were aligning and world peace was just around the corner. 

I still don't pack a lunch, but I'm as done with them as I can be now that they have decided to be openly "woke". I can live with them serving some sort of veggie burger for the health nazis and eco freaks, but I won't tolerate a side of politics with my fries.

I don't mind fast food every now and then but there are so many preservatives in it that if you eat enough of it you probably won't have to be embalmed, probably true for most everything store bought these days.

• Like 1