Been a while since you saw one of these for sale!!!

Be fun to have one to shoot at the Knob Creek machine gun shoot. 

Sometimes the most expensive fun is worth it. Not always but sometimes 

• Like 1

You could buy them legally in the old days. Neighbor got fbi tested and licensed to own automatics. I just remember him telling me he wanted to by a 50 cal Jeep mount. 5000 I think at that time. The funny part of it was a crazy mail man had the firearms license and our Napa dealer was in on it. Napa guy was the cash man and mailman had the federal license. They sold a few auto weapons into area.

• Like 1

We had the full select fire Browning on either side of my Vietnam era war ship. All people like me had to be qualified to operate so I got to shoot it at a 55 gallon at about 100 yards off the ship at sea. Believe or not it is difficult to consistently hit the drum from the rolling ship because the drum is also bobbing and rolling. Makes a good target because it is much like a small boat would be.  Very easy to shoot with no recoil because it was physically mounted to a steel stanchion.  Full auto was not a HRF! BUT a good way to find the target. AND I got free ammo to waste.  Yes the drum was properly sunk, took several  Sailors shooting at it.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, oleman said:

We had the full select fire Browning on either side of my Vietnam era war ship. All people like me had to be qualified to operate so I got to shoot it at a 55 gallon at about 100 yards off the ship at sea. Believe or not it is difficult to consistently hit the drum from the rolling ship because the drum is also bobbing and rolling. Makes a good target because it is much like a small boat would be.  Very easy to shoot with no recoil because it was physically mounted to a steel stanchion.  Full auto was not a HRF! BUT a good way to find the target. AND I got free ammo to waste.  Yes the drum was properly sunk, took several  Sailors shooting at it.

This reminds me of those SEALS taking 3 simultaneous shots from a mile on three pirates on another ship.

I can't help but think: Here kitty, kitty, kitty......

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, dale560 said:

a 50 cal Jeep mount

I heard of a bloke here who had the Jeep and a mount which held a Bruwning 12 ga auto for fox shooting.

Same bloke's answer to "How fast does the Jeep go" reckoned that he treated a 35 mph sign as a challenge

I've seen those for sale before. It's a semi auto conversion, not a machine gun. 

You can't afford to shoot a full auto anything these days!

Thx-Ace 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
12 minutes ago, acem said:

I've seen those for sale before. It's a semi auto conversion, not a machine gun. 

You can't afford to shoot a full auto anything these days!

Thx-Ace 

You are absolutely right. Let somebody else pay for the ammo.

My brother and I were out at a wildcat range a few weeks ago and several guys rolled up to the tree we were under. Out came an MG-42 on a tripod shooting 7.92x57. A bit later another guy brought out an M3 grease gun shooting .45 ACP. We were both offered a chance to shoot each of them.

• Like 2

I knew a guy who had a legal class 3 belt fed gun. It wasn’t that large. The sear to make it work full auto was somewhere over $20K. 

• Like 1

we had a gun truck in our convoy over seas it was a duce with two m-60's and  a 50 cal in the rear,  when them boy's was done playing you needed a barn shovel to clean up the brass

• Like 1
17 hours ago, New Englander said:

Seems cheap if it's a registered gun.

It says it is a semi-auto.

I would be verifying before I bid.

So if semi auto, anyone can own it if they can pass the NICS check.

My neighbor was going to buy a full auto version back in the mid 90s. He is cleared by the fbi background to own full auto and a silencer. But they had to be built before 86 I believe.

36 minutes ago, Diesel Doctor said:

It says it is a semi-auto.

My bad. I didn't read it all.

I was introduced to Doug Oefinger who manufactured BMGs under the '87 amnesty. At the time they were going for, I think, around 10k - 30 years ago. Fully transferable guns. He also made a semi auto for NJ residents. One of the guys I used to fly with was a dealer, so he would look at and sometimes buy registered guns at various places we happened to land. When we visited Doug in FL he had not arrived home and we were waiting when he pulled up and proceeded to shoot up his pond with a re-weld grease gun. One of my friend's guns had been a prop at RKO pictures. Any of those movies that featured a water cooled machine gun was that gun. RKO was stamped into it. It was a real gun I believe fitted with a blank firing device for the movies, can't shoot up the set!

Transferable machine guns manufactured by DLO.

65 Water cooled Browning blued Commercial covering both the N.E. Westinghouse and Remington marked guns. These were Belgian Rust Blued by hand.

150 1917A1 Water Cooled Brownings, with either a bronze or steel trunion and end cap. Parkerized finish, 30-06 only.

65 MG-40 Browning machine guns- parkerized, mostly in 30-06, a few in 8mm. These were Colt Commercials originally in 7mm, bored to 30-06, and found in the UK in the early 1980s.

20 M37 Browning machine guns, all in 30-06. Ten were made for the Mini-Series “Amerika” with right hand feeds to mimic Soviet beltfeds. Ten were made for a commercial contract.

635 1919A4 Browning machine guns, all parkerized, 30-06 and 308 caliber.

4 M2 .50 caliber Browning machine guns, parkerized, welded up in the late 1970s.

25 Uzi submachine guns, all registered receiver conversions, Parkerized, 9mm. These registered receivers were converted by removing the semi auto receiver rail/ block, most had IMI Open bolts, a few had the semi auto bolts converted to open bolt.

1000 Sten MKII submachine guns, 9mm, all parkerized. Some left DLO suppressed, and almost all had loop style stocks, a few had tube/ tee stocks.

60 AK Registered Receiver conversions of both stamped and milled receivers, all 7.62x39 caliber

10 AK Registered Trigger packs. Serial Numbers AK01-AK10. These were disallowed at first, then Technology Branch ATF accepted them, as installed in host firearms.

10 Soviet SVT to SVT Automatics (Select fire), with wide trigger guards.

2 MG08 Maxim guns.

1 MG08/15 Maxim gun.

250 Conversions, assorted, all makes and models. This number also includes registered Short Barreled Rifles, Short Barreled Shotguns, Smooth Bored Pistols, AOWs.