Lost my grandpa on the 18th.

My condolences, he sounds like he was a very special man who lived a full life. 

On 2/25/2021 at 12:56 PM, KWRB said:

Tell me, what is a corn husking champion? I honestly haven't got a clue. Is it what it sounds like?

Yes, from back in the day of picking corn by hand. 

Naturally a competition would develop. 

Would imagine there are still competitions today. 

On 2/25/2021 at 1:56 PM, KWRB said:

I'm sorry for your loss.

I took a look at his obituary, and it sounds like he gave a lot of himself away to others during life, what with all the boards he served on. That sounds like a good man.

Tell me, what is a corn husking champion? I honestly haven't got a clue. Is it what it sounds like?

Well basically you go and husk the corn off the stalk by hand. They run a wagon alongside and ya toss the ears in as ya go. They judge you on speed and cleanliness of the ear. 

On 2/25/2021 at 1:56 PM, KWRB said:

I'm sorry for your loss.

I took a look at his obituary, and it sounds like he gave a lot of himself away to others during life, what with all the boards he served on. That sounds like a good man.

Well basically you go and husk the corn off the stalk by hand. They run a wagon alongside and ya toss the ears in as ya go. They judge you on speed and cleanliness of the ear. 

On 2/25/2021 at 3:40 PM, VacDaddyt said:

Sorry for you loss. I farmed next to his farm for many years and knew him 

So which farmplace was yours? I grew up on the ring farm and ill bet you know the farm my dad grew up on as well. My mom was a klindworth and my father a ross.

Thank you everyone for the kind words and support. His funeral was today and hes laid to rest next to grandma. The funeral was in bear valley where me and my wife were married. That church is no more than 3 miles from me,my mom,and my dads homeplaces. Safe to say family ties run deep in this land. Grandpas homeplace where my uncle farms has been a century farm since the early 90's.

Russel is on the family farm diagonal to the south west. I owned the Jones farm between Ronnie’s and Marleys eighty. I cut their grain for several years on all of what innuendo and Dennis had. I was a year behind Omar Dean and Dennis. Heard of the ring farm a lot. Used to give hayride s don to zumbro falls through that valley. YUP good old Bear Valley next to Hxxx coulee. 

2 hours ago, VacDaddyt said:

Russel is on the family farm diagonal to the south west. I owned the Jones farm between Ronnie’s and Marleys eighty. I cut their grain for several years on all of what innuendo and Dennis had. I was a year behind Omar Dean and Dennis. Heard of the ring farm a lot. Used to give hayride s don to zumbro falls through that valley. YUP good old Bear Valley next to Hxxx 

A tomfohrde?

3 minutes ago, VacDaddyt said:

Yes

Well then youve likely met me. Im Tony Ross. Believe i know your 1st name. You know tgeres a starz relative on here too right?

5 minutes ago, Rescue11 said:

Sorry for your loss. Lokks like he was full of spunk!

Thanks guys. Yes he was! I remember when i was 15ish me and my cousin were wrestling at his house. A lot of us were wrestlers. He was dealing with kidney stones at the time. He came into the gun/sewing room,picked me up by one arm,swatted my rear end,yelled "thats enough", set me down and walked out. Im currently 6'4" and 260lbs. Back then i wrestled 152 and was probably at least 6'.

38 minutes ago, 660 driver said:

Well then youve likely met me. Im Tony Ross. Believe i know your 1st name. You know tgeres a starz relative on here too right?

I believe I have. Roger , I seem to be working most of the time but I have talked to Ronnie and a few others through the years. Most of the time I hear of someone passing way to late to do anything about it. Your generation were real small when I left the area so did not really get to know you. I have confused feelings about that. 

3 minutes ago, VacDaddyt said:

I believe I have. Roger , I seem to be working most of the time but I have talked to Ronnie and a few others through the years. Most of the time I hear of someone passing way to late to do anything about it. Your generation were real small when I left the area so did not really get to know you. I have confused feelings about that. 

Ya besides denny bergs brood,terry and randys kids there wasnt a lot. Russel and mindys kids along with dennis's were younger. Unless you count joe,jeff,and chad luhman. Grandpas service was at bear valley. I think we both know what nearly killed that church. Me and the wife were married there in '08 but i believe we were the last ones. Dont be a stranger. I miss all the old family ties/friends. Ill pm ya my phone number so if your ever around we can maybe have a beer or shoot clays or whatever. A lot of IH in the neighborhood yet so plowdays happen too.

3 minutes ago, Dasnake said:

My condolences.

Thanks bud

On 2/25/2021 at 7:29 AM, 660 driver said:

My last grandfather passed away on the 18th. He was the patriarch of my moms side and farmed his entire life. He farmed almost exclusively with IH tractors. He had a good life but still hard to lose him.https://www.mahnfamilyfuneralhome.com/obituary/Ronald-Klindworth

so sorry tony, so glad you got to know him and love him for a long time - hang in there 

My condolences. My grandpa, dad's dad, passed away in 2000. I idolized that man. Taught me many things by watching him and listening. He was 86 

My deepest sympathies and condolences to you and your family .