The Vaccine

jeeper61

When the Johnson Johnson vaccine is available I might get that. There are studies going on that the virus and vaccine attack the islet cells. So diabetic people that get vaccine or virus risk damage to their islet cells it is just being thorough study now. 

7 hours ago, jeeper61 said:

I see you are on board now 

What does that mean? Onboard with what?

Thanks.

13 minutes ago, New Englander said:

What does that mean? Onboard with what?

Thanks.

The timing of the grim reaper and ones ability to prevent him from taking you.

1 hour ago, jeeper61 said:

The timing of the grim reaper and ones ability to prevent him from taking you.

Well, I'll agree but only the things you have no control of such as the unknown brain aneurysm or the driver that crosses the median. There are though, many things which we can control. If you're a total fatalist you might as well drink heavily, smoke, drive recklessly, etc., but most of us do none of those things for we've seen people essentially kill themselves by doing so. I'll never be convinced that I have no control over my destiny but recognize that some things are, in fact, out of my control. I'll continue to do my best to keep the reaper at bay, control what I can and ultimately accept what I cannot.  

11 hours ago, New Englander said:

Did you hear that they died because of the shot? I ask because there have been some very rare allergic reactions but no reported fatalities from them due to quickly administered epinephrine. The vaccine centers will direct you to remain for 15 minutes as those rare reactions that do occur happen quite fast and the EMTs present have an epipen at the ready.

The chance of dying from whatever cause does not change so it follows that if the grim reaper is scheduled to get you for something other than COVID-19, the SOB will get you anyway.

If a 77 year old with COPD, emphysema, and diabetes dies because covid pushed them over the limit,  its labeled as a covid death.

If someone dies because the vaccine pushed them over the limit, it's only fair to label it as a vaccine death.

But I'm willing to bet the powers in charge will make sure its labelled as some underlying cause instead.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, brahamfireman said:

If a 77 year old with COPD, emphysema, and diabetes dies because covid pushed them over the limit,  its labeled as a covid death

Well, yeah, because if he didn't catch covid he'd still be breathing. If the same guy gets hit by a bus, his death is blunt force trauma. What's the point?

There's enough anti vax folks out there ready and hoping to blame someones death on a vaccine so I wouldn't worry about it.

13 minutes ago, New Englander said:

Well, yeah, because if he didn't catch covid he'd still be breathing. If the same guy gets hit by a bus, his death is blunt force trauma. What's the point?

There's enough anti vax folks out there ready and hoping to blame someones death on a vaccine so I wouldn't worry about it.

My point is everyone thats afraid of covid is quick to label a death from covid, but will just a quickly try to blame a vaccine death on something else.  Once again showing their double standard 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, New Englander said:

1 Point is if the guy got hit by a bus and had covid they would call it covid not blunt force trauma. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ian Beale said:

Just in case someone interprets this post as a safety issue here's an excerpt of the article, the first two paragraphs:

OTTAWA -- Canada's National Advisory Committee on Immunization (NACI) is not recommending the use of AstraZeneca’s COVID-19 vaccine in individuals aged 65 years and older, due to “the insufficiency of evidence of efficacy in this age group at this time.”

However, Health Canada stressed that "there were no safety concerns in this age group in the clinical studies, nor in the large numbers of seniors who have been vaccinated to date in countries that have already authorized the AstraZeneca vaccine and are administering it to people over 65 years of age."

8 hours ago, iowaboy1965 said:

1 Point is if the guy got hit by a bus and had covid they would call it covid not blunt force trauma. 

It's been bandied about on social media that non-covid deaths have been mis-reported so that hospitals can increase their revenue. Even if there have been some cases where that's true it doesn't explain the similar death rates in other countries that don't have for profit hospitals as they have no incentive to inflate the number but rather have a disincentive. The disincentive being an attempt to demonstrate the superiority of their health care system.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, brahamfireman said:

My point is everyone thats afraid of covid is quick to label a death from covid, but will just a quickly try to blame a vaccine death on something else.  Once again showing their double standard 

What evidence do you know of that anyone has died due to some toxicity of the vaccine?

The FAA has cleared U.S. pilots and air traffic controllers to receive Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen Covid-19 vaccine.........  This is the third—and the first single-dose—Covid vaccine to get the FAA’s green light for pilots and others who perform safety sensitive duties under the conditions of their FAA-issued airman medical certification.

Like the previously allowed two-dose Moderna and Pfizer vaccines, the FAA will require those getting the Johnson & Johnson vaccine to wait 48 hours before conducting safety sensitive aviation duties, such as flying or controlling air traffic. The waiting period—meant to accommodate any side effects—applies to those holding an airman medical certificate under FAR Part 67 or a medical clearance under FAA Order 3930.3C. This is similar to waiting periods imposed by the FAA for other vaccines, including those for tuberculosis and typhoid.

1 hour ago, New Englander said:

What evidence do you know of that anyone has died due to some toxicity of the vaccine?

Straight off the CDC website, and just like I said before, they're trying hard to say that the vaccine didn't "directly" cause the death. But the truth is if the person hadn't gotten the shot,  they wouldn't have died.

"Over 63 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines were administered in the United States from December 14, 2020, through February 21, 2021. During this time, VAERS received 1,099 reports of death* (0.0015%) among people who received a COVID-19 vaccine."

hot link so you can look for yourself.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/adverse-events.html

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, brahamfireman said:

Straight off the CDC website, and just like a said before, they're trying hard to say that the vaccine didnt "directly" cause the death. But the truth is if the person hadnt gotten the shot,  they wouldn't have died.

"Over 63 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines were administered in the United States from December 14, 2020, through February 21, 2021. During this time, VAERS received 1,099 reports of death* (0.0015%) among people who received a COVID-19 vaccine."

hot link so you can look for yourself.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/adverse-events.html

Read and post the whole thing and don't cherry pick:

Over 63 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines were administered in the United States from December 14, 2020, through February 21, 2021. During this time, VAERS received 1,099 reports of death* (0.0015%) among people who received a COVID-19 vaccine. CDC and FDA physicians review each case report of death as soon as notified and CDC requests medical records to further assess reports.  A review of available clinical information including death certificates, autopsy, and medical records revealed no evidence that vaccination contributed to patient deaths. CDC and FDA will continue to investigate reports of adverse events, including deaths, reported to VAERS.

33 minutes ago, brahamfireman said:

The fact still remains if they hadnt gotten the shot, they probably wouldn't have died.

How can you say that with absolutely no evidence and, in fact when the CDC, which you quoted, says: A review of available clinical information including death certificates, autopsy, and medical records revealed no evidence that vaccination contributed to patient deaths.? What is it that you're reading that I am not?

Nursing homes have had mass immunizations and yes, people have died after having had the shot but at the exact same rate that nursing home patients die pre- pandemic so there's no way to attribute their deaths to the shot. Sadly people in nursing homes are generally on their last legs. The pandemic, however, brought many to an earlier demise than their natural ends. Post immunization the population of those homes has reverted to the pre-pandemic rate. There is published data to verify this.

2 hours ago, New Englander said:

It's been bandied about on social media that non-covid deaths have been mis-reported so that hospitals can increase their revenue. 

Do you know what hospitals are getting paid over this COVID b.s.?  This comes from a phone conversation I had with an insurance guy, so I don’t have a source to quote, they are getting paid $16,000 per hour per ICU bed!!! 10 ICU beds means $3,840,000 per day!!!  No wonder ICU’s have been full for the last year. 

1 minute ago, ihrondiesel said:

Do you know what hospitals are getting paid over this COVID b.s.?  This comes from a phone conversation I had with an insurance guy, so I don’t have a source to quote, they are getting paid $16,000 per hour per ICU bed!!! 10 ICU beds means $3,840,000 per day!!!  No wonder ICU’s have been full for the last year. 

So then you have to believe that those same patients are being shuffled to ICU beds just to increase revenue and that it's totally unnecessary. That sounds good except the hospital covid deaths occur in the ICU! Now I'm not naive enough to believe that some unscrupulous hospital administrator, showing a lot of red may push some patients to the ICU if there were open beds but I'm also not so cynical to believe that it occurs on a wide scale. Just look at NYC. There refrigerated trucks were used to hold the bodies popping out of the overtaxed ICUs. There was no push to increase any revenue rather they were using every bed available AND the hallways.

You may believe it's "COVID b.s." but I'm quite sure those in the refrigerated trailers, if they could talk, would disagree.

I think the best evidence that the Chinese flu is a HOAX, is that the 'normal' flu season, and the deaths associated with it has totally disappeared from ANY mention by our 'friends' in the MEDIA.

We should be fully aware that up until this past year, the MEDIA did NOT hesitate to 'report' on the dangers of the Hong Kong flu, Swine flu, avian flu, and this year, all these, and their variants seem to have magically went bye-bye, only to be replaced by the embellished, sensationalized 'reporting' on something 'new', and we all should know how the MEDIA loves to make up new 'names' for otherwise ordinary, but sometimes rare events, think Polar Vortex, Alberta Clipper, El Nino, El Nina, with the greatest stupidity of all, the 'naming' of winter storms,  it's ALL about sensationalism.

Which sounds better, to have some has-been actor, or sports figure die from old age, or add a little oooph to his/her passing by saying that the person died from the Chinese flu, or saying that the person died of Corona virus, WITH underlying conditions, such as heart failure, pneumonia, long term cancer, but as a certain politician once said, NEVER LET A CRISIS GO TO WASTE, a 'crisis' which has led to the establishment of a police state, a 'crisis' which has shut down business as usual, a 'crisis' in which the 'educational system' has all but disappeared, and a 'crisis' which has succeeded in making people afraid of their own shadow, ALL thanks to the MEDIA's LIES and sensationalist 'reporting'.  Lies which not only emanate from their own imagination, but from the ever changing 'facts' coming out of the mouth of good ol' Dr. Fraudci.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, New Englander said:

So then you have to believe that those same patients are being shuffled to ICU beds just to increase revenue and that it's totally unnecessary. That sounds good except the hospital covid deaths occur in the ICU! Now I'm not naive enough to believe that some unscrupulous hospital administrator, showing a lot of red may push some patients to the ICU if there were open beds but I'm also not so cynical to believe that it occurs on a wide scale. Just look at NYC. There refrigerated trucks were used to hold the bodies popping out of the overtaxed ICUs. There was no push to increase any revenue rather they were using every bed available AND the hallways.

You may believe it's "COVID b.s." but I'm quite sure those in the refrigerated trailers, if they could talk, would disagree.

You mean the NYC where the hospital ship sailed off after a couple weeks cause they never got any patients? Where local nurses from my area went to volunteer only to find little if anything to do? 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, iowaboy1965 said:

You mean the NYC where the hospital ship sailed off after a couple weeks cause they never got any patients? Where local nurses from my area went to volunteer only to find little if anything to do? 

The one and the same. Given that the morgues could not contain all the bodies and that refrigerated trailers were needed to hold them I don't think it's totally unreasonable for one to expect that more help was needed. Thankfully it turned out to be unnecessary and over reaction. Given that there have been 1.65 MILLION cases and 47,000 deaths in NYC alone the precaution was understandable, unless, of course you believe it's all fiction.

6 minutes ago, New Englander said:

The one and the same. Given that the morgues could not contain all the bodies and that refrigerated trailers were needed to hold them I don't think it's totally unreasonable for one to expect that more help was needed. Thankfully it turned out to be unnecessary and over reaction. Given that there have been 1.65 MILLION cases and 47,000 deaths in NYC alone the precaution was understandable, unless, of course you believe it's all fiction.

Of course, it’s the same NYC that fills a reefer with bodies every week from murders. Oh, wait, was that Chicago?  Don’t matter, they’re both communist camps. 

Just now, ihrondiesel said:

Of course, it’s the same NYC that fills a reefer with bodies every week from murders. Oh, wait, was that Chicago?  Don’t matter, they’re both communist camps. 

On average 158 people die per day in NYC, a number the morgues ,funeral homes , and cemeteries  easily handle. At the height of the covid those entities were overwhelmed and the trailers were piled high with bodies awaiting embalming or cremation.

While I don't totally disagree with the assessment I'm at a loss to understand what it has to do with the discussion. Regardless of the politics there are many good people in the city.

I am day 11 after my second dose of the Moderna vaccine . As a Paramedic I chose to get the vaccine , I have taken care of a fair number of patients since this whole nightmare began with symptoms ranging from mild to life threatening . Luckily I was able to dodge personally meeting the acquaintance of " Mr / Mrs Rona " . I chose to get it as I have underlying cardiac risk factors myself and working in High Risk occupation. 

I do know of 2 persons that have had a severe allergic reaction to the vaccine but ..... in both csses they were also allergic to the regular Flu vaccine . 

After getting my 2nd dose I was intructed to not get anyother vaccine injections for 14 days such as for Shingles , Flu , Pneaumonia ect ...

When I got my first dose I had very minor side effects which didnt show up until the next day sore spot at injection site and mild headache , only lasted a day and than went away .

2nd dose the next day sore arm , significant muscle and joint pain ( I have arthritis too ) , chills , extreme fatigue and mild headache.  These lasted about a day too than dissappeared .

It is my understanding that the vaccine wont protect 100% from getting the virus but if gotten a mild case of it .

All in all I am glad I chose to get it , I feel the benefits out weigh the risks . Will I still use protection after getting vaccinated ....... absolutley , I certainly dont want to bring anything home to my Wife from work . This virus can survive awhile on certain surfaces including my work clothes . 

Getting vaccinated is a personal choice and I respect others choices too .

Here are some informational material that the vaccination clinic sent home with me , maybe some will find it interesting , it does speak of some of the concerns other have talked about .

20210302_140622.jpg

20210302_140635.jpg

20210302_140708.jpg

20210302_140718.jpg