The Vaccine

jeeper61

One of the guys that works for me got the COVID vaccine thinking it would help out getting him entry to NY.

Well in NY and NM if you travel in from a state on their list you still need to quarantine for 5 days and take a test afterwards even if you have been vaccinated.

Insane    

51 minutes ago, jeeper61 said:

One of my the guys that works for me got the COVID vaccine thinking it would help out getting him entry to NY.

Well in NY and NM if you travel in from a state on their list you still need to quarantine for 5 days and take a test afterwards even if you have been vaccinated.

Insane    

They're sure giving a lot of incentive to get vaccinated arent they?  

4 hours ago, Cdfarabaugh said:

They're sure giving a lot of incentive to get vaccinated arent they?  

Down that line FWIW

“I posted this on Farcebook and have already had one person tell me to shut up and be happy to be a guinea pig for something that may help others even though we’re told that getting the vaccine will not do anything that a vaccine is supposed to so. I give up, bring on the asteroid because we, as a species, are just too stupid to survive”…

IF I GET VACCINATED…
●”If I get vaccinated can I stop wearing a mask(s)?”
Government: “NO”
●”If I get vaccinated will the restaurants, bars, schools, fitness clubs, hair salons, etc. reopen, and will people be able to get back to work like normal?
●”If I get vaccinated will I be resistant to Covid?”
Government: “Maybe. We don’t know exactly, but probably not.”
●”If I get vaccinated, at least I won’t be contagious to others – right?”
Government: “NO. the vaccine doesn’t stop transmission.”
●”If I get vaccinated, how long will the vaccine last?”
Government: “No one knows. All Covid “vaccines” are still in the experimental stage.”
● “If I get vaccinated, can I stop social distancing?”
● “If my parents, grandparents and myself all get vaccinated can we hug each other again?”
● “So what’s the benefit of getting vaccinated?”
Government: “Hoping that the virus won’t kill you.”
●”Are you sure the vaccine won’t injure or kill me?”
●”If statistically the virus won’t kill me (99.7% survival rate), why should I get vaccinated?”
Government: “To protect others.”
●”So if I get vaccinated, I can protect 100% of people I come in contact with?”
● “If I experience a severe adverse reaction, long-term effects (still unknown), or die from the vaccine will I (or my family) be compensated from the vaccine manufacture or the Government?”
Government: “NO – the government and vaccine manufactures have 100% zero liability regarding this experimental drug”
So to summarise, the Covid19 “vaccine”…
Does not provide immunity
Does not eliminate the virus
Does not prevent death
Does not guarantee you won’t get it
Does not stop you from passing it on to others
Does not eliminate the need for travel bans
Does not eliminate the need for business closures
Does not eliminate the need for lockdowns
Does not eliminate the need for masking
I am not anti-vaccine. I am pro-choice.
Want the vaccine? Help yourself.
Just don’t tell me your choice must also be my choice."

http://www.smalldeadanimals.com/2021/02/20/february-20-2021-reader-tips/#comment-1412811

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

Our county EMD procured enough doses for all the FF’s in the county due to the number of medical calls we run. I said no thank you, had to sign a waiver saying I said no thank you, and went on my way. I cannot see taking an “experimental” vaccine that apparently is going to change nothing. 

• Like 4

The key is to stay out of the hospital, ivermectin for me.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Ian Beale said:

Down that line FWIW

“I posted this on Farcebook and have already had one person tell me to shut up and be happy to be a guinea pig for something that may help others even though we’re told that getting the vaccine will not do anything that a vaccine is supposed to so. I give up, bring on the asteroid because we, as a species, are just too stupid to survive”…

IF I GET VACCINATED…
●”If I get vaccinated can I stop wearing a mask(s)?”
●”If I get vaccinated will the restaurants, bars, schools, fitness clubs, hair salons, etc. reopen, and will people be able to get back to work like normal?
●”If I get vaccinated will I be resistant to Covid?”
Government: “Maybe. We don’t know exactly, but probably not.”
●”If I get vaccinated, at least I won’t be contagious to others – right?”
Government: “NO. the vaccine doesn’t stop transmission.”
●”If I get vaccinated, how long will the vaccine last?”
Government: “No one knows. All Covid “vaccines” are still in the experimental stage.”
● “If I get vaccinated, can I stop social distancing?”
● “If my parents, grandparents and myself all get vaccinated can we hug each other again?”
● “So what’s the benefit of getting vaccinated?”
Government: “Hoping that the virus won’t kill you.”
●”Are you sure the vaccine won’t injure or kill me?”
●”If statistically the virus won’t kill me (99.7% survival rate), why should I get vaccinated?”
Government: “To protect others.”
●”So if I get vaccinated, I can protect 100% of people I come in contact with?”
● “If I experience a severe adverse reaction, long-term effects (still unknown), or die from the vaccine will I (or my family) be compensated from the vaccine manufacture or the Government?”
Government: “NO – the government and vaccine manufactures have 100% zero liability regarding this experimental drug”
So to summarise, the Covid19 “vaccine”…
Does not provide immunity
Does not eliminate the virus
Does not prevent death
Does not guarantee you won’t get it
Does not stop you from passing it on to others
Does not eliminate the need for travel bans
Does not eliminate the need for business closures
Does not eliminate the need for lockdowns
Does not eliminate the need for masking
I am not anti-vaccine. I am pro-choice.
Want the vaccine? Help yourself.
Just don’t tell me your choice must also be my choice."

http://www.smalldeadanimals.com/2021/02/20/february-20-2021-reader-tips/#comment-1412811

Ian Ian Ian, so it was you screaming rebelliously at the open shouting poor jayne down and annoying the pm, how dare you!!!!!!!

Bwahahahahahahahaha.

I too am in no hurry to take it.

It worries me to see the varieties of reactions to the vaccines just like the virus - I have had several friends have severe reactions to the second dose and be sick for weeks and others have no reaction.

I certainly hope the researchers are working on identifying exactly why this is happening and developing a vaccine that is effective and only has to be given to the small number of people that are determined to be actually vulnerable. 

I also worry that these early vaccines may have side effects - some of these virus mutations could be a result of vaccinated persons contracting covid and their bodies reacting to it, creating the mutations and then passing them along beings none of the vaccines prevent contraction or transmission of the virus.

With no long term study.....who knows what else could crop up down the road in a few years - I just pray something else horrible doesn't show up down the road from this.

The Israelis, having a significant percentage of their population vaccinated have begun the studies we'd like to see:

Transmission happens when enough viral particles from an infected person get into the body of an uninfected person. In theory, anyone infected with the coronavirus could potentially transmit it. But a vaccine will reduce the chance of this happening.

In general, if vaccination doesn’t completely prevent infection, it will significantly reduce the amount of virus coming out of your nose and mouth – a process called shedding – and shorten the time that you shed the virus. This is a big deal. A person who sheds less virus is less likely to transmit it to someone else.

This seems to be the case with coronavirus vaccines. In a recent preprint study which has yet to be peer reviewed, Israeli researchers tested 2,897 vaccinated people for signs of coronavirus infection. Most had no detectable virus, but people who were infected had one-quarter the amount of virus in their bodies as unvaccinated people tested at similar times post-infection.

Less coronavirus virus means less chance of spreading it, and if the amount of virus in your body is low enough, the probability of transmitting it may reach almost zero. However, researchers don’t yet know where that cutoff is for the coronavirus, and since the vaccines don’t provide 100% protection from infection, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends that people continue to wear masks and social distance even after they’ve been vaccinated.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I hear there are two people locally that died after receiving a C19 shot--rather concerning.  May be just coincidence and not causation but it gives a person pause for thought to be sure.

21 minutes ago, Gearclash said:

I hear there are two people locally that died after receiving a C19 shot--rather concerning.  May be just coincidence and not causation but it gives a person pause for thought to be sure.

Did you hear that they died because of the shot? I ask because there have been some very rare allergic reactions but no reported fatalities from them due to quickly administered epinephrine. The vaccine centers will direct you to remain for 15 minutes as those rare reactions that do occur happen quite fast and the EMTs present have an epipen at the ready.

The chance of dying from whatever cause does not change so it follows that if the grim reaper is scheduled to get you for something other than COVID-19, the SOB will get you anyway.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, New Englander said:

The chance of dying from whatever cause does not change so it follows that if the grim reaper is scheduled to get you for something other than COVID-19, the SOB will get you anyway.

I see you are on board now 

My wife and I have now received our two doses of the Moderna brand vaccine for Covid 19.  
The first shot was no problem. The second shot several weeks later made both of us sick with flu-like symptoms for 3 days. It was not fun. Kinda made me feel violated in a way. 

My preference would have been not to get these two shots, but wifey railroaded me in to it. She said if I’m getting it you’re getting it. 

Other than that,  I suppose it’s a good thing we have that behind us now, as we both want to fly again some day, both domestic and international travel, and we are thinking  the airlines are going to make it mandatory to show proof of having had the covid vaccination, especially for international travel, before they let you book any flights. 

We were both issued paperwork and  ID cards from The Austin Department of Public Health proving that we have been vaccinated with the Moderna vaccine. 

If you do decide to go get vaccinated, make dang sure you get documentation and ID cards for your records.

Rick G. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Norton1256 said:

There are too many grey areas....too many unanswered questions...too much slight of hand going on

Well, I'm not sure about the gray areas and slight of hand but when I see comments like "there's no long term study" or "no one knows how long a vaccine will last" I have to comment that NO newly introduced vaccine has ever had a long term study nor did anyone know how long the efficacy was for the obvious reason that time has not passed. The poliomyelitis vaccine turns out to be practically lifetime, but no one knew that at the time it was introduced, it just turned out that way. The impetus at the time was to knock down the virus, which the Salk and later the Sabin did quite well.  

Another frequent comment is that it hasn't been tested, but that's not true. The same tests that are run for any new vaccine were accomplished but run concurrently due to the need. The emergency use bypasses the usual government red tape - environmental impact studies, public hearings, etc,etc. and the usual stuff that would normally take another year. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rick G. said:

My wife and I have now received our two doses of the Moderna brand vaccine for Covid 19.  
The first shot was no problem. The second shot several weeks later made both of us sick with flu-like symptoms for 3 days. It was not fun. Kinda made me feel violated in a way. 

My preference would have been not to get these two shots, but wifey railroaded me in to it. She said if I’m getting it you’re getting it. 

Other than that,  I suppose it’s a good thing we have that behind us now, as we both want to fly again some day, both domestic and international travel, and we are thinking  the airlines are going to make it mandatory to show proof of having had the covid vaccination, especially for international travel, before they let you book any flights. 

We were both issued paperwork and  ID cards from The Austin Department of Public Health proving that we have been vaccinated with the Moderna vaccine. 

If you do decide to go get vaccinated, make dang sure you get documentation and ID cards for your records.

Rick G. 

Hope it doesn’t affect you that way next year when you get the yearly booster shot.

I had to make a trip to the ER Saturday  after I lost control of a section of plywood I was cutting and it did the worst kickback I ever had with a table saw.

They screened me for China Virus and the last time I had tetanus vaccine.  I was surprised I was not offered the China Virus  vaccine.  You would think that every medical facility would have the vaccine available if getting everyone hit is important. Plus I am in the maximum risk age group!
Oh, just my left hand; took 14 stitches, no fractures, return in 10 days to have stitches removed. 

My pride took the worst hit, 60+ years of using a table saw before one bit me bad enough for ER visit.

Experts are saying that the vaccine is safe even it's still an experimental vaccine, also big pharma and governments won't take any responsibility when someone is negative affected or dies after the shot. At the same time the government and experts are seducing people to take the vaccine with the promesse to get your freedoms and rights back, but even when you vaccinated you didn't get your freedoms back.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jordi 1455 said:

Experts are saying that the vaccine is safe even it's still an experimental vaccine, also big pharma and governments won't take any responsibility when someone is negative affected or dies after the shot. At the same time the government and experts are seducing people to take the vaccine with the promesse to get your freedoms and rights back, but even when you vaccinated you didn't get your freedoms back.

Historically when a Government takes a freedom away from the Governed it is NEVER totally returned except as a gift from the Government.  My issue in the USA is the Presidents are making unilateral laws without any vote by the House or Senate OR approval of the Constitution/Supreme Court. So in my OPINION they are not enforceable as a LAW until the Supreme Court runs a Constitutional Verification. 

If the vaccine was totally safe Big Pharma nor the CDC/WHO would require or  demand total  lack of  liability based on their actions.  I feel we have opened a large can of worms, no new drugs unless we, BP get total lack of liability.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rick G. said:

Rick G. 

So you got the shot and got sicker than those around here that just lived normal and got the real thing(myself included)?? Hmmmm

I believe your ticket is punched the day you are concieved. I am just going to keep plugging away til the big guy calls me home.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Gearclash said:

Of course they won't say they passed from the shot in these cases they died from something else unlike the other way around!!

If you look at all the millions who have already had the vaccination, statistically some probably were killed in car wrecks going to receive their vaccine.  So in current jargon those were China Virus  related deaths.  The old axiom "figures don't lie BUT liars figure" certainly applies.  My take is that they probably would still be alive if they had stayed home!