856 Steering arm

mkrsmoke

Rebuilding the steering on a 856 Wheatland with non adjustable front axle. New spindles & steering arms, tie rod ends etc. Is there a correct spot to put the steering arms on the spindle splines so I get the geometry right? I have the correct Wheatland arms & I could put them on different splines by adjusting the tie rods. Only want to do this once. Thanks for any advice.

48 minutes ago, mkrsmoke said:

Rebuilding the steering on a 856 Wheatland with non adjustable front axle. New spindles & steering arms, tie rod ends etc. Is there a correct spot to put the steering arms on the spindle splines so I get the geometry right? I have the correct Wheatland arms & I could put them on different splines by adjusting the tie rods. Only want to do this once. Thanks for any advice.

Case IH tech at least I think it was him.had a diagram on here once about proper geometry of steering and where the angle lines should intersect. P.M him or somebody tag him he had the college level nascar type steering geometry explained perfectly with tractor diagrams.