7 hours ago, Nebraska1206 said:

Your 806 must've had the black-faced 3000 RPM tach when it was new, since I spy the speed chart decal on the panel ;)

You are quite observant!  Yes, the tractor is S/N 10220S-Y, so it would have come with the black faced tach.  We bought the tractor used in 1997 and the gauge had already been upgraded to the rainbow colored tachometer/speedometer unit.  It had the wider ratio TA until I swapped out the unit a few years ago for a HyCapacity HD TA.  The RD pump is still on there as well.  It also still has the clamshell fenders and the oil fill hole above the dipstick.

4 hours ago, chadd said:

You are quite observant!  Yes, the tractor is S/N 10220S-Y, so it would have come with the black faced tach.  We bought the tractor used in 1997 and the gauge had already been upgraded to the rainbow colored tachometer/speedometer unit.  It had the wider ratio TA until I swapped out the unit a few years ago for a HyCapacity HD TA.  The RD pump is still on there as well.  It also still has the clamshell fenders and the oil fill hole above the dipstick.

Over the years I have run into a couple tractors with the original TA like you mentioned. They were original also when I swapped them the factory staked bolts were never messed with before.

On 2/23/2021 at 8:47 AM, 65806 said:

The fuel flow with RD pump was tank, primary fuel filter, charge pump, secondary fuel filter, injection pump. The gauge was in the secondary filter. 

roosa master pump flow was tank, primaryfilter, secondary filter, injection pump. 

with roosa master there is no pressure to read and that’s why the gauge went away. 

if an early tractor has the gauge and roosa pump it was probably converted from RD to roosa with a kit IH made and the gauge was just left unhooked. 

You can put a fitting/gauge in the bottom of the Roosa Master transfer pump end cap and see transfer pump pressure.

That is how it is adjusted/set and that could be plumbed into the old RD gauge.

I have never laid a wrench on an RD nor did they teach it at Vo-Tech.

Why were they discontinued?

On 2/23/2021 at 7:30 PM, Reichow7120 said:

SN 38901 was what the one we had and that is way above the one you listed. 

Doesn't really answer my question about why our late model one had a RD style fuel pressure gauge. 

IH repurposed what they could.

They used the same bracket for the air cleaner warning gauge, the RD pressure gauge and many used the bracket for an oil pressure gauge.

It also fit on the left, center and right side of the lower dash.

But the right side got in the way of the park lever.

I would guess that gauge on the later tractor was added by someone for some reason.

3 minutes ago, Diesel Doctor said:

IH repurposed what they could.

They used the same bracket for the air cleaner warning gauge, the RD pressure gauge and many used the bracket for an oil pressure gauge.

It also fit on the left, center and right side of the lower dash.

But the right side got in the way of the park lever.

I would guess that gauge on the later tractor was added by someone for some reason.

No, the bracket for the air filter gauge is different that the RD pump gauge bracket (p/n 384207R1).  The bolt hole spacing is different, the RD gauge bracket will only fit in the center, near the park brake lever.  The air filter gauge bracket (p/n 392408R1) can fit on the left or right side of the lower dash, but not down by the park brake lever.

The air filter gauge bracket is still available new from CaseIH, but the RD gauge bracket has been discontinued.

• Thanks 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Aaarrrrgggghhhhh!!   I get SO mad at the Three STOOGES on Mecum Auctions on RFD-TV Tuesday afternoons. Tweedle-Dee,  Tweedle-Doo, and Tweedle-Dumb all agreed, that middle gauge on the 1206 they sold was the volt meter to show how much juice the glow plugs on the DT-361 were pulling!  You guy's 1206's all have glow plugs too?

Really, I think this is the THIRD time I've posted this exact same thing on here.  I listen to them drivel on and on about the stupidest differences in unstyled Green tractors that barely exist anymore, and they think a 1066 with a dual shaft pto is a "Special" thing needing mentioned.  And D-361&407 & DT-361&407's have glow plugs!  Maybe our Deere R diesel and 4010 didn't start worth a dang because the glow plugs were bad!

Oh, I noticed there's a $30 charge to get into the auction now. FAT CHANCE I'd pay 30 Cents let alone 30 Dollars to see what goes on.  SON and I went to the Fall auction in 2014.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
47 minutes ago, DOCTOR EVIL said:

Oh, I noticed there's a $30 charge to get into the auction now. FAT CHANCE I'd pay 30 Cents let alone 30 Dollars to see what goes on.  SON and I went to the Fall auction in 2014.

30 bucks to get into an auction??! Wow they must not be making enough on the commission plus all the buyers and sellers fees too. You want me to pay to get into an auction as a potential buyer? What’s wrong with this picture?

• Like 2
On 2/23/2021 at 7:40 PM, nepoweshiekfarmalls said:

I would love to see a photo of that speed chart decal!

I think I have that....(definitely have the IH blueprint for it!)

IRRC....IH made 4? or more different speed chart decals.  I've considered making them but what kind of demand is there for it?  Very few black faced tach tractors in existence now....

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/26/2021 at 8:37 AM, Diesel Doctor said:

You can put a fitting/gauge in the bottom of the Roosa Master transfer pump end cap and see transfer pump pressure.

That is how it is adjusted/set and that could be plumbed into the old RD gauge.

I have never laid a wrench on an RD nor did they teach it at Vo-Tech.

Why were they discontinued?

Basically they were discontinued in 1965 because IH closed the Milwaukee Works where all Harvester's fuel injection parts were made. Since the single and twin plungers and injectors were being discontinued anyhow, that only left the RD and they could purchase Roosa Masters cheaper than moving a relatively low production item to another plant. 

My Prototype I put together has the RD pump like the one in the picture above .

Danny 

D04DB6D3-5C19-41E8-9778-1D02083F4397.jpeg

472DC36D-12D9-4E33-8181-CE62F34E51A7.jpeg

0E7F1F28-CFAD-4D34-9E91-761C581B215A.jpeg

36DBB448-2D35-43BB-B108-F83B72138A50.jpeg

• Like 3

That looks surprisingly like the 1206 my unc had on his farm back in the mid 60's when it first came out. The gauge isn't clear enough to decipherer, but it's definitely not an amp gauge, the colors are wrong. It could be an Air flow indicator or my WAG (wild assed guess) would be a beam curfufle bearing restrictor reset gauge.... 

Hey, I'm like da gummint, when I can't do or think of the right thing, I just make crap up.....

• Haha 1