Jump to content

What's going on with Case IH parts Prices???


Recommended Posts

Called my IH dealer the other day asked for a price on a set of exhaust gaskets, Studs and nuts for same.

They called back and said $543.97 I asked him to check and make sure it was correct  and was told it was.

AM I getting HI-jacked here or what???

Link to post
Share on other sites

What were they for? DVT 800? Lol! If they weren't that's more insane

Link to post
Share on other sites

with all this green and electric talk nowadays will be seeing more of that. everything is being raised into the clouds so no one can afford to fix old stuff and china will get the scrap. that is china's plan anyhow to take over the world and its happening.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, rustred said:

with all this green and electric talk nowadays will be seeing more of that. everything is being raised into the clouds so no one can afford to fix old stuff and china will get the scrap. that is china's plan anyhow to take over the world and its happening.

They won't be getting my red tractors, those will be going in the ground next to me..RIP

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Wanted to replace that little piece of tin with a reflector. JD wants $97.00 for it. I finally found it from someone in Florida, OEM, for $2.00. 

 

A67961DA-F252-4EEF-ABE0-E9827BD068AB.jpeg

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Needed a oil tube gasket for a DT414. 671821C2 is now 24.91. Broke open a kit and stole one out it.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, cedar farm said:

Needed a oil tube gasket for a DT414. 671821C2 is now 24.91. Broke open a kit and stole one out it.

I don't get it, seems like there could be one he!! of an after market  business if some wanted it

Link to post
Share on other sites

Do keep in mind, you are buying a gasket set for a nearly 60 yr old tractor. The fact that it is available at all, from a company 2 ownership generations downstream is harder to believe than the price.

As to trying to obsolete the old equipment, can you blame them? I bet every manufacturer wishes they could go back in time and re-engineer the old iron a little lighter and less durable.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Cattech said:

Do keep in mind, you are buying a gasket set for a nearly 60 yr old tractor. The fact that it is available at all, from a company 2 ownership generations downstream is harder to believe than the price.

As to trying to obsolete the old equipment, can you blame them? I bet every manufacturer wishes they could go back in time and re-engineer the old iron a little lighter and less durable.

That was not the AMERICAN way back in the Day

They used to take pride, not any more 

I use Cat as an example, I have owned D-6C's and D8H's and those where good tractors and last I checked I could still get parts, the chi-com trash they market now won't be around in 20 years. Hard for me to believe they can make a 336 cat excavator in china and ship it here cheaper than it can be done here

I owed a company that built attachments for Excavators for 30 years I sold it 4 years ago and the people that own it now won't supply parts for any thing we built that is older than ten years. all the ones older are referred back to me I have all the prints and will repair or make you a new part for a fair price ,(the way life should be)

I learned that from two brothers that built low beds down in Mass they stopped making low beds in the 80's and one of them is still alive and still repairing stuff they built in the 50 's 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ordered some gaskets for the front cover on a JD 4520 compact. Was quoted 79$, then when they went to order them, the main gasket subbed to a kit for $183 with no way to get just that one gasket. And, the kit still didn't cover all the parts needed for the known leak on these tractors. So, it isn't just CIH

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of price gouging ,  I went to town to get some construction grade 2x4’s.  
 

went to a local wholesale lumber here called 84 lumber .  WOW,  I got a shock ,   $8.00 each 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

You can get a lot of those IH and JD parts through A&I at usually close to half the price. I did that with a starter for my 2140 JD back in December. Over $700 from JD. Half that price for the same starter through A&I. Also got a new cab fan for my 7130 Magnum through the same place. Way lower priced than CIH. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lorenzo said:

Speaking of price gouging ,  I went to town to get some construction grade 2x4’s.  
 

went to a local wholesale lumber here called 84 lumber .  WOW,  I got a shock ,   $8.00 each 

The inflation they have been claiming to be "non existent" has arrived...............................steel is going stupid, building materials,  HVAC has gone up 20%..................

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, m.c.farmerboy said:

That was not the AMERICAN way back in the Day

They used to take pride, not any more 

I use Cat as an example, I have owned D-6C's and D8H's and those where good tractors and last I checked I could still get parts, the chi-com trash they market now won't be around in 20 years. Hard for me to believe they can make a 336 cat excavator in china and ship it here cheaper than it can be done here

I owed a company that built attachments for Excavators for 30 years I sold it 4 years ago and the people that own it now won't supply parts for any thing we built that is older than ten years. all the ones older are referred back to me I have all the prints and will repair or make you a new part for a fair price ,(the way life should be)

I learned that from two brothers that built low beds down in Mass they stopped making low beds in the 80's and one of them is still alive and still repairing stuff they built in the 50 's 

It goes back to giving someone your word. You build something, then stand behind it. I don’t care if it’s one day old or 30 years old. Take pride in your work and the quality of that work. 
You represent God, then stand with God. 
This BS that it’s “too old” is a poor excuse. Don’t get me wrong, inventory costs money, but it shouldn’t cost 500% over new cost. 
The fact that it does is because all manufacturers have been driven out by overseas competitors who aren’t required to play by these overbearing rules that USA manufacturers do. Especially China!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Many of my commonly used Stanadyne parts went up over 50% before the first of the year! It is a way to force us to quit fixing the older stuff and buy new junk, which many times no one can fix!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Koo has some words on a new Case dozer

"Yesterday in the heat of the day at -10c we took the brand new case 650M dozer out for 10 minutes of snow removal. that 10 minutes took 4 hours because in the first 50 feet the machine "coded" and shut it self off. once we got it up and running then it had other issues and we parked it. i should have just taken out the 1952 D6 9U (that was under water for 3 years) out for the 10 minutes of snow removal to be completed in 9 minutes. some days i create my own problems like when i said "I Do"  "

http://www.kingofobsolete.ca/King_today_webpage2.html

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

i dropped 1000 bucks on filters as they were all Baldwin ( i'm not a fan of Baldwins i like my fleet guards) for my new to me stx 425 and i still didn't get them all still need the 3 hydraulic ones yet, called into the city to a place i deal fairly frequently and they were $250 cheaper for all of them air, fuel, oil and hyd so it pays to shop around 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, m.c.farmerboy said:

Called my IH dealer the other day asked for a price on a set of exhaust gaskets, Studs and nuts for same.

They called back and said $543.97 I asked him to check and make sure it was correct  and was told it was.

AM I getting HI-jacked here or what???

That sounds like the price for a complete manifold.. About the same price of a dealer supplied exhaust manifold for a Dodge 5.9 cummins

11 minutes ago, Ian Beale said:

Koo has some words on a new Case dozer

"Yesterday in the heat of the day at -10c we took the brand new case 650M dozer out for 10 minutes of snow removal. that 10 minutes took 4 hours because in the first 50 feet the machine "coded" and shut it self off. once we got it up and running then it had other issues and we parked it. i should have just taken out the 1952 D6 9U (that was under water for 3 years) out for the 10 minutes of snow removal to be completed in 9 minutes. some days i create my own problems like when i said "I Do"  "

http://www.kingofobsolete.ca/King_today_webpage2.html

And yeah, that sounds appropriate for this new fangled lectroinc controlled crap. Our so called "progress" ain't so much progress as it's simply progressed to more complicated. Technology is not friendly, it's simply a crutch that enables the "more convenient" crowd. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Loadstar said:

You can get a lot of those IH and JD parts through A&I at usually close to half the price. I did that with a starter for my 2140 JD back in December. Over $700 from JD. Half that price for the same starter through A&I. Also got a new cab fan for my 7130 Magnum through the same place. Way lower priced than CIH. 

If you need another starter try DB electrical.  They show one for a 2140 for 167.44  I got a gear reduction one for my 2355 that really made it easier to start. My CIH 485 also has one of their starters, as does my 318, gator, Yukon, chipper, Frontier and 345.  We use them at work too. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...