SBE Trinidad CB Radio

farmallmd

I found a Trinidad CB in my grandparents basement, it still works just don’t have the antenna for it. Does anyone by chance have one and can show me their setup? And is it just regular coax hookups? Thanks

Take a look at amazon ( I hate saying that) but it’s gonna give you a decent idea, I use a magnetic mount for my portable, they can be tuned for your setup, if you get some ideas I found a few truck stops carry parts and radios.

25 minutes ago, Lars (midessa) said:

Is this a ‘base station’ (table top style), or a ‘mobile unit (in a vehicle). 

Stop in at any large truck stop, and checkout what they have.

And it wouldn’t be a bad idea to take your radio along and get it tested/tuned/updated if necessary 

13 minutes ago, lightninboy said:

Does anybody use CBs any more?

I’m 16 and have a Uniden pro505xl compact CB in my pickup. There’s three of us in the high school parking lot that have CBs and we talk on them before and after school. Listening to channel 19 on the road I rarely hear anyone and if I do it’s a trucker talking about traffic. 

Watching Convoy, Smokey and the Bandit, and the Dukes of Hazzard made me want a cb from a young age so I bought myself one. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, lightninboy said:

Does anybody use CBs any more? Maybe truckers, but with higher speed limits and cell phones....

You make a good point, everyone wants to be quick, snap snap snap, when traveling I’ve got it all, cel, gps, map book, iPad, blah blah blah, but what happens when you get into a town low on fuel in the middle of Missouri and you don’t know where or what? “breaker breaker this is the dum Kanuck, anyone got ears on” and get help from there.

I still have my jonson 123 i got just out of high school ,,should still work.

102'' wip worked great back then,, had it mounted to the top of the cab

had to take it off due to moving back to Mi from Az. [too man low bridges]:rolleyes:

Mike

Mine is on all time! This morning I was running with a bullrack, he must’ve been as overweight as I was. He made sure we knew where the Texas “black and white “ were. 
I don’t talk on mine near as much as I used to, and most bull haulers don’t talk to grain wagons in general. 

12 minutes ago, Lazy WP said:

Mine is on all time! This morning I was running with a bullrack, he must’ve been as overweight as I was. He made sure we knew where the Texas “black and white “ were. 
I don’t talk on mine near as much as I used to, and most bull haulers don’t talk to grain wagons in general. 

Aw c'mon, BHM ( bull haulers matter)

33 minutes ago, Dasnake said:

Aw c'mon, BHM ( bull haulers matter)

That they do! I enjoy running with them. They are about the only ones left that talk on the CB anymore. 

• Like 1

Mine in the Mack is on most all the time. I don’t talk a lot on it, but it’s nice to catch the speed traps, road conditions and just break up the monotony of driving.

I don’t think I would want to be without it. Better antennas and maybe a more powerful radio would be great as you will lose someone within a couple of miles 

• Like 1