Looking for a MD rear crankshaft seal like this.

lbg57

I am looking for a MD rear crankshaft seal like the attached pictures. 

I am looking for the aftermarket rubber (??) one like this one I took out. It has absolutely no name, number, markings anywhere.

The old felt seal P/N was 260 001 R2.

I did a google search with no luck.

Does anyone have a lead as to where I could source one? Thanks.

DSCN2928.JPG

DSCN2929.JPG

Looks like an aftermarket seal  alright similar to the changeover seals that could be used in place of the ropes on older chevy 6 bangers , good luck

That is an IH oem seal. Sadly nla. Crankshaft for those was smooth. Felt seal cranks had spiral groove. I think retainers were different too. Not sure on that. Some people report they are getting by useing the felt seals in those any way.

Unfortunately that seal is impossible to find. From what I was told, Bates was going to have someone remake them but that was years ago now and I don’t know if they ever found anyone to do them. Is the crank grooved or smooth?  Heard stories of guys putting in neoprene seals back in the day on the grooved cranks. They would leak pretty quick. If it’s grooved you can find a seal retainer set for the felt seal and use those with the felt.  MD would have originally had the felt/grooved crank.  Afraid if you put felt in on a smooth crank, it would leak.  Good luck.